Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? (5556 Views)

Police Operational Apparatus In The South Western Nigeria / Why Are South East States Receiving The Lowest Allocation / 24hours After Voting, Why Are South East/ South South Not Releasing Results? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by Omonla(f): 12:05am On May 21, 2009
Maybe if the title of the thread was "Are Nigerian Universities Populated by Fake Academics", the OP wouldn't be attacked as being tribalist? Personally, I don't care which tribe is being attacked by who, but  it gets old, this Nairaland quarrels for 'Tribal Superiority.'  grin

At the end of the day, do these quarrels put bread on anyone's tables here? Are you able to boast to a fellow American, Canadian, British person on the subway that "I had a tribal quarel with (insert tribe here) today, and God bless me, I won!!!"  (?)

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Hausas don't get tribal attacks on Nairaland often, unlike every other tribe? Could it be because they don't care what the 'others' think of them, therefore no one tries to thrash tribal propaganda towards them?

Could it be that Hausa's are not 'important' so no one insults their tribe often except for the usual "Hausas are not educated" threads? If that argument holds (Hausas not educated), one would wonder why Hausas have ruled the country for a large portion of Nigeria's life? Maybe they are more concerned about better things than empty insults towards their fellow Hausamen?

Or maybe Hausas are not educated enough to wage a counter argument when they are attacked on an anonymous message board? (Doubtful - There must be a measure of intelligence if they can ignore deragotory comments towards them, while a minority of them work their way into ruling the country while everyone else is quarelling).

That is the measure of a 'smart' tribe.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by ikeyman00(m): 12:10am On May 21, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe if the title of the thread was "Are Nigerian Universities Populated by Fake Academics", the OP wouldn't be attacked as being tribalist? Personally, I don't care which tribe is being attacked by who, but it gets old, this Nairaland quarrels for 'Tribal Superiority.'

At the end of the day, do these quarrels put bread on anyone's tables here? Are you able to boast to a fellow American, Canadian, British person on the subway that "I had a tribal quarel with (insert tribe here) today, and God bless me, I won!!!" (?)

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Hausas don't get tribal attacks on Nairaland often, unlike every other tribe? Could it be because they don't care what the 'others' think of them, therefore no one tries to thrash tribal propaganda towards them?

Could it be that Hausa's are not 'important' so no one insults their tribe often except for the usual "Hausas are not educated" threads? If that argument holds (Hausas not educated), one would wonder why Hausas have ruled the country for a large portion of Nigeria's life? Maybe they are more concerned about better things than empty insults towards their fellow Hausamen?

Or maybe Hausas are not educated enough to wage a counter argument when they are attacked on an anonymous message board? (Doubtful - There must be a measure of intelligence if they can ignore deragotory comments towards them, while a minority of them work their way into ruling the country while everyone else is quarelling).

i d nt buy into that, the yorubas love to brag on how they are the most educated, but hey there u go sista

back them, the hausa have made us believe that the north is all about hausas, but hey there u go

the nigerian people cant be continued to toy with im afraid

so yea
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by sosisi(f): 12:21am On May 21, 2009
All the Nigerian universities ought to follow in the footsteps of thesev 2.
I commend them for flushing out the fakes in their midst.
They should be emulated.
I'll love to read about the same thing at UNN and FUTO
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On May 21, 2009
Osisi,

Sensible post.

You would be deceiving yourself thinking there arent fake profs in the South East and other parts

When I was serving in Bauchi State. 3 colleagues Corpers too from UNIPORT-Geography, FUTO-Mechanical Engineering and NAU Microbiology. Wrote SSCE with the students they have been lecturing.

They graduated from Universities without SSCE so they enrolled in the school believing their fellow corpers would help them.

Lots of undergrads did not even pass SSCE

Its a problem allover Nigeria and I think Kudos should be given to the schools who could tackle the problem instead of spitting rubbish here.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by AloyEmeka9: 3:39am On May 21, 2009
When I was serving in Bauchi State. 3 colleagues Corpers too from UNIPORT-Geography, FUTO-Mechanical Engineering and NAU Microbiology. Wrote SSCE with the students they have been lecturing.
If they were able to avert the exam until they graduated from the university, why are they worrying themselves about it again?. No employer of graduate school requires S.S.C.E. You only need SSCe to enter and graduate from the university and if the university graduate you without it, you are off the hook.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by biina: 3:45am On May 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

If they were able to avert the exam until they graduated from the university, why are they worrying themselves about it again?. No employer of graduate school requires S.S.C.E. You only need SSCe to enter and graduate from the university and if the university graduate you without it, you are off the hook.

