Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,831 members, 7,902,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. (4764 Views)

Babangida, Danjuma Among 20 Nigerian Employees Richer Than Nigeria In 1999-SERAP / Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Remita Is An Acronym For (remi Tinubu And Ahmed) Collected N60 Billion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by stevecantrell: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
Promhize:
1% of government transactions is outrageous, especially considering the meager work the REMITA does.

Which work ?

The whole thing is fully automated, they only have humans monitoring the system.

Its the easiest cash minting machine in the world.

1 Like

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Last week, following the decision of the Senate to probe allegation that Remita had been paid [size=14pt]N25 billion[/size], being the 1 per cent commission it charged for the transfer of N2.5 trillion of federal government funds to the TSA.

Vanguard.

God, which state makes this kind of money?
This is for just one way transfer.

Now add up return transfers and zig zag transfers sad

1 Like

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
obailala:
Who is this dafto?... Tell me where in the world you will engage bankers or fund handlers and not pay for their services?.... Even the banks have been quietly ripping the government off for decades with rates much higher than what has just been spent yet this dumbo in a desperate bid to equate everyone to his lowly self is accusing the president of dashing money.

Walahi, education in Nigeria is a waste of resources when you consider the products like this poster.

Swerve!
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by biafranqueen: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
vault:
he is fighting corruption..... and now perpetrating corruption, isn't that change too grin

well I still believe you are being too quick to judge the man......we had a six-year perfect emptiness in government, what will few months of expectation do to us.

https://www.nairaland.com/2088456/president-goodlucks-administration-2011-2015-positive
https://www.nairaland.com/2090601/positive-changes-report-president-goodlucks

I will assume you are just uninformed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by biafranqueen: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Obiagu1:
Last week, following the decision of the Senate to probe allegation that Remita had been paid [size=14pt]N25 billion[/size], being the 1 per cent commission it charged for the transfer of N2.5 trillion of federal government funds to the TSA.

Vanguard.

Good, which state makes this kind of money.
This is for just one way transfer.

Now add up return transfers and zig zag transfers sad

Lie Lie Mohamad said nothing like 2.5 trillion is in account yesterday did you read that?
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Xpaz: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tanx to Fayose .
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
biafranqueen:

Lie Lie Mohamad said nothing like 2.5 trillion is in account yesterday did you read that?

No I didn't but since he is the Grand Mufti of Liars, I'd go with Vanguard.

2 Likes

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by successiam(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
buhari is a thief, just like his formal master abacha
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by ikechu1278: 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
drss:
Buari n APC are scammers. Quote me any where.

It so clear
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
obailala:
Who is this dafto?... Tell me where in the world you will engage bankers or fund handlers and not pay for their services?.... Even the banks have been quietly ripping the government off for decades with rates much higher than what has just been spent yet this dumbo in a desperate bid to equate everyone to his lowly self is accusing the president of dashing money.

Walahi, education in Nigeria is a waste of resources when you consider the products like this poster.

I wasn't going to dignify you with a reply cause your ability to comprehend simple statements has to be the worst I have seen in my life.

Who said they shouldn't pay banks for transfers.

So 1%, .5%, on trillions of Naira is justifiable? Do you know how many trillions will be transferred back and forth every month? How can you be this stup¡d?

You've never handled a business in your life, so endeavour not to go late to work tomorrow cos your life depends on it.

Atole

1 Like

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by adconline(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Obiagu1:

I hate people that try to be too clever by half as if others are stupid.

Check the boldfaced and tell me the percentage part you skip.
What does this sign % mean to u?? Global Payment solution provide charge by %... If u don't like it, blame FG, CBN and Govs for allowing Remita to get paid by %.. Mind you this is a federation account that belongs to FG, State and LGA..
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
adconline:

What does this sign % mean to u?? Global Payment solution provide charge by %... If u don't like it, blame FG, CBN and Govs for allowing Remita to get paid by %.. Mind you this is a federation account that belongs to FG, State and LGA..

