Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,109 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 AM

Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) (1079 Views)

Us Blasted Syria With Cruise Missiles, Says It Is A Signal To China / Russia Military Buildup,US Intelligence Warns Of New Russian Cruise Missiles. / Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by jnhmaxxwell: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2015
Russia used 34 air launched cruise missiles during the strike on the terrorist targets in Syria, Russian General Staff chief Gen. Valery Gerasimov said Tuesday. The members of the US-led coalition were informed about the operation in advance, he added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWM3fmtLT_4

“During a massive airstrike today, 14 important ISIL targets were destroyed by 34 air-launched cruise missiles. The targets destroyed include command posts that were used to coordinate ISIL activities in the provinces of Idlib and Aleppo, munition and supply depots in the northwestern part of Syria,” Gerasimov said.

Russian Air Forces will be strengthened with advanced 37 aircraft, including eight Su-34 bomber jets and four Su-27 fighter jets, Gerasimov noted.

"The Russian General Staff has developed a new plan of the air campaign [in Syria] which envisions deployment of 25 strategic bombers, eight Su-34 Fullback attack aircraft, and four Su-27 Flanker fighter jets," Army General Valery Gerasimov said.

Syrian army with the assistance of the Russian aviation managed to liberate 80 towns and regain control of the territory more than 500 square kilometers.

"In the Northern Syrian Province of Aleppo Syrian Army liberated 40 towns. Government troops deblocked Kweiris airbase and continue to expand security zone near the airport," Gerasimov added.
Ten imagery and signals intelligence spacecraft were deployed in order to improve the space intelligence capabilities in Syria, Russian General Staff chief Gen. Gerasimov said.

“Ten satellites are deployed. By redirecting several spacecraft and adjusting their orbit we now can photograph Syrian territory at required intervals,” he said.

The Islamic State militant’s ability to illegally export energy resources was severely hampered by Russian airstrikes, chief of Russian General Staff General Valery Gerasimov said.

"Several elements of the enemy infrastructure, including two fuel tanker truck columns, were destroyed by Russian Aerospace Forces aircraft, which resulted in “a severe decrease in militants’ ability to illegally export energy resources," Gerasimov said Tuesday during a report to Russia’s President Vladimir Putin at the National Defense Control Center.
Russian Air Forces have conducted 65 sorties and destroyed six ISIL command centers, Gen. Valery Gerasimov said.

"Russian Air Forces based on the Hmeymim airbase in Latakia have conducted 65 sorties of 98 planned for the day. During the airstrikes were destroyed six terrorist command centers, eight arm depots, six oil depots and four facilities used to manufacture explosive devices and rockets," Gerasimov said.

Russian warplanes have destroyed 140 ISIL targets in Syria, Sergey Shoigu said. The number of sorties doubled, Shoigu added.

"The number of sorties was increased two times which allows us to launch powerful precision strikes against ISIL militants deep within the Syrian territory," the Russian Defense Minister said while briefeng the president on Syrian operation in the Russian National Defense Control Center.

Strategic bombers Tu-160, Tu-95MC and Tu-22 are involved in the Russian operation in Syria, the Russian Defense Minister said.

"Tu-160, Tu-95MC and Tu-22 strategic bombers with standard strike aircraft are involved in destroying of terrorist targets in Syria," Shoigu said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzjX1IKULw
Twelve Russian bomber jets Tu-22M3 have hit ISIL targets in the Syrian provinces of Raqqa and Deir ez-Zor, Shoingu said.

“Today, from 2:00 till 2:30 GMT, twelve Tu-22M3 long-range bomber aircraft carried out strikes against ISIL targets in the provinces of Raqqa and Deir ez-Zor,” Shoigu said.

Russia will continue massive airstrikes on terrorist targets in Syria. Russia's actions in Syria made it possible for Syrian army to begin an offensive against terrorists.

Russian warplanes launched airstrikes against Islamic State (ISIL) and other militant groups at the request of Syrian President Bashar Assad on September 30.

Since the beginning of the air campaign, Russian Aerospace Forces have carried out around 1,800 sorties, destroying some 2,700 terrorist targets, according to the General Staff. Several hundreds of militants have been killed, and dozens of command centers and depots have been destroyed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Style007(m): 1:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Oh thank you Putin..... Am sure Obama and !uhari will be weeping profusely by now.... Hit like if you understand what I mean

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by scully95: 1:30am On Nov 18, 2015
carry on russia

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Appleyard(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
The Russian s have come, the Syrians have seen, and behold they are conquering now and gradually coasting towards victory. No matter how long the journey maybe, the forces of good will eventually prevail over those of evil. Putin and Syria will surely win the battle.

Go Russia! Go Syria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by NairaMinted: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Appleyard:
The Russian s have come, the Syrians have seen, and behold they are conquering now and gradually coasting towards victory. No matter how long the journey maybe, the forces of good will eventually prevail over those of evil. Putin and Syria will surely win the battle.

Go Russia! Go Syria!

AMEN!!

