Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,682 members, 7,905,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria (43253 Views)

Osinbajo Assigns Portfolios To New Ministers / How Buhari Stopped Osinbajo From Assigning Portfolios To New Ministers / APC To PDP: We Can’t Give Portfolios To Thugs, Mistresses As You Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by KanwuliaJara: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Na Northern Nigeria put am for PAWA? grin
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by yesboss20(m): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kingbilo:
Lol. I like the way people have less and less to complain about as time goes on.

I laughed out loud when reading your comment. Their mouths are getting dry, eh!

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
wailers would be speechless.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Ephemmm: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Akshow:
How to achieve biafra

Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but my problem is ur
approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and i
can assure u its going to work out successfully. if u can unite and
follow the following steps then i can tell, welcome to the Republic of
Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians as u
are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike
Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people
u will be better off without it
STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that
Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to
relocate to home untill this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them
to come back as expatriate
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main
market, and every other market even in the remote villages accross
the country.
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from
buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan.
Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee! .

[b]South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Postulates: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
malton:
cool. I like that Kachikwu doubles as GMD, NNPC. Makes him the most powerful GMD to date.

Buhari is indeed smart! He assigned himself the substantive minister of petroleum so to avoid Kachikwu clashing with some minister policy wise. He must believe in him to entrust such huge responsibility on him.

This more than balances the equation.

But then again, Barcanista is pained, I wonder why he must wail over everything! Abi na from you Buhari snatch Aisha? Tell us something, TonyeBarcanista.

Carry go, Mr president!

Lalasticlala, abeg no tire for me!

Get your facts straight. Gaius-Obaseki had a similar arrangement as NNPC GMD whilst Obasanjo as President, doubled as the Petroleum Minister between May 1999 to May 2003; (at this point Edmund Dakouru was appointed Minister of Energy) though Obaseki's tenure ended in November 2003. To be fair to you, it has been a long time since such an arrangement was setup, where the President doubled as the substantive Petroleum Minister.

In terms of balancing the equation, PMB got this right. The configuration in the Petroleum Ministry is such that on paper:
PMB - Minister of Petroleum (North)
EIK - State Minister of Petroleum (South)
Dr. Shu'ra Jamila - Permanent Secretary Petroleum Ministry (North)
Prospective GMD - South (My prediction)

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by yesboss20(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
catchfun:

^^

)

A few points of correction: Nigerian Airspace Management Agency is abbreviated NAMA and the abbreviation for Nigerian Meteorological Agency is NiMet. Thank you.
In addition, I believe the Honourable Minister for Transportation gets to oversee the operations of Federal Road Maintenance Agency, FERMA and other departments/agencies related to Road Transport. Even the Air Transport operators lie in wait....National Aviation Handling Company, NAHCO et cetera.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Tobi Soniyi of ThisDay, another moronic product of a failed education system quack calling himself a journalist.

This cretin claims Buhari gave "Key Portfolios" to southerners without having the brain to list what he regards as key portfolios and why.

Another dumb cretin in Nigeria calling himself "journalist".

Tobi Soniyi

2 Likes

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by agabusta: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
jesse515:
M not a fan of PMB or a supporter of APC but I am sumhow seeing certain positivity in his govt, I was awed ytday dat he gave key seats to even d south east.

Waiting patiently for policy direction n d jobs.

M currently looking for a safety officer job.

Nice response. GEJ did not sign the OSH bill into law that will create much needed jobs in the safety industry. We need to start mounting pressure now on the current administration to ensure they sign tht critical bill into law.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by goshen26: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
Akshow:
How to achieve biafra

Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but my problem is ur
approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and i
can assure u its going to work out successfully. if u can unite and
follow the following steps then i can tell, welcome to the Republic of
Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians as u
are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike
Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people
u will be better off without it
STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that
Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to
relocate to home untill this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them
to come back as expatriate
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main
market, and every other market even in the remote villages accross
the country.
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from
buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan.
Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee! .

