Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,834 members, 7,966,080 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

How IKEDC (ikeja Electric) Is Robbing The Poor And Giving To The Rich - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How IKEDC (ikeja Electric) Is Robbing The Poor And Giving To The Rich (661 Views)

Armed Robbers In Delta Tie Dog For Barking As They Tried Robbing (pics / Singer, Mocheddah Blows Hot As Ikeja Electric Shuts Down Over 9 Transformers / Ghanaian Lady Rubs Money In Her Vagina Before Giving To Bus Conductor (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How IKEDC (ikeja Electric) Is Robbing The Poor And Giving To The Rich by dee5(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is no news that the power sector of Nigeria has been privatized and as such the role of electricity distribution now rests on the
shoulders of private companies. One of such companies is ikeja distribution company situated in Lagos.

Now, I am using this medium to bring to the knowledge of every discerning Nigerian the day light robbery being perpetrated by
the aforementioned Company. We all know that some "high-brow" areas within lagos enjoy almost 24 hours of uninterrupted power
supply every day of the week while most "low-brow" areas of the state are witnessing erratic power supply.

Also, Despite this huge gap in the availability of electric power supply in the above mentioned areas, it is sad to note that the monthly
power bill charged the two classes of customers (i.e those who enjoy more frequent power supply, and those who are left in a black-out)
both pay grossly equal averages in monthly power bills.

What this means is that whether you are getting a steady supply of electricity or not, you are paying for the cost of the usage of the few "Elites"
who are enjoying 24 hours of electricity. This to me is a typical example of a company whose business ideal amounts to robbing the poor to give to the rich. In other words, it means we the majority of electric users in lagos state are forced to foot bills of the electrical usage of the "elites".

This to me is another form of corruption on the part of this particular private company in question. And it should be discouraged. What i advocate is an even distribution of electricity to every part of the state. Let them rationalise the available supply of electricity allocated to
Ikeja Electricity Distribution company. And Let them stop this corrupt and prefential treatment being metted out to citizens of this state.

- Written from araromi bus/stop, lasu-isheri expressway, igando. an area currently suffering from the injustice of this private power distribution
company.

Re: How IKEDC (ikeja Electric) Is Robbing The Poor And Giving To The Rich by omoplaycool(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
ANTI-RIBIN HOOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How IKEDC (ikeja Electric) Is Robbing The Poor And Giving To The Rich by chris4gold(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
are you sure?

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! / So Terrible / Young Mother Gets Killed By Man She Met On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.