Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,440 members, 7,978,388 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:41 AM

You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams (9584 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2009
Why is it that Christians and Muslims and others always fail to answer the question, they would rather pick a quote or circumstance that favours their myopic stance on the matter. who gives a flying ducks arse whether Pastor or Iman is too greedy or selfish to pay tax or who bought which jet or fighter plane, the matter is simple. Religion is not above the Law.
As long as you are an income-earning Nigerian, you must pay tax, PAY YOUR TAXES PASTORS AND IMANS. because i pay mine regularly.

Bastich!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by timmy7(m): 7:57pm On May 23, 2009
Does d topic says religion is above d law? Some pple sef grin who cares whether u pay tax,na for NL u for dey boast now cheesy
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2009
ifihearam:

@OXONE

THE ABOVE ITALICISED SENTENCE IS TRUE,BUT DO NOT COMPLETE AGREE WITH THE FORMR ONES BUT IF YOU ARE REALLY A CHRISTAIN I DO BELIEVE YOU NEED A PROPHET AS WELL BECAUSE THE BIBLE RECORDS THAT IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE LORD YOUR GOD YOU SHALL BE ESTABLISHED AND IF YOU BELIEVE IN (HIS)PROPHETS YOU SHALL PROPSER.MEANING PROSPERITY COULD ALSO COME FROM A PHROPHET OF GOD,NO WONDER SO MAY PEOPLE PROPER UNDER THE MINISTRATION OF BABA ADEBOYE.

SO DONT JUDGE HIM HE IS REAPING THE FRUITS OF HIS LABOUR.

i'm not judging any one, am merely stating a point, lets take it one after the other
okay lets agree for one minute that he's reaping the fruit of his labour
isnt it about time, the members reap the fruit of their labour too (investment)?
he is not the only one but i guess he is been used as case study here
the new anthem of every church has become malachi 3:8 (i think) which ask people to pay tithes & offerings (funny enough that all they preach)
what of the verse which defines Christianity as Christ like behaviour
what of the verse which says anything you do for your fellow man, u've also done for GOd

it irks me to see christians everyday on tv begging for money for life saving operation, yet they all belong to denominations where the pastors drive in fleet of cars, own private jets & estate in choice cities
i mean our lord jesus with all his powers lived a life of humility & helping out the poor which is a miracle in itself
why the rush to accumulate wealth on earth when our reward is suppose to be great in heaven eh
Karl Max said "Religion is the opium of the masses" because it is only in religion that common sense goes out of the window[td][/td]
l
ifihearam:

Hello People,
 I have carefully read this thread and at no point in time did i see any one making reference to the many imams and muslim scholars thatv also receive stipends and salaries

i'm a christian & not a muslim so i cannot comment on this but whosoever receives salaries should pay tithes after all when jesus was asked about tihes, he said give to caeser (government in this case) what belongs to caser & to God what belongs to God
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by rob83: 10:38am On May 24, 2009
Damn
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by rob83: 10:40am On May 24, 2009
You guys go n read Mathew 24: 24
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2009
rob83:

You guys go n read Mathew 24: 24

wetin matt 24:24 talk? grin grin grin
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by asha80(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2009
Who be this jakumo self? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by sherrify: 7:59pm On May 24, 2009
I DONT SEE ANY WRONG IDEA IN RELIGIOUS MEN PAYING TAX,IN AS MUCH AS THEY EARN A LIVING OUT OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ITS BY FAR A JOB SO THEY SHOULD PAY TAX,
IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT WE SEE THINGS AS BIG DEALS IN THE STATES AND HERE IN EUROPE RELIGIOUS LEADERS PAY TAX WHY NOT IN NIGERIA,
OBA'S ALSO SHOULD BE INCLUDED PLUS THE SO CALLED AGBERO'S IN LAGOS,
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bawomolo(m): 2:19am On May 25, 2009
Jakumo has got this guys going nuts.

lol, keep the heat on Naija's Creflo dolla abi na Clefto Naira
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by okotie800(m): 5:59am On May 25, 2009
I am a Christian. I think that it is not good to criticize men of God not even self appointed men of God.So lets not divert. The issue here is that of tax paying.Every individual that earns money must pay tax.Do u know that amongst the top 20 richest people in nigeria, about 10 are politicians, about 3 are businessmen the rest are pastors.They should pay.At least it should be seen as there moral obligation.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by okotie800(m): 6:06am On May 25, 2009
I am a Christian. I think that it is not good to criticize men of God not even self appointed men of God.So lets not divert. The issue here is that of tax paying.Every individual that earns money must pay tax.Do u know that amongst the top 20 richest people in nigeria, about 10 are politicians, about 3 are businessmen the rest are pastors.They should pay.At least it should be seen as there moral obligation.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by FBS: 8:36am On May 25, 2009
just thinking aloud. Why so much reference to the Pastors. Whatever happened to the Imams?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2009
Imams generally don't demand cash for heavenly salvation,  like Pastor Eunuch and his ilk do for a living.

