Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? (6376 Views)

I Have Finally Gotten A Better And Permanent Job / Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? / See How Lagos Women Seeking For Job From SURE-P Turn To Sex Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by rusky(m): 1:15pm On May 17, 2009
Greetings Nairalanders,

I am skeptical about online recruitment agenices and am wondering how many of you guys have actually gotten a job or even attended an interview that came from them. I want to know if my brother is wasting his time applying through them. Thank you.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by nagari: 1:01pm On May 18, 2009
have u bothered to ask yourself why nobody has replied ur post, what u said is basically out of tune, why because it is obvious that all companies if not all have embraced the idea of online recuitment so if people dont get jobs from such avenue, can u please tell me how they get jobs then,

My friend job will surely come just keep trying, am a living testimony
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by lipstick1(f): 1:35pm On May 20, 2009
That question is really necessary.The worse about it is that some of the posts or information you get are not real.Me i don even dey tire to do this online stuff.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by mentina: 5:10pm On May 21, 2009
you don't have to be tired LIPSTICK, keep trying, one day it will click for you.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by stanorah: 11:28pm On May 22, 2009
My dear, that question is very important. I think we should stop fooling ourselves. Let us say the truth. Their is no on line job!
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by ogbronx(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2009
from a personal experience,almost all my friends and friends of friend's got the jobs they have now through connection even when those positions where advertised online.we cant stop online applications though because you can never tell where your luck comes from.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by Boladave: 10:59pm On May 23, 2009
tanx guys. i think u've said it all. i dont believe in dis online job.
na connection from God and man. besides most of these information are not real.
wish u all well
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by seriousman: 10:07pm On May 26, 2009
I think we need to reason in a rational manner rather than prosecuting the development of online recruitment that started emerging in Nigeria. Many countries across the globe are using the platform to help people/job seekers and it is the most convenient for  players in the market.

I as a person  had personal experience and got interview through employer(client) of   one of the online recruitment in Nigeria, even though I did not sail through in the interview. We really do not need to discourage people to do whatever way a manner that they get job as long that the online recruitment firm or their clients are not demanding money from the job seekers.

Forum is another medium for communicating jobs opening, but it purposes are not same with Online Recruitment.

I wish the beginner of this post should take  a wider view of the good thing coming to Nigeria rather than looking at things from narrow angle. Even all the jobs that people applied for through newspaper or any forum, your success depends on your skill experience and qualifications (and sometimes be in the right place at the right time) We dont need to get frustrated because some people are yet to get interview through online method.

let us see how far the development can go. I think that is what we should look at.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by BTT(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2009
i am still waiting for just one person to say otherwise. . .
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by engrksa(m): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2009
Online jobs advert & application are real but open to limited no of applicant.i av gotten job offers thru online application.infact, it is the best because it helps both the company & the job seekers.no paper stress.
My present job offer came thru nairaland post.alas, only 11 out of 1350 applicant was employed. The remaining 1339 will definately say 'the thing na scam'
Nevertheless, a lot of jobs in nigeria are on man know man basis.
But i prefer online application because i av gotten close to 4 differents offers under 2 yrs of post nysc
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by atimoh: 9:44am On Jun 06, 2009
dere is nothin impossible in life so keep ur faith alive
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by kugaba(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2009
ogbronx:

from a personal experience,almost all my friends and friends of friend's got the jobs they have now through connection even when those positions where advertised online.we cant stop online applications though because you can never tell where your luck comes from.

I agree with you. True talk
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by goksonjay(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2009
The fact is anything we get is given from above. so whether a job is gotten thru newspaper advert, on line , family and friends or the so call connectiion, the gospel truth is that if God is not involved, then You are on your own, and it is with HIM that all thing is possible, even online employment, so let's stop discouraging members of this great house. we are too much and connected to be frustrated.

Goke Oyewale
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by Dandas: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
Well,my dear,it atimes sounds disheartening.There is element of truth from what you are saying.From my job search experience,atimes i used to ask myself:am i sure that all these job i m applying that they do see my application or does my application goes to another source.This atimes,i will be tired of applying.The bottom line is that people will tell you,pls continue applying,dont get tired.Some people may not tell you how they got their offer.But believe it or not,here in naija,who you know(man know man),is still predomidant in job offer.I know of two oil and gas companies,95% of their staffs were through man know man,No writting of test,no interview etc.Now use this and compare that such is also applicable to many many companies.That is naija 4 u!!.what the sender of this thread is saying is true.I am not saying that online recruitments does not work,but the chances is very very minimal.Man know man(who you know),is very common here in naija.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by femtop2(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2009
Your question is valid and the true answer to it is that, it is possible to get job online. Another thing that can happen online is to subscribe to company that give you instant alert about vacancies and then you can do the application by yourself. How about that for a bargain. Don't know of such company. Watch out for my regular posts on the forum. I will soon let the cat out of the bag.
Cheers
Femtop
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by whassup: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2009
i wonder y the first resondent replied that way.in anycase i think coming online is just for me if there is opening somewhere so that i can look around for people who knows people in such organizations cos getting a job can be so difficult even after submitting online so many in house things are going on
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by Cmarketer(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
As an employer, all my candidates are from online.Especially from Nairaland. Ijhave recruited about four people six last month when I discovered Nairaland. We have been advertising in guardian Tuesday and Thursday for job notifications. But the cost is saved now for us. The cost is about 90k per insertion.

