Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,743 members, 7,879,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' (36173 Views)

IPOB Names Fayose Honorary Biafra Governor / Ekiti APC Names Fayose Arch Enemy Of Buhari / Fayose: Opposition Or Distraction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by noleon22(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2015
eyesofgod:
One would have naturally questioned the sanity of the lawmakers in this instance but then in a system where the opposition parties have gone into self induced hibernation till next election people like Fayose will be thrown up as a stop gap. He is fearless no doubt, but that is due to his motor park mentality. Isolate him and he will melt like butter.
I doubt if he will be an asset to PDP in the long run because he is too crude; a complete street guy. Such character is what the party should tame or avoid if it really wants to re-brand.
Mr. Man! I doubt if u truely know de meaning of opposition in de political arena! cos if u do, u will fall in love with FAYOSE..!
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by eleko1: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2015
chukspd:
his life was threatened then and it was not a case of going to jail
who threatened his life then?
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by oatzeal(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2015
House Names Ayo Fayose 'The opposition Leader'

[img]http://2.bp..com/-tVlygRnQOyc/VkWOzVFGztI/AAAAAAAAIqI/lpwY3bDKewk/s640/Ekiti-State-Governor-Ayodele-Fayose-360x225.jpg[/img]

Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose has said he is not afraid of going to jail to defend his conviction and ensure that the nation does not slide into a one-party dictatorship.

He said he was not afraid of President Muhammadu Buhari and would continue to criticise him for clamping down on former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors.

The governor spoke yesterday after the House of Assembly declared him “Nigeria’s opposition leader” for consistently speaking against perceived persecution by the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government.

The House, led by Speaker Kola Oluwawole, passed the resolution at a special sitting.

Lawmakers, who spoke at the sitting included Oluwawole; his deputy, Segun Adewumi; House Leader Tunji Akinyele; Samuel Omotoso and Mrs. Titi Owolabi-Akerele.

Fayose said: “Why should I be afraid of jail? Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Nelson Mandela were jailed. Chief MKO Abiola was clamped into detention.

“So, why should I be afraid of President Buhari? He is just going to be President for a period of time. Virtually, all former PDP governors are being tried for corruption.

“But my speaking about what the APC government is doing does not mean I am eyeing a bigger position. I am not ready to go to the Senate. Great leaders don’t think about political placement, but think about how to strive to make their country better.

“All of us cannot run away from harassment. I am an opposition figure and I want to help the ruling party through criticisms, so that it won’t sleep.

“I don’t have any apology. This is the only time I can help Nigeria by helping check oppression and dictatorship.

“But a fact remains that whether the house calls me opposition leader or not, I will remain myself.”

On why they ‘honored Fayose with the title, Oluwawole said: “Since Fayose assumed office, if you see and hear his contributions to national issues, he has been honest, frank, courageous and this shows that he is an epitome of leadership. He has also been prudent in the management of our resources.”

The Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejugbe and the Chairman, State Traditional Council, Oba Samuel Oyebade, urged the Assembly and other Ekiti citizens to continue to support the governor.

[size=18pt]SOURCE : http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/11/house-names-ayo-fayose-opposition-leader.html[/size]
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by loyaltyforever: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2015
Portfolios Of Nigeria Ministers | Full List Updated

President Muhammadu Buhari has announced the names of the new Permanent Secretaries for the Federal Government. His announcement was made through his spokesman, Femi Adesina, through a press released obtained by SaharaReporters moments ago.

Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari has finally inaugurated the new ministers of the country. The inauguration which took place on Wednesday at the Presdiential Villa in Abuja highlight was former Lagos state governor Fashola named as the Minister for Power, Works and Housing. The ministry is a merger of three ministries: Power, Works as well as Housing, Land and Urban Development.

Rotimi Amaechi is the new minister of Transportation while the president is the Minister of Petroleum.

See the list of ministers below and their portfolios
(Download MP3 Audio Music) READ MORE:- See The List of Portfolios for Designated-Ministers
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by sholasys: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2015
ziccoit:
Fayose is only publicly displaying his foolery. He is an executive governor of a state who is only popular for going round the street buying pepper , ewedu and roasted meats. I don't know where in a sane society such a figure would be more popular in news for street scavenging than projects commissioning. I am yet to read a news about Fayose commissioning a people oriented project and the guy has spent over a year in government.

