Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,636 members, 7,951,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? (767 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 12:42am On May 18, 2009
Moderator why did you lock the thread? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 12:47am On May 18, 2009
Mr moderator open that thread as ASAP why did you lock it down?
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 12:49am On May 18, 2009
Mehn i tire o!
That doznt change the fact that mohammed is a pedophile and abraham was incestous. And the religion section has moronic moderators
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 12:53am On May 18, 2009
@Moderator, i know is because of those blasphemy u locked it, i don't want to avenge just look at tudor want to ignitie
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 1:02am On May 18, 2009
Abuzola:

@Moderator, i know is because of those blasphemy u locked it, i don't want to avenge just look at tudor want to ignitie

Must you always reason with violence? Did you not insult the Christians and the bible? delusion at its peak.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by PastorAIO: 1:07am On May 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Why are people always blasting Femi. Abeg leave femi alone.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Tudor2: 1:09am On May 18, 2009
He's an idiot! He insults the christian bible and their god but its no problem but when one shines the light on the pedophile prophet he calls it blasphemy.typical!
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bawomolo(m): 1:18am On May 18, 2009
Wetin the worry this mods o.

A thread for everyone to express their religious transformation and this crap happens?

I was just about to ask uplawal how she became a muslim from being born again.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 18, 2009
Tudör:

Mehn i tire o!
That doznt change the fact that mohammed is a pedophile and abraham was incestous. And the religion section has moronic moderators

In those days it was permitted for men to marry from within their extended family to protect the bloodline. Isaac talks about it in Gen 28:1-3

for instance Jacob married his cousins - Laban was his uncle.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 1:34am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

In those days it was permitted for men to marry from within their extended family to protect the bloodline. Isaac talks about it in Gen 28:1-3

Just as it was OK for people to kill and sacrifice unbelievers to Yahweh, Steal their properties rape their women and children and steal their lands. In those days when Men were primitive so was their Tribal and warrior god called Yahweh as Men advanced their God also advanced
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 1:36am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

Just as it was OK for people to kill and sacrifice unbelievers to Yahweh, Steal their properties rape their women and children and steal their lands. In those days when Men were primitive so was their Tribal and warrior god called Yahweh

your own opinion. God isnt responsible for your actions.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 1:46am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

your own opinion. God isnt responsible for your actions.

Not my own opinion but what is written in the bible, When the Jews were primitive so also was their god, he told them to do all those atrocities, They were under divine injunction to commit murder, rape, kill and sacrifice non believers(virgins) unto their tribal god, be sexist unto women,  kill and destroy completely other people, enslave them, take their lands, be racist to them and have nothing to do with them and, Yahweh the god of the old testament give them all those injunctions, when the Jews were primitive were living like savages so was their god, as they advanced and their morals evolved so also did the morals of their god. When they were living like savages and having incestuous relationships their god approved it but when their morals evolved and they discovered that it was bad for the tribe or race their god disapproved it.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

Not my own opinion but what is written in the bible, When the Jews were primitive so also was their god, he told them to do all those atrocities, They were under divine injunction to commit murder, rape, kill and sacrifice non believers(virgins) unto their tribal god, be sexist unto women,  kill and destroy completely other people, enslave them, take their lands, be racist to them and have nothing to do with them and, Yahweh the god of the old testament give them all those injunctions, when the Jews were primitive were living like savages so was their god, as they advanced and their morals evolved so also did the morals of their god. When they were living like savages and having incestuous relationships their god approved it but when their morals evolved and they discovered that it was bad for the tribe or race their god disapproved it.

Just repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken record. no attempt to try to engage us to help you set the record straight. What a disturbing shame.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 2:11am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

Just repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken record. no attempt to try to engage us to help you set the record straight. What a disturbing shame.

Set what record straight? If you read the bible you will see that as the morals of the people evolved so also did the morals of their god.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

Set what record straight? If you read the bible you will see that as the morals of the people evolved so also did the morals of their god.

this gets boring. do you dudes have any other prepared rants pls? I mean its basically the same recycled stuff from each of you.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 2:19am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

this gets boring. do you dudes have any other prepared rants pls? I mean its basically the same recycled stuff from each of you.

Sure why won't it get boring when you have no apologetics to spill, do you have no prepared apologetics to use in countering my argument? I mean the same recycled apologetics and spin.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 2:20am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

Sure why won't it get boring when you have no apologetics to spill, do you have no prepared apologetics to use in countering my argument? I mean the same recycled apologetics and spin.

errr exactly what do you regard as an "argument"?  undecided

you flatter yourselves too much. I notice you fools prefer to skip threads where your claims are being actively challenged in favor of threads where you can simply regurgitate your talking points without hassle.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 2:26am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

errr exactly what do you regard as an "argument"?  undecided

you flatter yourselves too much. I notice you fools prefer to skip threads where your claims are being actively challenged in favor of threads where you can simply regurgitate your talking points without hassle.

