Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,586 members, 7,965,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:50 AM

7 Interesting Facts About Cr7 (cristiano Ronaldo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Interesting Facts About Cr7 (cristiano Ronaldo) (959 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Earns N126million Per Instagram Post, See What Others Earn / #bbnaija Bisola - 7 Interesting Facts About The High-spirited Lady / 7 Interesting Facts About 2face Idibia As He Turns 40 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Interesting Facts About Cr7 (cristiano Ronaldo) by holarns: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2015

Here is the seven (7) interesting fact you don’t know about the three times world best footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo… Without a doubt, he is the one of the best players in the world today especially with his recent pattern of breaking records….

AsapGist bring you a few facts many people may not know about about the Real Madrid soccer star:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo never wanted the number 7 shirt.

Ronaldo who was offered the number 7 shirt after joining Manchester United back in 2002-03,became too worried about the pressure that the shirt that was worn by club legends like Johnny Berry, George Best, Steve Coppell, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham came along with.

“After I joined, the manager asked me what number I’d like,” he told The Sun. “I said 28. But Ferguson said ‘No, you’re going to have No. 7,’ and the famous shirt was an extra source of motivation. I was forced to live up to such an honour.”

He was later given the same number at Real Madrid when long-serving club captain Raul Gonzales left the club for Schalke.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo was arrested with rape charges.

A month after his father’s death, Cristiano Ronaldo was taken into custody after being accused of raping a woman at a London hotel. But, he was soon granted bail by the Scotland Yard due to lack of evidence to pursue a case against him. The charges were subsequently dropped a month later.
“I was notified that the police investigation has been closed and no action will be taken against me in relation to the allegations made previously,” Ronaldo later spoke over the incident. “I have always strongly maintained my innocence of any wrong-doing and I am glad that this matter is at an end so that I can concentrate on playing for Manchester United.”

see more:http://www.asapgist.com/7-interesting-facts-about-cr7-cristiano-ronaldo/

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Launches Marijuna Line. / MBGN 2015 Unaoku Anyadike Open Up On Being Queen - It Is Stressful But Fun / Na Wa O! S*x Things!!! Student Runs Girls Went To Night Club But Ended Up In....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.