If it was discovered, it is enough grounds to withdraw the bachelors degree.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by AloyEmeka9: 3:50am On May 21, 2009
If it was discovered, it is enough grounds to withdraw the bachelors degree.
1. Even if they pass it later, the school will still withdraw their bachelors degree if discovered. FUTO I know for sure verifies your SSCE results during your stay in the school and if they discover anything, you are off the boat. They don't normally do it until two years after your matriculation and few in our set left that way. So I don't know how this guy beat his own.

2. As soon as they finish computing your result and give you the go ahead for NYSC, every other crime hidden in your file is history. How will they discover it when you've gone?. The chances are close to zero.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by biina: 4:06am On May 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

1. Even if they pass it later, the school will still withdraw their bachelors degree if discovered. FUTO I know for sure verifies your SSCE results during your stay in the school and if they discover anything, you are off the boat. They don't normally do it until two years after your matriculation and few in our set left that way. So I don't know how this guy beat his own.

2. As soon as they finish computing your result and give you the go ahead for NYSC, every other crime hidden in your file is history. How will they discover it when you've gone?. The chances are close to zero.
Because some one who has an axe to grind can bring it to the school's attention.
I know of a case at one of the first generation federal universities - the BS was withdrawn, the MS and PhD were withdrawn by the associated  foreign university, and the individual lost his job.
The event was triggered by a letter from his classmate (and possibly close friend, given the level of information he provided) to the school senate almost 15yrs after the incidence.
I agree that passing the SSCE after the fact does not safeguard them against prosecution. The degree belongs to the university.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by AloyEmeka9: 7:21am On May 21, 2009
Because some one who has an axe to grind can bring it to the school's attention.
I know of a case at one of the first generation federal universities - the BS was withdrawn, the MS and PhD were withdrawn by the associated foreign university, and the individual lost his job.
It's only fool that will be talking anyhow if he has such a skeleton in his cupboard.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by AloyEmeka9: 7:27am On May 21, 2009

How many hausas are here?. You have to attack someone you know that is around to read what you wrote.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by Ijawman(m): 10:17am On May 21, 2009
http://www.tribune.com.ng/21052009/news/news16.html

Forgers of NCE, primary school certificates nabbed in Zamfara-Yorubas involved in forgery in the north

Muhammad Sabiu, Gusau - 21.05.2009

The Zamfara State police command has arrested 18 suspects in connection with the sales of fake primary school certificates and the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in Zamfara.

Parading the suspects at the premises of the police command, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Lawal Abdulahi, said a headmaster in one of the primary schools in the state was arrested along with 17 others, including the prime suspect, Bello Hussaini Mada, who was alleged to be the brain behind the nefarious activities.

According to the PPRO, the suspect indicted Sunday Ajayi and Abiodun Ajayi, both in Kaduna State, to be the manufacturer of the fake certificates which they confessed to have sold to more than 20 persons

The police disclosed that the calligrapher of the illegal certificates, Richi Amisa, was arrested and had confessed to be involved in the illegal business Primary school leaving certificate is sold for N6, 000, and NCE certificate N30, 000.

According to the police image maker, the police have recovered eight copies of the NCE certificates and 100 primary school certificates and testimonials from the suspects.

back
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by sleekp1: 10:34am On May 21, 2009
What a stupid generalization.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by Backslider(m): 10:44am On May 21, 2009
@all on this thread

much as I like  the crust of the matter which is fraud BY NIGERIANS in education i see it as a way of highlighting a tribe by Ijawman in a badlight.

The follishness of our major tribe comes to test here.

have you noticed what happens? when Smaller ethnic groups attack IBO, YORUBA and HAUSA the other tribes are silent or even make jokes. It is looking like because we in the Majority tribes cannot be civil in discussions that is why we have been ruled by the minority tribes for a very long time.

The mind play of small and weak that our minority tribes play on the Majority must stop now. I just pray that an IBO president Emerges. I wont be surprised if they the minority are not used to deal with the IBO leader.

THEY CAME FOR THE HAUSA MAN AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING,
THEY CAME FOR THE YORUBA MAN AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING
THEY CAME FOR THE IBO MAN AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING
NOW THEY ARE COMING FOR THE IJAW TIV KANURI NUPE WHAT WILL ANYONE ONE DO?

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by Jarus(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2009
If anything, the development should even be a case for the sincerity of the university. Thoroughly investigating and sacking lecturers to save the school's name and ensure only competent lecturers teach students. Many unis are note even organized enough to carry out such cleansing, and inept lecturers abound there.

Good move, my Great Ife. Let's continue to cleanse our school while they cover their own.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by tpiah: 2:51pm On May 21, 2009
Omonla:

Maybe if the title of the thread was "Are Nigerian Universities Populated by Fake Academics", the OP wouldn't be attacked as being tribalist? Personally, I don't care which tribe is being attacked by who, but  it gets old, this Nairaland quarrels for 'Tribal Superiority.'  grin

At the end of the day, do these quarrels put bread on anyone's tables here? Are you able to boast to a fellow American, Canadian, British person on the subway that "I had a tribal quarel with (insert tribe here) today, and God bless me, I won!!!"  (?)