Nice advise. Buh that number 2 can never be possible, as the rich men and women are still enjoying the national cake, only the poor are fighting for the realisation Biafra, the rich don't give a damn

2 Likes

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by 247notire(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lol. People still have hope in Nigeria sha. No be today. Unless this country is restructured to emancipate the south from the north and the economy is seriously diversified asap, all this one na noise.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by makdcash(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Am an igbo boy.....baba has truly change.....GOD will will surely bless buhari for this
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by damton(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Acidosis:

6 months is gone, you're still busy 'campaigning'. You need help bro
.How is this a campaign. perhaps you don't know the difference between commendation and campaign.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by oderaxgod: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Swaggzkid:
abegi lemme hear word joorh.....

how does this news divert the economy from nosediving?
ode, better go and suck breast to develop your brain cells
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by babafirst(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
LoveMachine:
Wailers are on hush? grin
They are wailing internally.lol.

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Coldfeets: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
I'm not a wailer. It's just that all I want is to be made the minister of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by sportsdrive: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
pls i need a good sport writer/editor.interested applicant should contact me via my email yinkuze2006@yahoo.com

working hours -4 hours
monthly pay 5000 naira
just an infant blog,pay will increase as the site develops
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
lovetterrison:
In a country gripped by ethno-political balancing, President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday moved to narrow the fault line that divides the North and the South by assigning most of the key portfolios of his administration to Nigerians of southern origin.

The president also made good his promise to rationalise the public sector by slashing the number of ministries from 29 to 24.
Since he assumed office on May 29, Buhari has been widely criticised for appointing mostly northerners to non-ministerial but key positions in government.

Prior to the inauguration of the cabinet, Nigerians of northern extraction accounted for almost 80 per cent of the president’s appointments, relative to 20 per cent allotted to southerners.

But yesterday, any concerns that may have arisen over Buhari’s choice of government functionaries to drive home his plan for socio-economic prosperity was laid to rest with the appointment of Babatude Fashola (Lagos) as Minister of Power, Works and Housing; Adebayo Shittu (Oyo) as Minister of Communications; Isaac Adewole Folorunsho (Osun) as Minister of Health; Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) as Minister of Solid Minerals; and Kemi Adeosun (Ogun) as Minister of Finance, representing the South-west geopolitical zone.

From the South-south zone, those with key appointments included Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom) as Minister of Budget and National Planning; Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers) as Minister of Transportation; Ibe Kachikwu (Delta) as Minister of State for Petroleum Resources; and Usani Usani Uguru (Cross River) as Minister of Niger Delta.

The South-east produced Okey Enelamah (Abia) as Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, and Geoffrey Oyeama (Enugu) as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

However, a closer review showed that the North still got other key positions such as Audu Ogbeh from Benue State in North-central Nigeria, who will man the crucial Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry, Ms. Amina Mohammed from Gombe in the North-east will superintend over the Environment Ministry, while Alhaji Adamu Adamu from Bauchi in the North-east with oversee the Education Ministry.

More significantly, the areas of law enforcement and security was left entirely in the hands of Abdulrahman Dambazzau (Minister of Interior) from Kano in the North-west, Mosur Dan-Ali (Minister of Defence) from Zamfara in the North-west, and Abubakar Malami (Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice) from Kebbi, also in the North-west.

Buhari kept to his word by keeping the portfolio of Minister of Petroleum Resources, where he will be assisted by Kachikwu who still doubles as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Other ministers who were assigned their portfolios after their swearing-in yesterday included: Abubakar Bawa Bwari (Niger) who was made Minister of State for Solid Minerals; Mohammed Musa Bello (Adamawa) - Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT); Senator Aisha Alhassan (Taraba) - Minister of Women Affairs; Lai Mohammed (Kwara) - Minister of Information and Culture; Chief Ogbonaya Onu (Ebonyi) - Minister of Science and Technology; and Mrs. Zainab Shamshuna Ahmed (Kaduna) - Minister of State, Budget and National Planning.

