Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,495 members, 7,932,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:08 AM

Protecting Your Work - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Protecting Your Work (658 Views)

Tips For Protecting Your Phone From Theft In Crowded Areas / Let Us Do Your Work Freely For You And Get Free Stuffs / 5 Top Freelancing Sites To Outsource Your Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protecting Your Work by cmon(m): 11:28pm On May 19, 2009
Hi y'all,

I was just thinking of developing a web-based application for a client, now there's a great challenge. This app is supposed to run on the LAN of the company and of course this means we'll be setting up a web server locally.

The issue is this; My client happens to have good knowledge about computing and so I want to protect my work from being copied to another system (maybe his friend's own) cos if this happens, I obviously won't be able to resell the app.

Have you come across this challenge too and how did you get over it. Please share.
Re: Protecting Your Work by segsalerty(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2009
i can help ya ,
holla me segsalerty on my yahoo , i have a good idea if you want !
Re: Protecting Your Work by TechPros(m): 9:24pm On May 20, 2009
hummm
Re: Protecting Your Work by cmon(m): 2:25am On May 21, 2009
I don google tire. All I get is a software that can help protect files but can still be bypassed. I really want something rock-solid, that of course doesn't disable USB Flash etc. Something that goes undetected, at least to the clients eyes.
Re: Protecting Your Work by webemerald(m): 4:05am On May 21, 2009
hi cmon, i have a task exactly like that on hand, id like to ask you a few questions privately on installing a full webapp on a lan , cld u send ur email addy to me ( samueltakardi@yahoo.com)
Re: Protecting Your Work by segsalerty(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2009
funny,
you ignored my idea , right?
i only had a lil trick to help you out ,
not software , it just kinda phsycatric , tats all,
cheesy
Keep hunting if you think i cant help out
Re: Protecting Your Work by Nobody: 10:52am On May 28, 2009
I am sure webemerald can handle it, i can too, but i am rather reluctanct. . .my technique is rather tough a bit, and it relies on c++ - so
some software i made is involved. You cannot easily get this sort of task done easily in the realm of php/mysql just like dat!

Ehm segsalerty, maybe the guy is not convinced. . .and i forgot, i am still not yet available. . .

Hi Emerald, been a while since i have seen any of your posts. . .
Re: Protecting Your Work by segsalerty(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2009
@DHTML
you forgot you trained me ? huh ? right ?
i figured an idea for him when he contacted me , its just a use of Nos 6 wink
i guess i was able to help thou there are other ways as well
Re: Protecting Your Work by bug24(m): 12:07am On May 29, 2009
Gurus in the house, guyz, be explicit enof, peepz like uz are willing to learn from ur posts
Re: Protecting Your Work by pholusho(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2009
i guess u want 2 show them ur developed web app without them stealing it from u. i think u should install a demo for them, show them how they can access d pages locally and u only show them ur site(d web app) on ur system explaining 2 them it's just a similar process 2 d demo u just install on their system. and u only doin that for security reasons. i hope it helps
Re: Protecting Your Work by cmon(m): 1:26am On May 30, 2009
i guess u want 2 show them ur developed web app without them stealing it from u.
Nope! I want to install the app for them, but I don't want the situation where they copy it and install (or paste) for a friend.
i think u should install a demo for them,
How would you create a demo for a web based app? Just wondering

Segalerty just gave me a clue to how I can tackle the issue.

Thanks for you contribution tho
Re: Protecting Your Work by Nobody: 9:58am On May 30, 2009
This is rather tricky, i have both clients and rival programmers (who constantly try to steal my work) on this same webmasters board,
so i find it difficult to just post one of my methods gbam on this board like that. . .
And i assume dat is the reason why many other people too are keeping quiet, 'cos i can bet that there are many people who have read
this thread, and wants to contribute and still did not. . .
@poster, i think the best thing is to do one on one chat with the gurus of this board, i need not mention them to you. . .maybe you
may get something useful, and dont forget to ask segsalert too. . .

From here, i will just be watching and will most likely not post anything on this thread again unless when necessary. . .

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Domain Name Cash Magnet / Core It Skills Needed By A Computer Teacher / Needed For Empployment. Php Web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.