Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,250 members, 7,891,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:41 AM

If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God (3075 Views)

Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam / Do Israeli Muslims Call God Yahweh Or Allah ? / Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2015
truthman2012:

Allah himself confirms he is not Yahweh that the Jews and Christians worship:

Pickthal 109:1] Say: O disbelievers! (i.e the Jews and Christians who didn't believe in allahh)
[Pickthal 109:2] I worship not that which ye worship;
[Pickthal 109:3] Nor worship ye that which I worship.
[Pickthal 109:4] And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
[Pickthal 109:5] Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
[Pickthal 109:6] Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Who is this allahh and why did he claim Yahweh's prophets as his own?

Thier mumu strong, o gidi gan...

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Annunaki(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
truthman2012:

Quran 109:1] Say: O disbelievers! (i.e the Jews and Christians who didn't believe in allahh)
2. I worship not that which ye worship;
3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Their allahh is a clearly confused and very dishonest deity.
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
maverickboy:
The name was already in existence before Muhammed. Allah and its cognates were being used in preislamic era amongst semetic language speaking people. Each prophet used the rendition of the name, so it doesn't necessary that they used Allah.

Well, there is no evidence that Yahweh is a correct form of the name. The fact that Jesus and John that happened to be the most recent biblical prophet never used it also add to its suspicion.

And do you know Yahweh was one of the pantheist's gods? Just like the english word "God", it was later adopted by seeming monotheist as creator God. In essence, Yahweh was a character promoted to the level of god - idolized, and later on adopted as the supreme deity in Israel.

I doubt you read what's written there yourself.

This's your mere wording, and it holds no authority over what I believe. Many Christians believe they can hold Muslims ransom by saying Muslims and Christians don't worship the same God. But that tactic will only work on a Muslim that doesn't know who (s)he worships.
Whatever you believe in doesn't change the fact that Allah wasnt mention in any history book as the God of Abraham and Moses except your Quoran which was written by an alien man of an alien culture.

Words can never change facts.

Stop the self-deceit.

Allah is a fake.

3 Likes

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Annunaki:

Their allahh is a clearly confused and very dishonest deity.

Correct !

Wicked and deceitful arabian god, allahh.

He kept abrogating his own revelations and making Muhammad to forget some. If he is God, why was he making mistakes and changing his revelations? Very deceptive.

3 Likes

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by maverickboy: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
truthman2012:

Quran 109:1] Say: O disbelievers! [s](i.e the Jews and Christians who didn't believe in allahh)[/s]
4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
As much as I know, that Surah wasn't addressing Christians or Jews as such, no interpreter would put those words there. I'm very sure you are responsible for that interpolation, and it's very wrong- it's plain corruption.

truthman2012:

I'm now assuming this's too complicated for you to understand. Or maybe you are enjoying your folly. Either ways, I don't think I may be of help.

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by maverickboy: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pyrrho:
Whatever you believe in doesn't change the fact that Allah wasnt mention in any history book as the God of Abraham and Moses except your Quoran which was written by an alien man of an alien culture.

Words can never change facts.

Stop the self-deceit.

Allah is a fake.
And now that even Wikipedia can't solve you guys problems, what can I say?

Over the centuries, The 'concept of God' in Christendom has suffered great deal of damages that it can't withstand a bit of acid test. Pagans of different origins and set of beliefs have over the time incorporated their polytheistic understanding of God into christianity.

But, what do you people know than to just be shouting your ass out over lies and lies.

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
maverickboy:

As much as I know, that Surah wasn't addressing Christians or Jews as such, no interpreter would put those words there. I'm very sure you are responsible for that interpolation, and it's very wrong- it's plain corruption.

I'm now assuming this's too complicated for you to understand. Or maybe you are enjoying your folly. Either ways, I don't think I may be of help.

Who was the verse referring to, state with proof?

Are the Jews and Christians not disbelievers (kafir) in islam?

[Quran 9:29] Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (i.e the Jews and Christians) as believe not in Allah......