Others were: Prof. Anthony Gozie Anwuka (Imo) who was announced Minister of State for Education; Mr. James Ocholi (Kogi) - Minister of State for Labour and Employment; Senator Chris Ngige (Anambra) – Minister of Labour and Employment; Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa) – Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development; Mustapha Shehuri (Borno) – Minister of State for Power; Prof. Claudius Daramola (Ondo) – Minister of State for Niger Delta; Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim (Yobe) – Minister of State for Foreign Affairs; Ms. Aisha Abubakar (Sokoto) – Minister of State for Trade, Industry and Investment; Ibrahim Usman Jibril (Nasarawa) – Minister of State for Environment; and Osagie Ehanire (Edo) – Minister of State for Health.

Others that were assigned portfolios were: Solomon Dalong (Plateau) – Minister of Youth and Sports; Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa) – Minister of Water Resources; and Senator Hadi Sirika (Katsina) – Minister of State for Aviation.

Speaking after the swearing-in of the cabinet, the president asked the ministers to justify the confidence he and the nation had reposed in them.

The president said he consulted widely before selecting his ministers and allocating portfolios to them, adding that he and his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, had been mindful of the need to constitute a cabinet that would best deliver their expectations of a better country than what they inherited.

He said: “We want to work towards a prosperous nation respected for the right reasons, and whose citizens can hold up their heads anywhere in the world.”

The president also expressed optimism that bringing the current batch of ministers to serve the country was a step in the right direction, describing it as "a timely move towards realising their goals for our country”.

The president said since he assumed office in May, he had been mindful of the need to ensure that the appointment of new ministers translated into putting round pegs in round holes while showing sensitivity to the nation’s diversity.

“I have also been conscious of the need not to repeat such mistakes of the past where the right people were allocated the wrong portfolios, which translated into their performing poorly to our collective detriment despite their obvious capabilities.

“Also, I have responded to the counsel to consult as widely as possible, given the need to build a stable and all-inclusive government by reaching across our various ethnic and political divides,” he said.

He noted that with the inauguration of ministers, his government would continue more decisively to implement its policies in respect of the economy and in other areas.

“While working hard to maximise revenue from oil in the face of a sharp decline in the price for the commodity, we are determined to diversify the economy in agriculture to enhance employment and explore solid minerals as a major revenue earner,” he added.

According to him, the primary aim is to achieve self-sufficiency in the production of staple foods such as rice and wheat and to become a major consumer and exporter of both items as well as solid minerals.

He promised that his government would pursue policies that would generate massive employment for millions of youths, and reiterated his determination and focus to ensure improved security for the country and its citizens, and without letting up in the government’s fight against corruption.

“Our commitment to defeat Boko Haram and all the threats it constitutes remains as strong as ever. So is our resolve to root out vices such as kidnapping and neutralise the various forms of criminalities that threaten the social peace of Nigerians,” he said and expressed the view that in the moral sphere, trust was slowly but steadily being re-established between the government and the people.

“Now, when the government speaks, the people listen; and when the people’s expectations are not met, they appreciate that it is not for lack of commitment or trying on the part of government. In effect, government business is now being conducted with transparency and cynicism is waning as a result,” he added.

Buhari said the adoption of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) had resulted in the blocking of leakages in the public sector, making more funds available for the business of governance and ensuring the welfare of citizens.

He added that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had also assisted more than 30 states with concessionary loans to offset the salary arrears of their workers.

“On the monetary side, the CBN has also implemented country-specific and innovative policies that have helped to stabilise the exchange rate and conserve our reserves.”

He urged the ministers to proceed to work speedily and do their utmost to justify the confidence placed in them not only by their conduct but also by their performance in their various positions, adding that the economy is poised for sustained job creation, poverty reduction and inclusive growth.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/in-a-deft-move-buhari-gives-key-portfolios-to-southern-nigeria/225394/

buhari fooooled d south.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by festusfeezy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
catchfun:

^^

)

Yes, I know about that, why not give him some strategic ministry's like, min. of fin fct n others to
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Touchforfree(m): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
festusfeezy:

After all the consultation u were wrongly advice to relegate amechi to that level. Min of transportation

Hmmmmmm. Anyway Goodluck to them

Did U refer to our own OluRotimi Amaechi heading 2 Ministry as 1 being relegated ?.

