Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,085 members, 7,903,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman (3841 Views)

Poll: What Is Your Priority?

University Degrees: 26% (9 votes)
Dignity: 73% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Five Easiest University Degrees And Five Hardest University Degrees. / Ten worst university degrees for your career. Read!!! / 10 Worst University Degrees For Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by lonelygem(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2009
Many times, I crack my skull as to the genesis of the points most of our so called aristos (undergraduate prostitutes) make when they are caught in the act, some claim to go into prostitution to enable them secure their university degree, the question that bother ones mind is, 'what happen after the degree has been secured?' in due honesty, should a woman damn her dignity for the academic degrees? what about the future consequences, does Our country University degrees worth 'do or die'? what would you do as a woman if you find yourself in a financial instability in pursuance of your academic degrees? how would you advise the younger ones? should they let go their dignities for University degrees or the degrees for woman dignity.

women in the house, your response would be appreciated!
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by pappy2000: 1:35pm On May 16, 2009
this issue depends on the individual.But in my own opinion i think it is pretty bad.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by congoshine(m): 1:45pm On May 16, 2009
talk is cheap. . . .

The easiest thing is to point fingers.

We all do things we don't necessarily agree with. The only ones i would blame are those from well to do homes indulging in this. . .

Just my two cents
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Seun(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2009
In many cases, you can't have "dignity" without an academic degree, so it's not a matter of choosing. If you drop out of university for moral reasons, it's still not dignified. You're still a dropout!
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by pappy2000: 2:32pm On May 16, 2009
@seun
which one will u prefer dropout(lady) or prostitute to marry.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by dominictj(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2009
Its a two way thing, one can earn herself a niche with out acquiring a university degree & at thesame time Nigerian ladies with university degree are highly respected in our society. so family & societal values goes a long way at determing how a lady can preserved herself under dis tempting grounds.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by dominictj(m): 2:40pm On May 16, 2009
non of the above
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by hackney(m): 2:49pm On May 16, 2009
Dont judge till you are in her shoes.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by coolfaced8(f): 3:00pm On May 16, 2009

1 Like

Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by babzyshe: 3:09pm On May 16, 2009
There used to be a time when this was a non-issue.

I don't believe there is anything like - you don't have a choice. You always have a choice and you will get whatever you set your heart out to achieve even if it takes a longer time. Tha'ts the way the universe operates.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by wanville(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2009
:d
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 16, 2009
My education is my priority, and that, is my dignity.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by annyplenty(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2009
I think nigerian gloomy economy has put a high percentage our women into alot of calamities in the name of education.

I tell you is not only ARISTOS that have taken a good sample of our brides-to-be in the name of getting a mean of survival. many PROFESSORS and LECTURERS have also contributed considerably in devalueing our tomorrow's wives in the name of awarding good grades.

These girls generally believe getting a degree is automatic to making it in life only to be faced with problems of unemployment after graduation and the harassment continues with employers.

Invariably, many ladies become used to using this "power of the buttom" to find their ways and the process continues. Really, I believe self dignity is important while not jeopardising eduaction. mind you, the education doesnt necessarily have to formal or a degree education.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by omonua85: 5:17pm On May 16, 2009
Things hav changed. Some girls go to uni. nt primarily 4 knowledge. Going to uni. Is seen as a prerequisite to getting married 2 a responsible husband. How do u explain these aristo girls getting married 2 good guys and the good girls are left to make do with d rest. Final word :Whatever u sow u shall reap.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 16, 2009
Seun never answered!
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 16, 2009
I choose the woman without aristo-enhanced degree but the problem is when she comes in, she acts like the aristo lady with yeye degree. No good wives anywhere. My pal I was chatting with today, told me how ready he was to marry but where is the woman-the big question. I asked things he looks for-a woman that can at least love back with deeds and consideration. But he was quick to point out that he wanna travel light to the US.So women are classified baggage now on! Am still confused about the whole man and woman thing.Just like hell and heaven! Hard to get at.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by ijawgirl: 8:49pm On May 16, 2009
University degree

at least if nobody wants to marry me because of my past, I can depend on my uni degree for survival

education before anything
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by banom(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2009
Of what value is dignity without education ?
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Krayola(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2009
university degrees are overrated. If you want to learn read the books without paying tuition, writing the exams, and going to classes. You learn the sh!t for free. That way they don't need the money and they can just give the sex away for free, and we'll all be happy. grin
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by ibigod(m): 10:12pm On May 16, 2009
coolfaced8:

we're in trouble. cry

The roof is not just leaking anymore, it's been completely removed.