For saying this, its either you are blind or dumb. Haters dont Last

1 Like

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by M4gunners: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2015
ziccoit:
Fayose is only publicly displaying his foolery. He is an executive governor of a state who is only popular for going round the street buying pepper , ewedu and roasted meats. I don't know where in a sane society such a figure would be more popular in news for street scavenging than projects commissioning. I am yet to read a news about Fayose commissioning a people oriented project and the guy has spent over a year in government.

Fayose is popular,because he is a grass roots governor. At least he is trying his best as a governor to raise alarm when he sees democracy being ture to cracydemo.
How many projects has your president commissioned since he assume office apart from the projects done by Jonathan's administration?

1 Like

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Kulas: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2015
No Fayose No democracy!,U are a real man!.May God continue to prosper our vocal Fayose.I can't forget also to mention d likes of Wike,Tunde Bakare,Femi Falana,Ike Ekweremadu.God bless u all.Dullard government should wake up.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by jonuel1(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2015
ziccoit:

O! You call it foolery? Remember Rochas did same, He was hailed. El-rufai and some APC gov did public stunt od doing sanitation and they were hailed. I think they all belong to same class as the Gov of Edo state is not left out.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by crispberry(f): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Lol @ topic . Leader ko leader ni mtcheeeww

By the way, Fayose don get small sense cheesy I remember when he wanted to remove the Ewi of Ado Ekiti to install Pa Adegoke.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Babacele: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2015
boboLIL:
Fayose always telling them the gospel truth.......

Even kids know u wela.....

Man of dignity

Ride on....
your man of dignity! Jessuuuuuuuuu!
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by juman(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2015
OLADD:

Thank you Oshokomole,

What is the meaning of Oshokomole?
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by fanysteve: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2015
Fayose my president!,
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Spybradd: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2015
PassingShot CHIMPANZEE grin:
Officially confirmed as the chief rogue that he is.

MONKEY PASSINGSHOT,PLS HOP AND PASS GO
grin
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by boboLIL(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2015
Babacele:
your man of dignity! Jessuuuuuuuuu!
ar u affected. Wid dat?
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Jolumania432(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2015
This Fayose I Pity Ya Life...General No Go Jail U But Sentence U 2 Death By Hangin..Idiot Man
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by eyesofgod: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2015
M4gunners:
Fayose is popular,because he is a grass roots governor. At least he is trying his best as a governor to raise alarm when he sees democracy being ture to cracydemo.
[b]How many projects has your president commissioned [/b]since he assume office apart from the projects done by Jonathan's administration?

Like Fayose like Mynd44. Garage mentality. Someone who claims to be re-branding in order to reclaim lost glory must first learn the art of political sophistry. You deny the president but tomorrow you want to produce a president. Hipocrisy.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by noblegrex: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2015
g4everybody:
This is the beauty of Democracy. People like Fayose are needed to checkmate the excesses of the government and always put them on their toes. But the Daura born dullard and their zombie supporters will never appreciate this.
I am PMB supporter a big fan of his at that,take it or leave it no shaking.I can't be a zombie cos it's my president I'm supporting and he's also a humanbeing like me. But original zombie like you don't have president cos you're an ANIMAL,so you should be in the bush in search of your president LION cos is the king of the jungle where you belong.go get sense boy
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by hotdi(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2015
ziccoit:

;DLolz...He didn't know that time is running out, his tenure will soon be completed without any single project, and anti-corruption agencies will come knocking at his door to ask him how market.
He keep calling himself a watch-dog over Buhari. Who is his own watch-dog? who is criticizing his actions? instead they clap around him, follow him to pepper soup joints all over the state.
See pot calling kettle black, Fayose that literally use seven members of the state house of assembly and thugs to impeach a sitting speaker and made them run out the state is here calling buhari names. He has no shame sha.

1 Like

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by nkemdi89(f): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2015
It never feels good to be an opposition especially in a state where the internally generated revenue is poor. There will be lack of federal presence in that state for long. Imo experienced that during last dispensation, people like obi in anambra then were in another party but carried the body language of pdp. Ekiti is a poor state the governor should channel his energy and noise in developing the state in order to make it a cynosure of everyone's eyes.