He that'll be in charge of NPA, FCAA, NIMASA and a host of others is highly favoured being in charge. Stellar Oduah headed just 1 of these 2 'nd can you still understand vividly how it went.

Congrats to Fashola, Amaechi, Kachikwu, Adeosun and others....
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by wiseoneking: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
malton:
cool. I like that Kachikwu doubles as GMD, NNPC. Makes him the most powerful GMD to date.

Buhari is indeed smart! He assigned himself the substantive minister of petroleum so to avoid Kachikwu clashing with some minister policy wise. He must believe in him to entrust such huge responsibility on him.

This more than balances the equation.

But then again, Barcanista is pained, I wonder why he must wail over everything! Abi na from you Buhari snatch Aisha? Tell us something, TonyeBarcanista.

Carry go, Mr president!

Lalasticlala, abeg no tire for me!

You're so daft! Dunce! One for you, and the other for the shithole that liked your comment.

In times past, the portfolio could have gone to just about anyone. It's the president's prerogative to hand it to whoever he deems fit. That he found that person to be Fashola is plausible.

You don't talk down an entire people like that...nincompoop!

You are worst than the person you accused by your worst nicompoopish remark. Got a log in thy eyes but worried about his light tiny speck. Clean up first. You dont need to quote me.

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by reuben79: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
New nigeria...........tank God
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by M4gunners: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
The 3 states that makeup Nigeria must produce one minister each.I don't know why APC followers here are jumping up of kee portfolio.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
weblogo:
nice
plss check my signature...
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by mindtricks: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
damton:
PMB is the architect of our quest for a New Nigeria.
The only president that can give us chanji

Anyone can dissent.

But certainly cant be the only one capable of delivering.

He has the goodwill.

We all look foward to seeing him perform.

After all, it is not over, until it is over.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Dbboy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
That deft move is to clam the Biafra secessionists down all thanks to those people protesting in the south.
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by Swaggzkid: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
oderaxgod:
ode, better go and suck breast to develop your brain cells

Your so foolish that you forgot you were a fool....I think you dad needs the breast milk. ODEraxgod
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
omo see Fashola hands like those of crabs and na some babes go dey feel those fingers o. Buhari hand fine pass am self
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by coleon(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Equalizer:
"More significantly, the areas of law enforcement and security was left entirely in the hands of Abdulrahman Dambazzau (Minister of Interior) from Kano in the North-west, Mosur Dan-Ali (Minister of Defence) from Zamfara in the North-west, and Abubakar Malami (Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice) from Kebbi, also in the North-west."

If indeed we are one Nigeria, why must our security and judiciary be left in the hands of North West alone... I smell foul.

Wailer shaaaa.Must you wail on everything?
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by mrhipup(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
I stand for one Nigeria I stand for peace God bless GMB God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by RickyTan: 5:45am On Nov 13, 2015
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Ephemmm:

[b]South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth
[/b]

YOU ARE STUPID. And scared of IGbOs and clearly can't compete with the Igbo economic power and their republican nature.

Its the truth yous say of your hate speech? You think you know everything?
NOT all Igbo support Biafra, but ofcourse you lump them together to suit your wicked anti - Igbo rant. Plenty Igbos moved on from the 1960s so eff off.

SOuth south will form its own? SOuth South IS NOT a tribe. Besides there are millions of Igbos in the IBB created "south south" so what are you gonna do about that? Or you think dismissing them as Igbo speaking means they are now Kanuri?

FYI the OBI of ASABA is the same thing as OBI of Onitsha, hence you see Pro Biafra protests in all IGBO LAND - ASABA and Port Harcourt ( Igwe Ocha) included.

Anyways God Bless Our Nigeria shaa
Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2015
Enough said.

1 Like

Re: In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria by juman(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2015
He is praised.

Shows he represents the whole country. Those ministers should not disappoint, they should perform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / We’ll Meet In The Battlefield -- Asari Dokubo Tells APC / Olukayode Ariwoola Born In 1958, Started School In 1959?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.