Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

FG Bans Large Importation Of “I Better Pass My Neighbour” Generator Sets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Large Importation Of “I Better Pass My Neighbour” Generator Sets (446 Views)

FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / Generator Sets Take Over Filling Stations In Lagos / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG Bans Large Importation Of “I Better Pass My Neighbour” Generator Sets by segello: 9:22am On Nov 19, 2015
Federal Government has banned the importation of the most commonly used type of generating set in Nigeria popularly known as “I better pass my neighbour”

This information came from the Comptroller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Madugu Sanni Jubrin who gave health reasons concerning the ban. “the smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system.

“That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it”.
more on...http://nairametrics.com/fg-bans-large-importation-of-i-better-pass-my-neighbour-generator-sets/

(1) (Reply)

For All Lovers Of Truth (pic) / PDP Expresses Shock Over Prince Abubakar Audu’s Death / Implementation Of National Conference Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.