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by oludashmi(f): 11:24am On May 25, 2009
@ Tukor
@oludashmi
why all this useless rant? I made a few typos and you're blabbing about how superior you are. It just shows your immaturity. You see alot of typos on this forum and have you seen any reasonable person bring them up? This is an internet forum and people are bound to make typos while typing and every matured person knows that.
I have been on this forum since October 2007 (stopped using my username and started all over again ) and you are the first person I have pointed out a mistake in his post not because your sentences were full of grammatical or typographic errors but cos they made no meaning at all (read it again and judge yourself).

This is a forum for adults not kids(from the way you write you cant be more than 19). Grow up please!

Initially, I was wondering how an adult could talk like you but now that I know you are just 19, I won't blame you cos I don't expect a teenager like you to define maturity like an adult. I can have you as the least sibling.

you're an idiot coz your post also contains typos,

I am not surprised. Charity they say, begins at home. It shows how you relate with A-Z of your elders both paternally and maternally.

remove the log in your eyes first abeg.

Exactly what I was saying! You are coming to my side now. Leave whoever is exploiting whoever. Make an impact from your side and let your name/work speak for you.

Your being brainwashed is my headache.You have become a liability to your society and country.the brainless chaps who crash planes into buildings and strap on bombs started like you,that makes you a threat to my peace and security.You amaze me! Are there not hungry men who sacrifice their family members to get rich? What about the people killing and selling albinos in east africa.wise up abeg!
Whats your here again!! Not typo but sense!! Are you supporting the killing of albinos again or  shocked shocked What has these albinos done to you or are they exploiting you too? Pls don't sacrifice them, instead lets sacrifice you so that we will never have digression on NL again. wink

You ask why do i care how people spend their money. Point of correction,they are not spending the money,they are being ROBBED by decietful pastors.your fraudulent pastor included.

Get the definition of robbery from the dictionary and correct your statement.

As for why i care,Ask your 419 pastor why he cares about the sick and the poor. Ask him why their problems become his and he prays for them.

The pastor does so for those who care to accept/welcome him. Not by force.

Also ask him why he sends out morons like you to preach on the streets and in public transportation (afterall according to you, why do you want to die another man's death).why is he/she/it not minding their own business.
The pastor/A preacher is minding his business and you can mind yours by paying or not paying attention

Why should my body vibrate when i'm not a theif. Why will i be frustrated if i have nothing to hide. It's your  energy against this taxation that gives you away.

I replied to this thread even before you and my comment was that tax ideas to pastors/Imam is not a bad idea (check the first page). I support that everybody pay tax afterall Jesus did.

i'm sure your father is a pastor and you're scared he'll be exposed and your source of income gone. . .the government is getting wiser and you don't like that one bit.

You don't even know if I am a Muslim/Christian/pagan/just myself. I already said your posts shows the kind of home training you have. If your father sees this, he will be mad at you except he trained you to act like this. I was trained that referring to other people's parent/family without cause or first being attacked shows that the person grew up untrained, uncultured, unguided and undisciplined. That he/she was just allowed to live a life of waste, without form and profitless.

Dont worry,you can always feed by hawking pure water on the streets.

I have companies where I pay employees of high intellect. If this is what you (Tukor) do for a living, it is not bad at all, as long as you are not stealing or pick pocketing. And these are the set of people I have passion for so much cos it shows they can be good staffs/goal getter if they are given the job.

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bigben3: 1:41pm On May 25, 2009
it is long overdue for them to start paying returns to govt.kudos to lagos govt
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifihearam: 1:44pm On May 25, 2009
@realtruth

Mr man,,,ypu are worst than Jakumo and any other unbeliever out there,,why do U have to insult someone that bad because he does'nt believe the way you do?How can you convince Jakumo or any other person out there to come worship in ur church with such uterances above.The truth is that most RCCG members are religiuos people just like you re who does represent the fruits of Christianity,,Why do you call him Baba or Daddy?? His name is Pastor Adeboye,,and not all the titles that makes the religiuos thereby serving man instead of God,,Until Africans particularly Nigerians wakes to reality,,religion would continue to mess them up,,,Thesame mouth you use to call Daddy or Baba,,its same mouth U re using to ask God punish someone who U want to believe that U re serving God,,,People like ur type and many dumb religiuos people defending RCCG,,makes people to see the depth which peoples brain cells have been so badly messed up,,,,

For starters,i am not a member of RCCG,secondly,if Baba Adeboye were to be Jakumo's father or extended relative would he describe him like that calling him names?and would you take it if he were to be related to you much less a highly placed individual.