What percentage?
Which payment system charges per centage?

1 Like

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by adconline(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
Promhize:

I wasn't going to dignify you with a reply cause your ability to comprehend simple statements has to be the worst I have seen in my life.

Who said they shouldn't pay banks for transfers.

So 1%, .5%, on trillions of Naira is justifiable? Do you know how many trillions will be transferred back and forth every month? How can you be this stup¡d?

You've never handled a business in your life, so endeavour not to go late to work tomorrow cos your life depends on it.

Atole
You can't have it both ways.. It's either u go for a flat lump sum or %.... Contract lawyers aren't going to let u have it both ways.. It's like saying that banks shouldn't charge u in % when u take a loan.
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by adconline(m): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
Obiagu1:

What percentage?
Which payment system charges per centage?
I provided first data and co.. Onus is on u to provide contrary facts..U don't win argument by saying I don't believe or that's not true...
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
adconline fees=40134237:

You can't have it both ways.. It's either u go for a flat lump sum or %.... Contract lawyers aren't going to let u have it both ways.. It's like saying that banks shouldn't charge u in % when u take a loan.

I am not opposing % in its entirety. It shouldn't be as straightforward as just 1% on all transfers. That is very suspicious. There has to be a lot of clauses, like the higher the amount the lower the percentage.

I have once used voguepay to accept payment online, they charge 2.5% for naira card transactions, withdrawal is just 1%!! This is a service used mostly by small to medium merchants, where payments would mostly be in the tens and hundreds of thousands. Now what percentage do you think would be right for voguepay to charge on trillions of naira?

1%? No right thinking businessman would agree to that. It is a blatant rip off.

Percentage charges is the norm now so as to accommodate as much customer/merchant as possible. PayPal, Escrow, square and Co.
I haven't heard of REMITA until now, so they most likely deal with the big guys, and aren't trying to accommodate a wide range of unknown customers. So I think a well laid out flat rate plan is not out of reach here, except that people in government are braindead.

No lump flat rate can be as terrible as this current 1%.

1 Like

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by mikolo80: 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
Obiagu1:
With 1% of all government money transfers, no state in Nigeria could rival Remita.

Talk of broad daylight robbery.

Buhari, the corruption fighter, now perpetrating the worst corruption in Nigerian history.
remittance is the keyword
na where you work na im you go chop
what have the states remitted
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by mikolo80: 11:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Promhize:

I am not opposing % in its entirety. It shouldn't be as straightforward as just 1% on all transfers. That is very suspicious. There has to be a lot of clauses, like the higher the amount the lower the percentage.

I have once used voguepay to accept payment online, they charge 2.5% for naira card transactions, withdrawal is just 1%!! This is a service used mostly by small to medium merchants, where payments would mostly be in the tens and hundreds of thousands. Now what percentage do you think would be right for voguepay to charge on trillions of naira?

Percentage charges is the norm now so as to accommodate as much customer/merchant as possible. PayPal, Escrow, square and Co.
I haven't heard of REMITA until now, so they most likely deal with the big guys, and aren't trying to accommodate a wide range of unknown customers. So I think a well laid out flat rate plan is not out of reach here, except that people in government are braindead.

what could be lower than 1% even stock brokers do about 3%
you were losing trillions of naira
somebody helped you to get it
you think it's free
if it's easy why did 6 billiom and 20 billiom go missing
dollars o not naira
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by adconline(m): 1:37am On Nov 18, 2015
Promhize:

Most Naija payment processors charge 1.5% to 4%... Banks give out loans in $bn to companies and govts and their interests are in double digit. You can't force them to charge 0.111%.
Here is lift of payment providers and charges.

http://www.naijaonlinebiz.com/online-payment-gateway-platform-in-nigeria-their-setup-fees/
In 2009, Nigerian Stock exchange was paying $33m for software upgrade
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by aresa: 2:03am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by aresa: 2:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Promhize:

Even if REMITA isn't owned by APC cabals, this is gross incompetence.