What are your thoughts on this video by the way:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lnAeM73hIpU

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by NairaMinted: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by overhypedsteve(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
This should be one of the largest air campaign the world have seen since desert storm.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Lucasbalo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Appleyard:

Go Russia! Go Syria!
One thing people don't understand about Middle East is that Russia will eventually regret getting in the middle of civil war between Sunnis and Shiites. Russia don't have the economic power to see this to a conclusion. When bombs start going off in Moscow, St. petersburg and other Russian cities, putin will find out that you break it, you own it. As for me, i want America to withdraw all her troops and bases from the Middle East. I do not want another 911 on American soil. I could care less if they wipe each other out in that part of the world. Putin will soon collapse the struggling economy of Russia with his adventure. I love America out of that hell hole and Russia in that God forgotten hell on earth.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Tkester: 6:41am On Nov 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
One thing people don't understand about Middle East is that Russia will eventually regret getting in the middle of civil war between Sunnis and Shiites. Russia don't have the economic power to see this to a conclusion. When bombs start going off in Moscow, St. petersburg and other Russian cities, putin will find out that you break it, you own it. As for me, i want America to withdraw all her troops and bases from the Middle East. I do not want another 911 on American soil. I could care less if they wipe each other out in that part of the world. Putin will soon collapse the struggling economy of Russia with his adventure. I love America out of that hell hole and Russia in that God forgotten hell on earth.

Mr man STFU, and take this your stupidly negativity outta here.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Lucasbalo(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2015
Tkester:

Mr man STFU, and take this your stupidly negativity outta here.
Russia man, you will end up enlisting in the Russian military since you love war. You and your beloved Putin can get involved in Middle East all you want. I just don't want part of my tax money going to that hell hole. Plus, one 911 is enough for me. Growing number of Americans feel that way. What's so appealing about war. Why don't you start one in the country you live ?. Think about that.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by scully95: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Russia man, you will end up enlisting in the Russian military since you love war. You and your beloved Putin can get involved in Middle East all you want. I just don't want part of my tax money going to that hell hole. Plus, one 911 is enough for me. Growing number of Americans feel that way. What's so appealing about war. Why don't you start one in the country you live ?. Think about that.

You don't understand the scope of things happening in the middle east. Saudi Arabia will lose in Yemen and Syria. Isreal, Qatar, Turkey and the head of the hagemon U.S.A will die a slow but painful death. The world is in a Transition into a Multi-polar world... And that's the real problem and the cause of the war by the way..

You killed Gadafi, his dreams still live on.. Saddam and the rest.. What about the blood of the dead coming back to hunt the invader. The hegemon ? WHat goes around comes around. It's coming around soon.

This video bellow will help you in understanding more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9MkBfb2xw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Lucasbalo(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
scully95:

You don't understand the scope of things happening in the middle east. Saudi Arabia will lose in Yemen and Syria. Isreal, Qatar, Turkey and the head of the hagemon U.S.A will die a slow but painful death. The world is in a Transition into a Multi-polar world... And that's the real problem and the cause of the war by the way..

You killed Gadafi, his dreams still live on.. Saddam and the rest.. What about the blood of the dead coming back to hunt the invader. The hegemon ? WHat goes around comes around. It's coming around soon.

This video bellow will help you in understanding more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9MkBfb2xw
You guys love war and I don't. That's the difference between us. Like I said, if you love war that much why don't you guys join the Russian army or better more join the army in your country and start your own war. I just don't want America to fight any more war. Enough of killing that never stop any problem. One 911 is more than enough. I could care less about the Middle East. Getting involved in the middle of civil war will be Putin Achilles hills.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Appleyard(m): 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Russia is doing what is necessary, knowing that if it doesnt confront them in Syria now, it will have to fight them back home later. Putin got the backing of his people. Knowing what IS is, and having declare war on Russia. Russia is more than capable to take on isis and i dont see anything keeping it bogged down.

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by NairaMinted: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You guys love war and I don't. That's the difference between us. Like I said, if you love war that much while don't you guys join the Russian army or better more join the army in your country and start your own war. I just don't want America to fight any more war. Enough of killing that never stop any problem. One 911 is more than enough. I could care less about the Middle East. Getting involved in the middle of civil war will be Putin Achilles hills.

Hahahahaha! Say that again? Who loves war? Russia?? Hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Lucasbalo(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Appleyard:
Russia is doing what is necessary, knowing that if it doesnt confront them in Syria now, it will have to fight them back home later. Putin got the backing of his people. Knowing what IS is, and having declare war on Russia. Russia is more than capable to take on isis and i dont see anything keeping it bogged down.
Good for Russia then. I know right wing politicians in US like George W, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, McCain and their enablers shouting the same mantra here. When the terrorists gets to do damages in US cities, people turn against them. I am all for Russia in Syria as long as America gets out of that junk hole.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Appleyard(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
NairaMinted:

AMEN!!

What are your thoughts on this video by the way:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lnAeM73hIpU
Am still trying to load the video. May just be my browser fault.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Appleyard(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Good for Russia then. I know right wing politicians in US like George W, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, McCain and their enablers shouting the same mantra here. When the terrorists gets to do damages in US cities, people turn against them. I am all for Russia in Syria as long as America gets out of that junk hole.
I see. But America is still involve in the region till date.
Re: Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) by Lucasbalo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=Appleyard post=40192704]I see. But America is still involve in the region till date.[/@Appleyard, you are correct about that. That's part of the discussion going on in the presidential primary election going on here. Hopefully, majority of Americans are seeing that American interventionalism has brought her nothing but scorn and hatred. Just tired of war and the mistries that comes with it. No amount of military power or killings can right the wrongs of M/E.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Donald Trump Has Won South Carolina’s Republican Primary / Screenshot- "African Are Lazy, Good At Sex And Thief"- Trump / President-elect Donald Trump Announces His Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.