Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,022 members, 7,931,521 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:42 AM

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? (2815 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? by yuppyz(m): 6:08am On Nov 12, 2015
A close friend of mine who just gained admission to Rivers State University of science and technology has been given option of the following courses.

Biotechnology
Microbiology
Plant science
Environmental science and
Anatomy

She said she prefer Biotechnology, but asked me to research the career opportunities for this course within the Nigeria context so, I decide I will ask my good people of NL for more insight.

Pls kindly help a brother, all contributions are welcome

@ Mod, my two ✌ are in the air.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2015
yuppyz:
A close friend of mine who just gained admission to Rivers State University of science and technology has been given option of the following courses.

Biotechnology
Microbiology
Plant science
Environmental science and
Anatomy

She said she prefer Biotechnology, but asked me to research the career opportunities for this course within the Nigeria context so, I decide I will ask my good people of NL for more insight.

Pls kindly help a brother, all contributions are welcome

@ Mod, my two ✌ are in the air.

grin grin let me give you a hint wink all these courses require biology as a major requirement for admission.

biotechnology is a very wide field. it basically compromises of the applied form of various aspects of biology (biochemistry, botany, microbiology, molecular biology even zoology sef grin wink ). to be honest with you, biotechnology is on the same difficulty level with courses like plant science (aka botany), microbiology and biochemistry. the career prospects are basically the same depending on the area of interest of the individual studying the course. the industries (though they don't really exist in Nigeria) that require the services of a biotechnologist will/might also require the services of a microbiologist/biochemist/botanist but not vice versa.

Based on the current economic realities in Nigeria, biotechnology is NOT a good course to study in Nigeria. Don't get it twisted o! the course is a very good course, its better you study it abroad not here.

(1) (Reply)

2018/2019 UNN UTME/ Direct Entry Thread / I Crushed My IELTS Exams On My First Try! / Worst Jamb Score Of 2022. Reward For Laziness � What Made Him Score So Low Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.