Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,870 members, 7,945,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Praying With Authority - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying With Authority (347 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Pastor Joy Increase Praying With Cane In A Church In America (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praying With Authority by yommyuk: 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
God has given His children the privilege of calling upon Him for all they need, and what’s more, He’s promised to respond. He has also included the right to petition Him on behalf of others. In fact, Scripture tells us that the prayers of a righteous person can accomplish much (James 5:16).

To be righteous in the Father’s sight, we must accept His offer of salvation. Before redemption, we were unrighteous people under His judgment (Eph. 2:1, 3). Through faith in Christ as our Saviour, we are made new and declared holy in His sight. Then, after we are able to approach Him as righteous people, we must align our prayers with His will—that’s the only way for our petitions to be powerful and effective (1 John 5:14-15). And the key to aligning our requests with His plan is getting to know our heavenly Father’s character and priorities.

Elijah is a good example of someone who prayed with authority. The Lord sent him into battle against the evil king Ahab and the 450 prophets of Baal. This was a spiritual conflict to prove who was the real God—Baal or the Lord of Israel. Elijah’s weapons were his knowledge of the Father’s plan and the authority he had in prayer as a prophet of God. His request—that Jehovah would make Himself known, voiced publicly before his opponents, matched the Lord’s will (Ex. 7:5; 1 Kings 18:37). And when God responded to Elijah’s prayer, the people declared, “The Lord, He is God” (1 Kings 18:39).

Are you a child of God? If so, you can pray with spiritual might by making sure your requests are in agreement with His will.

Proverbs 10:28
The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.

Joshua 1:7-16
Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for theLord your God is with you wherever you go.” And Joshua commanded the officers of the people, “Pass through the midst of the camp and command the people, ‘Prepare your provisions, for within three days you are to pass over this Jordan to go in to take possession of the land that theLord your God is giving you to possess.’

Philippians 1:20
As it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

Proverbs 24:14
Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Praying With Authority by watered(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thanks for your teachings. I know this kind of topic won't see FP but if it were osho pix and write ups they will make FP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything New In This Generation That Cannot Be Traced from The Bible. / Not Ordinary Hands / Seek Him And You Will Be Bless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.