Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,941 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:39 AM

Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites (708 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Re-branding The Igbo Nation / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by walata44(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2009
Re-branding: Ministry inaugurates websites

By Agency reporter

As part of the Re-branding Nigeria Project, the Federal Ministry of Information and Communications recently launched a new website www.fmic.gov.ng, which will avail Nigerians and foreigners timely and important information about the people and government of Nigeria.

This website will help the Federal Government of Nigeria to have an interactive polling system that will engage Nigerians through a seamless feedback mechanism on government policies and programmes a statement by the ministry's Director, Information Technology, Mrs. Ibukun Odusote on Sunday said.

"The Federal Government's official website (www.nigeria.gov.ng) is dysfunctional and inaccessible for now because of disagreement with the Internet Service Provider, which is taking too long to resolve. This unfortunate situation compelled the ministry to launch a new website which became up and running for the past three weeks," the statement said.

"In addition to FMIC website, another website (www.nigeriarebrands.com) was launched few weeks ago for the Re-branding Nigeria Project, which will contain all materials relating to the project.

The two websites are up and running as they are regularly updated.

While efforts are ongoing to resolve all issues affecting the national portal (www.nigeria.gove.ng), Nigerians and foreigners alike who desire information on Nigeria, the Ministry and the re-branding project should visit www.fmic.gov.ng or www.nigeriarebrands.com

The Honourable Minister of Information and Communications, Professor Dora Akunyili regrets the inconvenience the dysfunctional national portal must have caused the public.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On May 18, 2009
Ugh!!!  angry  @Poster, do you mind posting your source please?
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by mustafar1: 9:09pm On May 18, 2009
let the showbiz begin.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by walata44(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2009
@Poster, do you mind posting your source please?

Punch Newspaper

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/may/18/409.html
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On May 19, 2009
Now they have moved the stupidity to the web. What has ISP to do with hosting using specific domain names now.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by asha80(m): 3:16pm On May 19, 2009
Rebranding website cheesy .Chai nigeria grin
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by toshacer: 4:55pm On May 19, 2009
very great effort - Wehn Idiagbon called for War Against Indiscipline WAI - many laughed at him, I wish he is alive to wip the sence into all these people making noise online. well done Minister.

This is a great website - thumbs up Minister.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by walata44(m): 12:53pm On May 20, 2009
Rebranding website .Chai nigeria

The woman even put her picture on the website as if its her own. Until when we move above personality, Nigeria will stagnate in development. its just like visiting BBC website and the picture of the directors are plastered over it.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by proudly9ja(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2009
walata44:

The woman even put her picture on the website as if its her own. Until when we move above personality, Nigeria will stagnate in development. its just like visiting BBC website and the picture of the directors are plastered over it.

BBC?? Ministry of Information and Communication?? Sorry but I dont see the correlation. Maybe BBC and NTA, yes but if you see the minister's face on the fmic website or the rebranding website I don't think there's anything wrong in it however, a BETTER option would have been to have a 'face of Nigeria' on the site. This could be anyone, Miss Nigeria, Kanu, etc or a compeition could be held and a 'face chosen'.

Another thing is I think the Nigeriarepbrands website is of a poorer quality than the fmic website. Infact tbh, when I first visited the fmic website, I thought that was the nigeriarebrands website. The current nigeriarebrands website should please be upgraded.

Good idea, but execution can be better.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by walata44(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2009
BBC?? Ministry of Information and Communication?? Sorry but I dont see the correlation

The point I am making is that, this website is for Nigeria not Akunliyi. Logo of ministry of information would have being ideal.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Akpangbon: 1:23pm On May 20, 2009
walata44:

The point I am making is that, this website is for Nigeria not Akunliyi. Logo of ministry of information would have being ideal.

Argue just for arguments sake. what does this mean?
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On May 20, 2009
Re branding my black behind, wait till they update the yeye sites.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by foye57(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2009
I'm not tryn to be cynical but the only thing that comes to my mind is the amount of tax payers money that wud be siphoned and embezzled in the name of re-branding, website design. even the website looks wacky n dry. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by AjaraEwuro: 1:52pm On May 20, 2009
The website is ok, come on, what is it that you people have to criticise everything done in here?
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On May 20, 2009
foye57:

I'm not tryn to be cynical but the only thing that comes to my mind is the amount of tax payers money that wud be siphoned and embezzled in the name of re-branding, website design. even the website looks wacky n dry. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I really wonder too, cos they are rebranding and yet no job for the youths
Re-branding and the banks still not giving loan to people to do buz without collaterals.
Re-branding and still no good roads.
re-branding and the state of Nigerian education is falling faster than the force of gravity
and now they are spending some money to promote the insane idea.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On May 20, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

The website is ok, come on, what is it that you people have to criticise everything done in here?

Now one said the website is not OK, but i will visit there in another 6 months, and see how many links would be broken
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by AjaraEwuro: 2:03pm On May 20, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Now one said the website is not OK, but i will visit there in another 6 months, and see how many links would be broken

Good for you then, why not find something better to do in six months time.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by walata44(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2009

To buttress your point, I visited ACTION CONGRESS website just to look at their manifesto es, but I was surprise to see that this website is not even updated to include Adams Oshiomole as AC governor after how many months? Do this people forget that this website is their window to all Nigerian?
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by AjaraEwuro: 2:12pm On May 20, 2009
walata44:

To butress your point, I visited ACTION CONGRESS website just to look at their manifestoes, but I was surprise to see that this website is not even updated to include Adams Oshiomole as AC governor after how many months? Do this people forget that this website is thier window to all Nigerian?

Well done.
Re: Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites by foye57(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Criticize?no we are just tryn to be realistic. In Naija, u dont live on "would be's", u live on "what is". i STILL BELIEVE IN NAIJA THOUGH.

Fhemmmy:

AjaraEwuro:

Good for you then, why not find something better to do in six months time.

lets all see what happens in 6 months. will this operation Re brand Naija sustain the test of time? Ewuro, i lik ur optimism though. i used to be lik that but now i live on what i see not what can happen.

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Your Best Nairalander Member.post His Name. / We Were Offered Bribes To Rig Elections - Iwu / Tears In My Eyes - The True Story Of The Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.