[s]Why do you call him Baba or Daddy?? His name is Pastor Adeboye,,and not all the titles that makes the religiuos thereby serving man instead of God,,Until Africans particularly Nigerians wakes to reality,,religion would continue to mess them up,,,Thesame mouth you use to call Daddy or Baba,,its same mouth U re using to ask God punish someone who U want to believe that U re serving God,,,People like ur type and many dumb religiuos people defending RCCG,,makes people to see the depth which peoples brain cells have been so badly messed up[/s]

If i call him Baba,Daddy what business of yours is it,when you patronise babalawo do you call them by their names?,do the muslim address imams and the scholars by thier names,why is that of the christain so hard for you people to understand,do you address your father by his name?grow up dearie.

@OXONE

I am not after the fact wether or not these GREAT men of God pay tax to the government or not and as a matter of fact i support the tax payment stuff but not when people like Jakumo and real_truth talk ill of innocent citizens of this country and highly placed one at that,i will not watch and allow anyone ruin and strip Baba adeboye and his counterparts off their highly deserved societal and religious respectability.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifihearam: 1:47pm On May 25, 2009
@realtruth

Mr man,,,ypu are worst than Jakumo and any other unbeliever out there,,why do U have to insult someone that bad because he does'nt believe the way you do?How can you convince Jakumo or any other person out there to come worship in ur church with such uterances above.The truth is that most RCCG members are religiuos people just like you re who does represent the fruits of Christianity,,Why do you call him Baba or Daddy?? His name is Pastor Adeboye,,and not all the titles that makes the religiuos thereby serving man instead of God,,Until Africans particularly Nigerians wakes to reality,,religion would continue to mess them up,,,Thesame mouth you use to call Daddy or Baba,,its same mouth U re using to ask God punish someone who U want to believe that U re serving God,,,People like ur type and many dumb religiuos people defending RCCG,,makes people to see the depth which peoples brain cells have been so badly messed up,,,,

For starters,i am not a member of RCCG,secondly,if Baba Adeboye were to be Jakumo's father or extended relative would he describe him like that calling him names?and would you take it if he were to be related to you much less a highly placed individual.

[s]Why do you call him Baba or Daddy?? His name is Pastor Adeboye,,and not all the titles that makes the religiuos thereby serving man instead of God,,Until Africans particularly Nigerians wakes to reality,,religion would continue to mess them up,,,Thesame mouth you use to call Daddy or Baba,,its same mouth U re using to ask God punish someone who U want to believe that U re serving God,,,People like ur type and many dumb religiuos people defending RCCG,,makes people to see the depth which peoples brain cells have been so badly messed up[/s]

If i call him Baba,Daddy what business of yours is it,when you patronise babalawo do you call them by their names?,do the muslim address imams and the scholars by thier names,why is that of the christain so hard for you people to understand,do you address your father by his name?grow up dearie.

@OXONE

I am not after the fact wether or not these GREAT men of God pay tax to the government or not and as a matter of fact i support the tax payment stuff but not when people like Jakumo and real_truth talk ill of innocent citizens of this country and highly placed one at that,i will not watch and allow anyone ruin and strip Baba adeboye and his counterparts off their highly deserved societal and religious respectability.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2009
[center][size=28pt]Fashola for President of Nigeria 2011 ![/size]     [/center]  [center] [size=18pt]

Vote for the man with the lifeline for Nigeria.

Vote Fashola 2011.    Sho y'Right ![/size][/center]
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ikamefa(f): 2:28pm On May 25, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaa @ jakumo  " grin "

this man has me rolling on the floor with his posts , those monkey pixs

i think i've filled my laughing quota for today

chei see yeye!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 3:25pm On May 25, 2009
ifihearam:

@OXONE

now ur judging them to be innocent undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
sad considering that the bible said that at the last days, u'll see wolf in cheap clothing as there are today
i suggest you leave an open mind & concentrate on getting to heaven instead of vouching for people here cos you never know who is who
i believe only God can be vouched for.
just my own little advice
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifihearam: 3:52pm On May 25, 2009
@OXONE

ADVISE CONSIDERED

BUT I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU

YOU CANNOT ADVISE PEOPLE WHO RAIN INSULT ON PASTORS BUT YOU CAN ADVISE ME FOR KICKING AGAINST THAT.WHAT A WORLD.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 25, 2009
Someone said Obas should pay taxes. They can't cause they are Locally made. Islam and Christianity are imported goods so they should be taxed.