from buying WAEC questions, to sleeping with lecturers for grades, and now prostituting to earn a degree. What else after degree? A mother and wife who'd prolly sleep with father in law to keep her marriage if need be. As it's also very acceptable to use all avenues to keep your marriage, isn't it?

are we going to simply keep looking, move on like if this cancer will not affect us or our kids?

I totaly agree and suport your opinion.

i will like to send you a direct mail pls cheek my profile and send me a mail so i can send you more mails thanks
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Nobody: 7:13am On May 17, 2009
what bullshit, perhaps boys from poor backgrounds should go into armed robbery to fund their education as well.

the long and short of it IMHO is that they are women who have decided to use their bodies as a source of financial aggrandizement , and you can bet they will continue to do it when they graduate, albeit in a more refined setting, there are plenty of high ranking women in corporate nigeria whose only marketable skills are toggling the MDs staff of office.

nigerians are way too found of using their circumstances as an excuse for any kind of reprehensible behavior.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by rusky(m): 9:34am On May 17, 2009
I see no difficulty in this issue. The truth which we all have refused to look at is the aspect of reading. If the woman had read her books very well and passed the exam there would be no need for anything to occur. I have not seen anybody here give this advice.

however if she did not pass her exams and she is not WILLING to repeat the year, then you cannot blame the lecturer who decides to take advantage.

This is so simple.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by astuto: 9:43am On May 17, 2009
I think the underlying problem is laziness on the part of these girls. I think it's that simple.
     Trust me, other problems abound in this our country. To me, a person who engages in prostitution only, is a far better person than someone who steals millions meant for infrastructural development, though both are bad.
      Once again, let us explore our true motives in this issue. are we giving the ladies healthy advice or are we just envious of some abysmally lazy girls who are doing that which we dare not, or cannot do?

Nice entry, oyb.
oyb:

what  bullshit, perhaps boys from poor backgrounds should go into armed robbery to fund their education as well.

the long and short of it IMHO is that they are women who have decided to use their bodies as a source of financial aggrandizement , and you can bet they will continue to do it when they graduate, albeit in a more refined setting, there are plenty of high ranking women in corporate nigeria whose only marketable skills are toggling the MDs staff of office.  

nigerians are way too found of using their circumstances as an excuse for any kind of reprehensible behavior.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by ocean73(m): 11:43am On May 17, 2009
wanville:

All this aristo discussion is all longthing. I'm not in support of aristo but I know a billion aristo gals that have the best husbands in the world, They always "change' and find this amazing guy who is willing 2 accept them they way they are, So yeah they get their happy ending, while we sit back judging them, In the end its all a mooo point, Whateva any body wants 2 do with their life- na their own cup of tea. Wethin concern bridge with aeroplane?
something tell's me you are one of them, hahahahahahah,
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by ocean73(m): 11:47am On May 17, 2009
rusky:

I see no difficulty in this issue. The truth which we all have refused to look at is the aspect of reading. If the woman had read her books very well and passed the exam there would be no need for anything to occur. I have not seen anybody here give this advice.

however if she did not pass her exams and she is not WILLING  to repeat the year, then you cannot blame the lecturer who decides to take advantage.

This is so simple.
you are right, i see from ur point.
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Funseeka(m): 1:02pm On May 17, 2009
If you think you must get a degree to make it in life; check out Zuma, Nzeribe, Tupac & Tuface.
If you think only poor people do bizarre things; what of our politicians, sugar mummies and MEND.