That verse says the Jews and Christians do not believe in allahh, right? Are they not DISBELIEVERS in islam?

[Quran 109:1] Say: O disbelievers! (i.e the Jews and Christians who didn't believe in allahh)

As the Jews and Christians do not believe in allahh but Yahweh, who is this allahh who said he is not Yahweh? He must be an arabian idol, the head of the 360 idols inside Kaaba, and the one worshiped in Muhammad's family, whom Abdullai (meaning servant of allahh) was named after and who falsely claimed to be God. But his actions and the way he is worshiped like other idols in Mecca show is the head of the arabian idols.

The Devil used Muhammad to make his father's idol, which coincidentally was the head of Meccans' idol the only god to be recognized. So, when muslims talk about oneness of god, what they are saying in reality is cancellation of other idols to remain only allahh the head.

I think you must appreciate this islamic free education.

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by maverickboy: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
truthman2012:

Who was the verse referring to, state with proof?

Are the Jews and Christians not disbelievers (kafir) in islam?

[Quran 9:29] Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (i.e the Jews and Christians) as believe not in Allah......

That verse says the Jews and Christians do not believe in allahh, right? Are they not DISBELIEVERS in islam?

[Quran 109:1] Say: O disbelievers! (i.e the Jews and Christians who didn't believe in allahh)

As the Jews and Christians do not believe in allahh but Yahweh, who is this allahh who said he is not Yahweh? He must be an arabian idol, the head of the 360 idols inside Kaaba, and the one worshiped in Muhammad's family, whom Abdullai (meaning servant of allahh) was named after and who falsely claimed to be God. But his actions and the way he is worshiped like other idols in Mecca show is the head of the arabian idols.

The Devil used Muhammad to make his father's idol, which coincidentally was the head of Meccans' idol the only god to be recognized. So, when muslims talk about oneness of god, what they are saying in reality is cancellation of other idols to remain only allahh the head.

I think you must appreciate this islamic free education.

[b]Historical Background of the Sura:

There was a time in Makkah when although a storm of
opposition had arisen in the pagan society of Quraish
against the message of Islam preached by the Holy
Prophet (upon whom be peace), yet the Quraish chiefs
hall not yet lost hope that they would reach some sort
of a compromise with him. Therefore, from time to time
they would visit him with different proposals of
compromise so that he accepted one of them and the
dispute between them was brought to an end. In this
connection, different traditions have been related in the
Hadith .
According to Hadrat Abdullah bin Abbas, the Quraish
proposed to the Holy Prophet; "We shall give you so
much of wealth that you will become the richest man of
Makkah. We shall give you whichever woman you like in
marriage. We are prepared to follow and obey you as
our leader, only on the condition that you will not speak
ill of our gods. If you do not agree to this, we present
another proposal which is to your as well as to our
advantage."
When the Holy Prophet asked what it was, they said
that if he would worship their gods, Lat and Uzza, for a
year, they would worship his God for the same space of
time. The Holy Prophet said: "Wait awhile; let me see
what my Lord commands in this regard."
Thereupon the revelation came down: Qul ya-ayyuhal-
kafirun... and: Qul afa-ghair Allahi... (Az-Zumar: 64):
"Say to them: ignorant people, do you bid me to
worship others than Allah?" (Ibn Jarir, Ibn Abi Hatim,
Tabarani). According to another tradition from Ibn
Abbas, the Quraish said to the Holy Prophet: "O
Muhammad, if you kiss our gods, the idols, we shall
worship your God.Thereupon, this Surah was sent down.
(Abd bin Humaid).[/b]
englishtafsir.com/quran/109/index.html
By the way, can I know the translation version you are repeatedly quoting. Your own grin

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
maverickboy:

[b]Historical Background of the Sura:

There was a time in Makkah when although a storm of
opposition had arisen in the pagan society of Quraish
against the message of Islam preached by the Holy
Prophet (upon whom be peace), yet the Quraish chiefs
hall not yet lost hope that they would reach some sort
of a compromise with him. Therefore, from time to time
they would visit him with different proposals of
compromise so that he accepted one of them and the
dispute between them was brought to an end. In this
connection, different traditions have been related in the
Hadith .
According to Hadrat Abdullah bin Abbas, the Quraish
proposed to the Holy Prophet; "We shall give you so
much of wealth that you will become the richest man of
Makkah. We shall give you whichever woman you like in
marriage. We are prepared to follow and obey you as
our leader, only on the condition that you will not speak
ill of our gods. If you do not agree to this, we present
another proposal which is to your as well as to our
advantage."
When the Holy Prophet asked what it was, they said
that if he would worship their gods, Lat and Uzza, for a
year, they would worship his God for the same space of
time. The Holy Prophet said: "Wait awhile; let me see
what my Lord commands in this regard."
Thereupon the revelation came down: Qul ya-ayyuhal-
kafirun... and: Qul afa-ghair Allahi... (Az-Zumar: 64):
"Say to them: ignorant people, do you bid me to
worship others than Allah?" (Ibn Jarir, Ibn Abi Hatim,
Tabarani). According to another tradition from Ibn
Abbas, the Quraish said to the Holy Prophet: "O
Muhammad, if you kiss our gods, the idols, we shall
worship your God.Thereupon, this Surah was sent down.
(Abd bin Humaid).[/b]
englishtafsir.com/quran/109/index.html
By the way, can I know the translation version you are repeatedly quoting. Your own grin

My quote is from Pickthal translation.

The long essay you posted has no substance. It is a write-up of some muslims without quranic or hadith backing. Tafsir means interpretation of the quran, how were they able to interpret quran 109 after many years of Muhammad death as they were not yet born then? Note that only Muhammad could receive revelations from allahh, from whom did they get that information from as they didn't meet Muhammad on earth?

So, to form a defence for the quran, any muslim or group of muslims can just interpret it to suit their purpose. Tomorrow another muslim will search the internet and give us another different interpretation to the same verse. This is my experience on nairaland.

For me, I have used quran 9:29 to interpret 109 and that makes a lot of sense rather than using a formulated story to interpret it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by maverickboy: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2015
truthman2012:

My quote is from Pickthal translation.
Then you are guilty of interpolation.

truthman2012:
The long essay you posted has no substance. It is a write-up of some muslims without quranic or hadith backing. Tafsir means interpretation of the quran, how were they able to interpret quran 109 after many years of Muhammad death as they were not yet born then? Note that only Muhammad could receive revelations from allahh, from whom did they get that information from as they didn't meet Muhammad on earth?

So, to form a defence for the quran, any muslim or group of muslims can just interpret it to suit their purpose. Tomorrow another muslim will search the internet and give us another different interpretation to the same verse. This is my experience on nairaland.

Gosh, you really are making me want to vomit! I know you didn't click the link, so how did you know it has no Hadith?

Even the historical background of the sura I put up there is very genuine and no other account was presented to explain the event that led to its revelation.
Besides, is Tafsir possible without Hadith? learn, and stop pretending to know what you know next to nothing about.

truthman2012:
[s]For me, I have used quran 9:29 to interpret 109 and that makes a lot of sense rather than using a formulated story to interpret it.[/s]

Hahaha... This man is really something!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2015
maverickboy

Qur'an (5:51)-"O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Your Allah just sent you fellows to come down here to be dark angels. Can't you see? If trumpet sounds today where are you going to?
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2015
maverickboy:

Gosh, you really are making me want to vomit! I know you didn't click the link, so how did you know it has no Hadith?

Even the historical background of the sura I put up there is very genuine and no other account was presented to explain the event that led to its revelation.
Besides, is Tafsir possible without Hadith? learn, and stop pretending to know what you know next to nothing about.

maverickboy:

No doubt Yahweh is not the same as allahh, apart from the confirmation in quran 109, the way muslims worship allahh is the way meccan idolaters worship their idols. No prophets of God before Muhammad went to Mecca to worship Yahweh islamically. Moses, Jesus and other did talk about it. If Kaaba is truly the house of Yahweh from the time of Abraham, why didn't any of Yahweh's prophets go there to worship islamically or did allah forget to put that in the quran?