On the side, If imported milk from Holland is killing people in Nigeria, it'll be banned right? imported religions have killed more people that any other imported good, why is it still legally distributed? It's in your head people, it's in your head!! I wonder why people will believe in Jhovah and Allah as creators but won't believe Tamuno( a creatress in Kalabari's mythology) or Iyemoja( Another creatress in Yoruba mythology) did. It's all in your head people. It's their own mythologies gone too far that is affecting us. It is not our history people, let us appreciate our own.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 25, 2009
Someone said Obas should pay taxes. They can't cause they are Locally made. Islam and Christianity are imported goods so they should be taxed.

On the side, If imported milk from Holland is killing people in Nigeria, it'll be banned right? imported religions have killed more people that any other imported good, why is it still legally distributed? It's in your head people, it's in your head!! I wonder why people will believe in Jhovah and Allah as creators but won't believe Tamuno( a creatress  in Kalabari's mythology) or Iyemoja( Another  creatress in Yoruba mythology) did. It's all in your head people. It's their own mythologies gone too far that is affecting us. It is not our history people, let us appreciate our own.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bawomolo(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2009

IQ check please.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2009
9jaganja:

On the side, If imported milk from Holland is killing people in Nigeria, it'll be banned right? imported religions have killed more people that any other imported good, why is it still legally distributed? It's in your head people, it's in your head!! I wonder why people will believe in Jhovah and Allah as creators but won't believe Tamuno( a creatress  in Kalabari's mythology) or Iyemoja( Another  creatress in Yoruba mythology) did. It's all in your head people. It's their own mythologies gone too far that is affecting us. It is not our history people, let us appreciate our own.

u need to stop attending that night school u go to bcuz u are getting dumber not wiser. from ur statement, only expatriates in nigeria should pay taxes since the rest of the citizens are local   dumb ass!  angry angry by the way Tamuno is God, almost every traditional practice in nigeria believed in an all superior being and they believed the lesser gods link us to him, more so, almost all local traditional practice has external influences long b4 the europeans and arabs showed up with christianity and islam. u need 2 get ur facts right b4 coming here to ooze crap!  angry
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 25, 2009

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by timmy7(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2009
shocked yeye man. IQ check indeed. grin
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 25, 2009
hahahah mumu Nigerians as usual, religion is indeed your opium. No, Tamuno is a name for a creatress in Kalabari Land and it's not a name for Jehovah or Allah. Kalabari people have their gods and Tamuno (a female) is seen as the over all. So I ask you all, why can't you believe in Tamuno and worship her instead of Jehovah who is a character in Western mythology? Who needs IQ check? It's due to integration of Christian believes that they gave the name Tamuno to Jehovah not because Tamuno means Jehovah or because the Kalabari people pulled out the name when they became Christians. The name has been there before they became Christians. Free IQ check for you all, 1+1=? answer that and you might be a little smarter than a first grader.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 25, 2009
:-x
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2009
9jaganja:

hahahah mumu Nigerians as usual, religion is indeed your opium. No, Tamuno is a name for a creatress in Kalabari Land and it's not a name for Jehovah or Allah. Kalabari people have their gods and Tamuno (a female) is seen as the over all. So I ask you all, why can't you believe in Tamuno and worship her instead of Jehovah who is a character in Western mythology? Who needs IQ check? It's due to integration of Christian believes that they gave the name Tamuno to Jehovah not because Tamuno means Jehovah or because the Kalabari people pulled out the name when they became Christians. The name has been there before they became Christians. Free IQ check for you all,  1+1=?  answer that and you might be a little smarter than a first grader.

ur foolishness is beyond redemption, if only u can read it will help  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

FYI: i am from buguma
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

ur foolishness is beyond redemption, if only u can read it will help  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

FYI: i am from buguma 

Like I give a shit if you are from Degema or Abonima? Kalabari scholars proved that point in University of British Columbia in Canada. So your dumb ass should appreciate your history instead of adopting mythologies from others. Project was done to shed lights on the role of African women in ancient Africa. Your dumb a chum have been brainwashed to think Tamuno is for Jehovah. Idiota~!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 11:59pm On May 25, 2009
9jaganja:

Like I give a shit if you are from Degema or Abonima? Kalabari scholars proved that point in University of British Columbia in Canada. So your dumb ass should appreciate your history instead of adopting mythologies from others. Project was done to shed lights on the role of African women in ancient Africa. Your dumb a chum have been brainwashed to think Tamuno is for Jehovah. Idiota~!

oh i appreciate my history very much, i am only disappointed that a fool like u is laying claim to that history too, makes me wanna puke lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dantata Dies In Germany. / Consumer Potential: Three Nigerian City Clusters To Compete With Lagos / Okezie Ikpeazu Promises 1million Jobs In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.