The problem about Nairaland candidates is that most of you are not qualified for the job. We get one out of every thirty applied candidates.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by MoVinTrAin: 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
Eeeem well i have applied for online jobs (98% of my applications has always been online) and since i came back from service about 6 weeks ago i have attended 5 interviews and have written a few aptitude test but don't have a job yet so with what i have seen so far i will say there are jobs online i just have not gotten one yet, lol
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by kehnie: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
@mr Gunnu,
supertube is not real,so pls RUN for your dear life and never pay for any job. shocked
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by kryc: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
My People

It is quite true on how ppl see online application because it tends not to favour them.
It is either u dont have much time to spend filling out application forms online or you are facing slow system in cyber cafes or onething or the other.

But i have to tell u guys that this online applications work fully.
I have written a lot of tests, even online test which some ppl did today. And i have attended a lot of interviews thru online applications. It is just that my Qualification is most times above what is required given my Age and work experience.

My brother, it is well.
We will all get there someday, ok.

Be patient, God dey.

For the supertube guy, please forget supertube because they are fraudsters.
If they have eaten ur money, just sacrifice it for them, cos they are rogues.

Just go to the last part of their mail sent to you and unsubscribe and that is it.

House God go see us through, Amen.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by harakiri(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
Online job applications would be more efficient if the "man-know-man" factor/tribalism wasn't in play.Most (if not all ) meaningful jobs in Nigeria are secured based on who you know,what part of the country you are from and NOT how how loaded your CV is.
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by bigleap1: 11:50am On Aug 07, 2010
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by projectman(m): 2:20am On May 25, 2011
HELLO ALL,THERE IS A RECENT JOB VACANCIES AVAILABLE IN PORTHARCOURT RIVERS STATE.

ARE YOU A 1ST DEGREE HOLDER,O.N.D HOLDER OR N.C.E HOLDER,(OR THEIR EQUIVALENTS), RESIDENT IN ANY PART OF RIVERS STATE, AND YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED,YET READY FOR AN IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT?,AN OPPORTUNITY HAS COME YOUR WAY NOW.

A NEW COMPANY HAS OPENED UP AND RECRUITING SUCH AS YOU ARE,AND THE OPPORTUNITY IS GOING. SO IF YOU ARE INTRESTED,OR YOU HAVE A RELATION,FRIEND,LOVED ONE'S WHO FALL INTO THESE CATEGORIES,DO YOURSELF OR THEM A FAVOUR BY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY NOW.

YOUR FIELD OF STURDY AND INEXPERIENCE IS NEVER A BARRIER,FOR ORIENTATION COURSE WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED,BUT YOU MUST BE INTELLIGENT,APPROACHABLE AND NICE.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION,JUST CONTACT ME ON[b] 2348035003514[/b],(TEXT MESSAGE PREFFERABLE),WITH YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER,INDICATING YOUR INTREST.

YOU SHALL BE COMMUNICATED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR YOUR CV AND THE REST.

NOTE: NOBODY CHARGES ANY FEE,NOT EVEN A KOBO FOR THIS. THAT'S WHY PORTHARCOURT RESIDENCE ARE MORE PREFFERED,BUT IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE PORTHARCOURT AND YET INTRESTED,YOU WILL SHOULDER YOUR TRANSPORT,ACCOMODATION AND FEEDING EXPENSES FOR NOW.

HELP SPREAD THIS GOODNEWS TO OTHERS AROUND YOU,THAT'S WHY WE ARE COMRADES OF THIS FORUM
THANKS
PROJECTMAN
Re: How Many People Have Actually Gotten A Job From Online Recruitment Companies? by amakanma: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2013
ALL is well. just keep trying because people are actually getting jobs online.

(1) (Reply)

American Airsea Cargo Phone Interview!!!!! / Graduate Recruitment At Reactor Beverages Limited, January 2018 / Graduate Recruitment For Executive Trainees At First Bank/globacom Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.