In sane countries, the president would have no choice but to resign, but apc e-urchins term everything as propaganda when it is glaring that this isn't.

Jona your god and the leader of the PDP knowingly singed the contract with APC/opposition cabals..? Jona must be a very dumb and foolish mangrin

hmmm... It's really true that you roadside village biafrauds are indeed mentally lazy and deficient... grin
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 2:22am On Nov 18, 2015
aresa:

Jona your god and the leader of the PDP knowingly singed the contract with APC/opposition cabals..? Jona must be a very dumb and foolish mangrin

hmmm... It's really true that you roadside village biafrauds are indeed mentally lazy and deficient... grin

According to investigations by the Hope For Nigeria group, Mallam Umar Sani, the former Senior Special Adviser to former Vice President Namadi Sambo availed that the immediate past government never signed any agreement with SystemSpec.

He said: “The government as at that time began the implementation of TSA through the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS), a World Bank assisted Project domiciled in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and it is through GIFMIS that all government Budget (Personnel, Overhead, Capital, Transfers etc) transactions are carried out, so why do they need Remitta?

2 Likes

Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by aresa: 2:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Obiagu1:
With 1% of all government money transfers, no state in Nigeria could rival Remita.

Illiterate. REMITA is a software to start with and the company involved is collecting the 1% on behalf of 3 entities including the CBN and they all share the money so no 1% is going to any single entity..

Buhari, the corruption fighter, now perpetrating the worst corruption in Nigerian history

Obviously jona is the leader of the highway robbery gang sine he set up the agreement and refused to monitor or supervise the contract and it beats me why PMB who is now supervising the agreement and even credited our account with N8 billion from the deal is corrupt, but jona who initiated the deal and failed to supervise it remains your hero and troubles you less... grin

Look here you Biafra loser, we know what's good for Nigeria is always bad news for you biter and disgruntled villagers so why even bother with this and crocodile concern for Nigeria when in fact tour biafdraud should be your primary worries... grin
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by aresa: 2:29am On Nov 18, 2015
Obiagu1:

According to investigations by the Hope For Nigeria group, Mallam Umar Sani, the former Senior Special Adviser to former Vice President Namadi Sambo availed that the immediate past government never signed any agreement with SystemSpec.

He said: “The government as at that time began the implementation of TSA through the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS), a World Bank assisted Project domiciled in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and it is through GIFMIS that all government Budget (Personnel, Overhead, Capital, Transfers etc) transactions are carried out, so why do they need Remitta?

@ The red highlight, we call the Hate For Nigeria. It's nothing but a Biafra and anti Nigeria congregation so shove that nonsense o the curb..

System Specs, in a letter to the President, signed by its Managing Director, John Obaro, said the contract for the refund of the money by the commercial banks to the CBN was signed in 2011.

Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, endorsed the contract while the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was then the Governor of the CBN.

http://www.nigeriannewspapers.today/remita-boss-obaro-writes-buhari-explains-all-about-tsa-contract/

According to the company involved and not according to your Hate For Nigeria....

Nna, abeg get lost....
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by jpphilips(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2015
Obiagu1:

Buhari, the corruption fighter, now perpetrating the worst corruption in Nigerian history.

Remita is a software you ugly dumb fvck
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by omogin(f): 8:12am On Nov 18, 2015
APC=SCAM
Re: Remita Is Richer Than Any State In Nigeria. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2015
Obiagu1:

That it was initiated by the last administration does not mean Buhari cannot halt it.
You can't let a fraud to continue because you did not initiate it, do you?
you still had no sense. He halted the transfer, didn't he?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast "BAKASSI" Group To Trail Fulani Herdsmen. / Who Will Be The Next High Profile Scammer To Be Nabbed??? / Busted: Wife Of Bashir El Rufai, The Son Of Malam El Rufai Is Not Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.