What threads are you talking about? When you run out of apologetics the best thing is to personally attack the OP right? What a shame. I did not write those passages in the bible were your "holy" and "just" god was advocating rape, murder, slavery and theft. if you don't like those passages pls tear them off from your bible.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 2:31am On May 18, 2009
toneyb:

What threads are you talking about?  When you run out of apologetics the best thing is to personally attack the OP right? What a shame. I did not write those passages in the bible were your "holy" and "just" god was advocating rape, murder, slavery and theft. if you don't like those passages pls tear them off from your bible.

[size=14pt]You[/size] set up a thread on the old and new covenant where we are at present supposed to be discussing this exact same point you are recycling here again. suddenly you've lost interested in posting there?

what a disgusting troll.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 2:44am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

[size=14pt]You[/size] set up a thread on the old and new covenant where we are at present supposed to be discussing this exact same point you are recycling here again. suddenly you've lost interested in posting there?

what a disgusting troll.

I didn't see you refute any of my arguments all you did was give sorry excuses as answers. Why are you so bitter, is it because your Yahweh is no better than the Allah you love to hate? deluded goon.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 5:21am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

the duplicity of these militant Christians has no limits. grin this from the same people started an old thread knocking Muslims on cousin marriage. grin

exactly where in the bible have all these things been officially/ explicitly revoked, if i may ask? or is it as usual by personal inference and interpretation?
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 6:36am On May 18, 2009
davidylan:

Not quite sure that you get the issue here.  You didn't actually discuss the relativity the guy was implying.  If it used to be very OK to have incestuous relationships since the god of Abraham approved of it, and then it later became a punishable offence that deserves stoning to death. if that is the case then morality is relative to your place and time, something Christians always claim is not true.  If the morality of incest is determined just on what God says, then morality is arbitrary.  Correct?

"God has always resembled his creators. He hated and loved what they hated and loved and he was invariably found on the side of those in power."  (Robert Ingersoll)

oyb:

the duplicity of these militant Christians has no limits. grin this from the same people started an old thread knocking Muslims on cousin marriage.  grin

Hmmmm  grin grin davidyalan keeps making a fool of himself all the time, he keeps throwing things around looking for what ever might stick. Here he is trying to justify the incestuous acts of his father Abraham by saying that in those days it was OK to have incestuous sexual relationship  only to run to the Islamic thread and accuse Moslems of the same act his father Abraham engaged in. The problem is that he gets angry when we call him a deluded and ridiculous fool.

exactly where in the bible have all these things been officially/ explicitly revoked, if i may ask? or is it as usual by personal inference and interpretation?

Every passage in the bible is opened to self interested interpretation by men, so what do you expect?
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2009
Yet another thing I learned is that it would be stupid for a christian to question the "word of God" if he/she believes that the bible is the undiluted word of God.
So dear people you can point out how absurd or how out of place a particular portion is, since God did it or ordered it, then it has just got to be right. I mean how else can someone be a christian cheesy
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by toneyb: 9:22am On May 18, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Yet another thing I learned is that it would be stupid for a christian to question the "word of God" if he/she believes that the bible is the undiluted word of God.
So dear people you can point out how absurd or how out of place a particular portion is, since God did it or ordered it, then it has just got to be right. I mean how else can someone be a christian cheesy

This is so true. No wonder davidylan is on the other thread Justifying unbelief and worship of other gods as a "reason" for unbelivers to be slaughtered. He forgot to add that his tribal and warroir god never bothred to reveal himself to the unbelivers and tell them how to worship him, he only gave injunctions that his chosen men should have nothing to do with them except kill, rape and enslave them. He then turns a blind eye and see the evils "atrocities" of Allah the god he loves to hate. What a confused lunatic.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by duduspace(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2009
I do question the characters of the forum moderators as their decisions sometimes border on the incredulous, why should anyone close that thread?

@Bindex
so nice to see yu back and contributing again, relocated yet?
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by Abuzola(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2009
You should be ashamed of yourself for spesking out loud, Joseph married Mary at the age of 9o while she was 12-14
Tudör:

Mehn i tire o!

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bindex(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2009
duduspace:

I do question the characters of the forum moderators as their decisions sometimes border on the incredulous, why should anyone close that thread?

@Bindex
so nice to see yu back and contributing again, relocated yet?

Hey Duduspace, How you dey? Yeah I left Naija since febuary, I am now in a flying school here in Belgium. Had to leave the Nysc(made some arrangements. you know how we do it in Niaja grin) when the oppurtunity for the flying school came my way. Nice to hear from you after a long while. Hope you are doing good out there?
Re: Re:has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? by bawomolo(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2009
lol you got to love the christian-muslim dichotomy. Two similar religions but yet so belligerent.

modenazi's need to unlock the damn thread o

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is Everything - Paul Washer / The Most Powerful Name On Earth / Would U Worship God If There Was No Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.