Life’s cardinal rule is simple; you are what you think you are. If you must be ARISTO to make it, so it would be. But if you think you will make it without descending so low, so it would be. Most American musicians did not see the four walls of school but you & I sing their names everyday.

I blame our system that failed to produce independent graduates and also not providing enabling environment for the few that are independent. For the supporters of ARISTO, will you be happy to see your wife, sister or daughter indulge in it? lets preach what we believe
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by sleekdoc: 2:33pm On May 17, 2009
Get rich quick mentality, greed, materialism, low moral standards, lack of ambition and drive. . .
These are just some of the reasons why more and more girls are into aristo runs, whoever said they do it to get through school obviously doesnt know anything. They'r greedy and feel the need to "fit in" by buyin expensive clothing and all the other stuff that are clearly beyond their means, some of them even come from well to do homes, but stiill want more
It is not only university girls that are involved, women in the corporate world as well, lot of them even married!!
Afterall there are very beautiful young girls who still take up low paying but decent jobs in eatries or whatever jus to see them selves through school, those aristo girls are jus a filthy and greedy bunch, did you know that alot of them employ fetish means to get and hold the attention of some of their "clients"?
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by rusky(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2009
guy u dey vex o, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by JJYOU: 2:54pm On May 17, 2009
sleekdoc:

Get rich quick mentality, greed, materialism, low moral standards, lack of ambition and drive. . .
These are just some of the reasons why more and more girls are into aristo runs, whoever said they do it to get through school obviously doesnt know anything. They'r greedy and feel the need to "fit in" by buyin expensive clothing and all the other stuff that are clearly beyond their means, some of them even come from well to do homes, but stiill want more
It is not only university girls that are involved, women in the corporate world as well, lot of them even married!!
Afterall there are very beautiful young girls who still take up low paying but decent jobs in eatries or whatever jus to see them selves through school, those aristo girls are jus a filthy and greedy bunch, did you know that alot of them employ fetish means to get and hold the attention of some of their "clients"?
free for all
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by ELNAFATY1: 3:12pm On May 17, 2009
At this time in Naija isit possible women to stop going 4 Degree thinking of keeping their Dignity?
I think, ________
Re: Women, What Is Your Priority? University Degrees Or Ur Dignity As A Woman by Theblessed(f): 4:50pm On May 17, 2009
Well, having read most of the commentaries regarding this aristos (whatever that meant). 
For all I know, the world is not a fair place - GOOD GIRLS' DON'T MAKE IT, BAD GIRLS' DO AND THEY USUALLY END UP WITH THE BEST! This is because, men generally like excitements and prepared to spend time and money for it.  Therefore, women who understand this and are prepared to give up their dignity and swim along are sure to catch the fattest worm.  Afterall, if not for curiosity and excitement why are very rich men with beautiful wives at home pay thousands of pounds for a minute shot on fun, huh!!  Would you want to be married to such men?  No, I'd rather be lonely and happy on my own than miserable in a marriage like this. Yes, we all have different values - some women would ignore such behaviour and stay in the marriage as long as money keeps flowing their way however, independent women like myself would flip and kick his URGLY A-S.  I am not 'a die in a marriage at all cost type' as I'm happy to answer my maiden name any time afterall, I am still my father's daughter, marriage or not, abi What't the heck if marriage wouldn't work?   Because, a rich man, wouldn't give a tosh and most of them don' care if they have wives at home or not and are prepared to fund these women in a like it or lump it manner.  They say DEMAND triggers SUPPLY and would I blame the single aristos girls for wanting a head in life?  No, I blame the men mainly married ones among them for paying attention to these ladies.  A prostitute is a prostitute.  It does not matter which Armani they decorated themselves with?  They are every man's woman - rich and poor, truck pushers, sh-t packers and all, it does not matter.  To them, what matters are, shine the dosh and, they go, go! 
To me, no truely decent guy would touch such women with a badge pole but how many of you guys on here can truely swear decency let alone men with money who could do as they pleases - IT'S ALL ABOUT POWER, people!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Formal Apology Letter To Nairalanders / Haters In Romance Section Will Say I No Get Iphone7 (pictures) / Indians Taking Over Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.