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Rilwayne001: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
truthman2012:

For me, I have used quran 9:29 to interpret 109 and that makes a lot of sense rather than using a formulated story to interpret it.

loool.. Sheik Truthman2012, I hail o
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
maverickboy:

you don't know that lieman yet. He's a complete retar.d lol he will just keep annoying you with baseless arguments that lacks substance.
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

loool.. Sheik Truthman2012, I hail o

me seff throway salute for am

as Yoruba will say: mo beri fun!

olodo oshi grin

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Rilwayne001: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

me seff throway salute for am
as Yoruba will say: mo beri fun!
olodo oshi grin
grin grin
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
truthman2012:

No doubt Yahweh is not the same as allahh, apart from the confirmation in quran 109, the way muslims worship allahh is the way meccan idolaters worship their idols. No prophets of God before Muhammad went to Mecca to worship Yahweh islamically. Moses, Jesus and other did talk about it. If Kaaba is truly the house of Yahweh from the time of Abraham, why didn't any of Yahweh's prophets go there to worship islamically or did allah forget to put that in the quran?

alaye leave story.
moses prayed in form of solat oyah! cool

Moses prayed as we Muslim pray. cool
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

alaye leave story.

And that's the old testament laws you still follow. That's what's casing this problems today
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

alaye leave story.

Leave the guy. The first person to have built the Ka'abba was Abraham

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
truthman2012:
Moses no doubt was a Jew as Jesus was according to the Bible. These people were prophets of the Almighty Yahweh.

Many years later, Muhammad's allahh also claimed both of them were his prophets, creating the impression that Yahweh is the same as allahh. If the muslims believe they are the same, for just one week, always say in your solat ''Yahweh Akbar'' instead of ''Allahu Akbar'' afterall you are referring to the same God.

You will not have done that for two days before you will realize the difference.

Try it.

Muslims can't offer their 5 daily prayer in any other language then Arabic.. Or haven't you wondered why Muslims don't pray in Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo?
However other suplications can be in any other language.

And of course if Yaweh means One God;
A supreme being;
Not three in one god;
If the Yaweh isn't an adulterated god now assuming the position of God in your mind;
And All the qualities of Allah are the same as that Yaweh;
Then I can say Yahweh Akbar

1 Like

Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

alaye leave story. moses prayed in form of solat oyah! cool
Where did you find that lie?
Tell me where Moses as a Jew did ablution and faced kaaba when praying.
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Annunaki(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

alaye leave story.

Even pagans pray the same way muslims pray. grin
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by truthman2012(m): 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
Annunaki:

Even pagans pray the same way muslims pray. grin

Islam and paganism are one and the same. When muslims say oneness of god, what they are saying in reality is abolition of other meccan idols for only allahh, the head of the 360 idols, which was the one worshiped in Muhammad's family.

If their oneness of god is the same as the Jews Oneness of God, Muhammad should not have had issues with the Jews.
Re: If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God by Annunaki(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
truthman2012:

Islam and paganism are one and the same. When muslims say oneness of god, what they are saying in reality is abolition of other meccan idols for only allahh, the head of the 360 idols, which was the one worshiped in Muhammad's family.

If their oneness of god is the same as the Jews Oneness of God, Muhammad should not have had issues with the Jews.

Mohammed had problems with the Jews because of his conceited, delusional narcissist tendencies. He was desperate to be accepted as a prophet for the simple reason he had a demonic attack in a cave while 'meditating'. It was the jewish rejection of his false claims that made him hate them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Misconceptions About What Makes A Muslim A Muslim / A Mercy To Mankind - He Was Muhammad Pbuh / Nigerian Islamic Leaders Condemn Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.