Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

New EFCC Chairman Takes Over - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New EFCC Chairman Takes Over (436 Views)

Slaughter House Chairman Assassinated In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Real Estate Agent Arrested For Impersonating EFCC Chairman, Magu (PHOTO) / EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New EFCC Chairman Takes Over by MrDavidson: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
The acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, on Wednesday charged all staff of the Commission to brace up for fresh and greater challenges in combating corruption.
Below is his full speech:

I am today faced with mixed feelings. I have that instinctive happiness for being the one chosen among an array of senior colleagues and competent contemporaries, to take the mantle of leadership of this very professional institution. I also feel heavy around my shoulders, the burden of leadership and expectations. This call to duty is by no means a small challenge; it is a huge task that requires absolute commitment. I am humbled and challenged by the decision of Mr. President.
Let me, by way of paying tribute to the founding fathers of this institution, state our resolve not to falter on the well-established traditions of patriotism,
dedication, courage and fearlessness. We will take this responsibility with utmost seriousness that it deserves.
There may be no need to rehash the facts of the enormity of the corruption pandemic and why fighting it to a standstill is a lifesaver for our country. Indeed, corruption cannot coexist with any meaningful development. The immediate past Chairman of this Commission and the senior management team have worked assiduously in this regard, in accordance with the founding objectives of the Commission. We shall keep the spirit alive and improve on it.
I wish to use this opportunity to thank the outgoing Executive Chairman for his leadership and wish him the best in his future endeavours.
Indeed, there is no better time to ginger up the anticorruption campaign than now that we are faced with economic downturn and the attendant sharp decline in government revenues. There is therefore the need to make sure that whatever is gotten for common use did not end up in private pockets. Again, to attract foreign investments that would complement the income of the Government; we need to clean up our systems in line with global best practices. We intend to pay serious attention to these important areas.
In all that we do, I will be guided by the fear of God and patriotism. We will also have as our watchwords the rule of law and national interest. We will work in an open and transparent manner to ensure
accountability . We will also take whatever decision with the highest sense of responsibility.
To the staff at all levels, I seek your maximum support and cooperation. This is a collective responsibility that can only be driven by the spirit of teamwork. I pledge to be a listening leader and one that is responsive to your welfare and
capacity development . I am ready and willing to work with everybody without any primordial concerns. However, everybody must sit up and demonstrate willingness to do the work.
While we will intensify on our work out there, we will also keep an eye internally. I will not tolerate indiscipline nor condone abuse of office or acts of
corruption. We have to remove the speck in our eyes first, to clearly face the outside world. You have no place in the fight against corruption if you are corrupt yourself. We cannot be caught napping in our own primary calling.
The task ahead is enormous and very challenging but with our collective commitment, we can deliver.

www.africanspotlight.com/2015/11/11/full-speech-photos-ibrahim-magu-takes-over-as-efcc-boss/

Re: New EFCC Chairman Takes Over by bmxshop: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Take the bull by the horn and hit the ground running. Eschew propaganda and tackle corruption fearlessly.

Congratulations sir.
Re: New EFCC Chairman Takes Over by carinmom(f): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Wish you well sir. May you have special courage and the required zeal to fight corruption so that Nigeria will be great again.
Re: New EFCC Chairman Takes Over by Favparis(f): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
he should start work immediately and not probe as those that have been probing are still sleeping

(1) (Reply)

Explanations On Terrorism And The Recent Paris Attack: 120 Lives So Far Gone / Man Uploads Photos On Facebook And Admits He’s A Thief (photos) / Benin Guys Who Kidnapped Young Boys & Had S*x With Them Nabbed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.