Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? (663 Views)

There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story / What's Wrong With This Owerri Zenith Bank Crime Scene? (Graphic Images) / Three Policemen Shot Dead In Abuja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by Ozize(m): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
So I was gisting with a friend this evening
around 7pm and was told about an incident
that occured while I was away involving some psych centric police men. This incident according to my friend occured on a sunday afternoon At Ijegun road, bank busstop. A man with his family were returning from church service and as they went via a police checkpoint he was asked to stop, but due to the already loud volume of a christian song
playing from his tricycle(known as KEKE
NAPEP) he was not able to hear the policeman telling him to stop obviously for no tangible reason(N20 things). The coward took out his AK47 and shot at the tricycle.The bullet went via the man's wife and to the man's head instantly killing both of them. The policeman realising what he had done attempted to escape with the rest but they were quickly apprehended by people around. I am yet to be told what the final
judgement was but then a lot of questions
have been popping up in my head; WTF is wrong with our policemen? I still do not understand why a policeman should be
in possession of a gun? Not to talk of pointing it at an innocent civilian. I see no reason why the people who are meant to protect us be with a deadly weapon. Do we look like animals? are we in a war zone?
There are ways to bring about peace and
security and its not by using weapon as deadly
as gun. How are these policemen even recruited? Is there usually a check on their mental state before they get employed? is there usually a check on their past
criminal record? Its hightime the Govt did
something about this. I mean it is getting too much. my advice is that the govt should revisit the steps and approached used in recruiting policemen.
Criminal and mental record of these men
shoud be checked. secondly, no policeman should be
allowed to be in possession of any gun of any
kind until when the need arise. lastly our policemen lack discipline, they
should be seriously disciplined if these rules
are slightly broken. Nigerians deserve to feel truely protected
and secured. We have the right to live without
fear of being wrongfully treated.

"The Green Fist" on facebook.
LIKE https://mobile.facebook.com/The-Green-Fist-498393457002688/

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by divinehand2003(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Our Nigerian police don't have Joy at all. The police now have a self acclaimed job of standing in our roads or highways plus airports and sea for the purpose of collecting taxes from drivers, captains of ships or canoes, and pilots.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by Ozize(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
divinehand2003:
Our Nigerian police don't have Joy at all. The police now have a self acclaimed job of standing in our roads or highways plus airports and sea for the purpose of collecting taxes from drivers, captains of ships or canoes, and pilots.
just imagine. Our policing system needs to be seriously checked.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by wahles(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Btw came across this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by flylykace: 12:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Sometimes I do not argue wit policemen wit rifle they can be dangerous especially at night

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by ril19(m): 12:47am On Nov 18, 2015
See How Gloomy They're Looking.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Policemen? by Sanuzi(m): 7:51am On Nov 18, 2015
Hmmmmmm watching in 3D ooooooooooooooo
Ozize:
So I was gisting with a friend this evening
around 7pm and was told about an incident
that occured while I was away involving some psych centric police men. This incident according to my friend occured on a sunday afternoon At Ijegun road, bank busstop. A man with his family were returning from church service and as they went via a police checkpoint he was asked to stop, but due to the already loud volume of a christian song
playing from his tricycle(known as KEKE
NAPEP) he was not able to hear the policeman telling him to stop obviously for no tangible reason(N20 things). The coward took out his AK47 and shot at the tricycle.The bullet went via the man's wife and to the man's head instantly killing both of them. The policeman realising what he had done attempted to escape with the rest but they were quickly apprehended by people around. I am yet to be told what the final
judgement was but then a lot of questions
have been popping up in my head; WTF is wrong with our policemen? I still do not understand why a policeman should be
in possession of a gun? Not to talk of pointing it at an innocent civilian. I see no reason why the people who are meant to protect us be with a deadly weapon. Do we look like animals? are we in a war zone?
There are ways to bring about peace and
security and its not by using weapon as deadly
as gun. How are these policemen even recruited? Is there usually a check on their mental state before they get employed? is there usually a check on their past
criminal record? Its hightime the Govt did
something about this. I mean it is getting too much. my advice is that the govt should revisit the steps and approached used in recruiting policemen.
Criminal and mental record of these men
shoud be checked. secondly, no policeman should be
allowed to be in possession of any gun of any
kind until when the need arise. lastly our policemen lack discipline, they
should be seriously disciplined if these rules
are slightly broken. Nigerians deserve to feel truely protected
and secured. We have the right to live without
fear of being wrongfully treated.

"The Green Fist" on facebook.
LIKE https://mobile.facebook.com/The-Green-Fist-498393457002688/

(1) (Reply)

Never Pity A Thief. / My Experience With The Nigerian Police Over Use Of Water. / Please Can We Stop And Defend This Helpless Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.