Many[b] bloody[/b] battles have been fought over Hausas and other tribes, here.

If you do an in depth NL search, you will weep for being Nigerian.

Right now is Yoruba bashing time. After a while, the pendulum will swing to another tribe.

No name and insult people wont throw at each other in the belief they're superior to everything in the cosmos!

Racism is a disease!
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by biina: 5:17pm On May 21, 2009
tpiah:

Many bloody battles have been fought over Hausas and other tribes, here.

Right now is Yoruba bashing time. After a while, the pendulum will swing to another tribe.

No name and insult people wont throw at each other in the belief they're superior to everything in the cosmos!

Racism is a disease!

Incorrect - Racism is an infectious and terminal disease.
Racists should be quarantined as early as possible, before they infect others.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by ikeyman00(m): 5:26pm On May 21, 2009

Racism is a disease!

for where, which kind pendulum; nl are used used to bashin the igbo

but i think things changes when the truth has hittin nl

so there u go

and plz stop jackin my stly u monkie?

embeded haterz in hide
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by AloyEmeka9: 5:35pm On May 21, 2009

Racism is a disease!
Take the speck out from your own eyes first. Whom are you fooling with this gospel?. Did you repent from tribalism yesterday night?.It's not racism because hausa,igbo  and Yoruba are the same race b/c they have the same physical characteristics.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by tpiah: 5:42pm On May 21, 2009
see how these two orangutans jack in the boxes- monkeyman and emekraze- always pop up anytime their name (racism) is mentioned?

The wicked run even when no one is pursuing them!

I don talk am!
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by SubMacGun(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2009
This thread should be locked by the moderator -  it is very demoralising to Nigeria as whole esp to the Yoruba tribe

Why do we have to be tribal

Thanks

Proud to be Yoruba
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by ikeyman00(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2009
^^^^

shoot him lol
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by SubMacGun(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2009
@ikey

Why do u want shoot me - is it because i am yoruba
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by tpiah: 6:59pm On May 21, 2009
SubMacGun:

@ikey

Why do u want shoot me - is it because i am yoruba

why else.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by ikeyman00(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2009
submacgun ^^

look at ur username

sub-mac-gun, what do u want me to say, by the way what do u need gun for

shootin the lectures abi lol

relax dnt mean that way
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by ikeyman00(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2009
wetin this old woman want self

na woo, who dash monkie banana
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by texazzpete(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2009
It sickens me to see people who should know better spew this tribalist bullshit. I refuse to believe anyone of this generation with a tertiary education can be so bigoted, so i will continue to treat all you tribalistic retards like the illiterates you surely are.

For what it's worth, it's clear that the original poster is too daft to see that this actually paints a good picture of the schools in question. At least they have now shown that they are willing to crack down on corruption and ineptitude in the system.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by blacksta(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2009
This Ijawman has serious fundamental issues - he or she must have been molested by a Yoruba man. Unfortunately the rest of yoruba clan is unable to heal your hurt. You will have to turn to Jesus,
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by SegzyJoe(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2009
@poster
If to you use your hypocritical coinage "Yoruba Universities" I think the management of "Yoruba Universities" should be commended for their foresight and courage to purge the system of bad eggs. Am sure those bad eggs are not restricted to "Yoruba Universities"

@Ijawman
I read somewhere in the thread that you schooled abroad, and it amazed me the University or the college that produced such a monumental and intellectual fraud like you- your reasoning capacity attest to it.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by MissM: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
How can I find out if a doctor with a medical degree from Ibadad University actually graduated from there? undecided
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
MissM:

How can I find out if a doctor with a medical degree from Ibadad University actually graduated from there? undecided
when many of tem cannot even speak good english.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by MissM: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2009
Listen, I'm not interested in racial slurs. I just want to know what Nigerian government organization can confirm if a person graduated legally from
Ibadad University.
Re: Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? by namun(f): 3:49am On Sep 07, 2009
university of ibadan came first in the ZAIN AFRICAN CHALLENGE AND UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS CAME THIRD.
NO OTHER UNIVERSITY WAS ABLE TO REMAIN ON THE CHALLENGE

@POSTER
GET LOST
OTHER THOUGHTLESS COMMENTS- YOU ARE SO MYOPIC. GET A LIFE!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri / Patience Jonathan Releases Another Bomb | DOWNLOAD AUDIO / How To Set Up A Water Factory With State Of The Art Facilities - 08143352493

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.