Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:40 PM

Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? (775 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / Two-party Or Multi-party System, Which Way Forward Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by Orikinla(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2009
Is the People's Democratic Party (PDP) a political party or a political cult?

If you ask the founders like Chief Alex Ekwueme, a former vice president of Nigeria (1979–83), and Jerry Gana, they would not be surprised that I asked the above question.

Occultism is common practice among the leading politicians in this party, I also regard as the most corrupt political party in Africa.

Ask their elected public office holders how they got elected.
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by desgiezd(m): 3:49pm On May 18, 2009
A political party should honestly seek people's votes during elections.

A political party would normally play by the rules during elections.

A political party would respect the desires of the people as expressed via voting and would never impose itself on the people.

A political party, after gaining power through honest elections, would use the power to better the lives of the people.

A political party would improve the quality of life and image of the area where it is in power.

A political party would be very careful of its image and the way the people see it.

A political party would probably not allow rogues in its midst and where some exist, they are relegated to positions of irrelevance.

Unfortunately, PDP is at best the opposite of all I have mentioned above, therefore it can not be considered a political party but a fussion or assembly of power hungry individuals/thieves/rogues who are largely above the law and would rather do anything legal or illegal to grab power and use such power strictly to their own advantage.

A party detested so much by Nigerians but paradoxically, keeps winning elections!!
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by yicob(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2009
There could be cultists in the political party. We are all magas in this country and they will continue to fool us until we cease to be idiots.
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by kosovo(m): 7:42am On May 19, 2009
political cult is even an understatement.
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by Nobody: 7:59am On May 19, 2009
Sentiments apart, there's little or no difference between PDP and other nigerian political parties except that the former have much more power and money to rig. Other parties would do the same if given a chance.
However, PDP, APGA or AC are all reflections of nigerians and the nigerian way of doing things.
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by tymoti(m): 5:08pm On May 19, 2009
PLEASE READ MY ARTICLE: PDP, YOU ARE FIRED!!

AS a party or a cult, I dislike anything PDP
Re: Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? by MrCrackles(m): 10:20am On May 20, 2009
Party or cult, all i know is that everyone of them is a top nuisance!

(1) (Reply)

Connection / Who Is Winning Mend Or Fg Of Nigeria? / Classified Letter! Saudi King Writes Yar’adua’s Nigeria At 49

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.