1 Like

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Babacele: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2015
boboLIL:
ar u affected. Wid dat?
of course not dearie cos u have d funda right to choose a rogue as yr man of dignity! lols.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by boboLIL(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Babacele:
of course not dearie cos u have d funda right to choose a rogue as yr man of dignity! lols.
ok

Mean while

Something to spice ur day up wid*****

* how to make babies

A child asked his father, "how were people born?" So his father said, "Adam and eve made babies, then their babies became adults and made babies, and so on". The child then went to his mother, asked her the same question and she told him, "we were monkeys then we evolved to become like we are now." The child ran back to his father and said, "you lied to me!" His father replied, "No, your mum was talking about her side of family...
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by OLADD: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
juman:

The only spirit that eats fried rice and drinks Five Alive juice.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by ALISMILE(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Imagine this quote, 'eboes trying hard to pull Fashola down. Has anyone observed that anybody the eboes love tend to get doomed and unfortunate? eboes loved PDP: pdp had the defeat of their life for the first time in 16yrs eboes loved Jonathan: he was defeated and disgraced out of presidency All was well for saraki till eboes started liking him. Now he has a huge case hanging on his head. eboes loved jimi agbaje, he lost to ambode eboes loved alameyesiegha, he is dead. eboes love wike, he is now having tribunal issues Ribadu crossed to pdp and eboes loved him, see as he lost the election. Fanikayode crossed to pdp and eboes loved him now he had been reduced to a twitter dog On the other hand, those hated by the eboes are rising eboes hate amaechi: he is now a powerful federal minister eboes hate fashola he is now a federal minister eboes hate ngige, he is now a federal minister eboes hate buhari, he is now the president. eboes hate tinubu, he is jagabanning them eboes hate OBJ he remains very relevant in Naija politics The list is endless. Ppl (esp South southerners) should take note that when the eboes start liking you, your doom is a stone throw away'.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Babacele: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2015
boboLIL:
ok

Mean while

Something to spice ur day up wid*****

* how to make babies

A child asked his father, "how were people born?" So his father said, "Adam and eve made babies, then their babies became adults and made babies, and so on". The child then went to his mother, asked her the same question and she told him, "we were monkeys then we evolved to become like we are now." The child ran back to his father and said, "you lied to me!" His father replied, "No, your mum was talking about her side of family...
lols
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by OLADD: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2015
juman:

Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by juman(m): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2015
OLADD:

Ok. Thanks. grin
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by docadams: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Acidosis:
Fayose is not alone. I am not afraid of Muhammadu Buhari. When necessary, he would receive some strokes of offensive criticism and insults from me.

I just can't wait to get my PDP membership card.

Good, bon voyage.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by Horlufemi(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2015
Questions

1. Has buhari ever exhibited dictatorship since he became president? Where and when.

2. Has he jailed anyone since May 29.

I like opposition but prejudice is very wrong.

Until Buhari jails someone without the court He isn't a dictator. Times have change.

Please look for something else to say.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by ibisko04: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2015
Fayose must not forget his duty to Ekiti people.
Playing to the gallery all the time does not make sense.
PDP need accurate and intelligence guys to make APC work in favour of the people of Nigeria.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by docadams: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Enahi:

What makes you think he cant be groomed? Anything is possible if he puts his mind into it.

Hmmmmmm.
Well, a trial will convince us.
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by menxer: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2015
g4everybody:
This is the beauty of Democracy. People like Fayose are needed to checkmate the excesses of the government and always put them on their toes. But the Daura born dullard and their zombie supporters will never appreciate this.

Democracy is about strong institutions to check excesses of government not a one-man, strong mouth "tout" that has found his voice in opposition.

Did he speak up against the PDP maladministration?
Re: House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' by docadams: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2015
menxer:

Democracy is about strong institutions to check excesses of government not a one-man, strong mouth "tout" that has found his voice in opposition.

Did he speak up against the PDP maladministration?

Ask them for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. / Sam Mbakwe's 40-Year-Old Wine Given To Nnamdi Kanu As Gift (Photo) / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.