Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,581 members, 7,923,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:28 PM

Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. (1527 Views)

Iweala’s Latest Jobs Raise Concern Over Abuse Of Office And Conflict Of Interest / The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Revenue Mobilization Allocation & Fiscal Commission - The Constitution In Breach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by abiodunade(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2006
what do u good people think about d illegality and abuse of 1999 constitution in ekiti state?
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Akolawole(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2006
Which illegality? I beg.

He's gone. Period!
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by ogochukwuk: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2006
the illegality in ekiti is much.
1st the chief judge was appointed ahead of his seniors, the acting chief judge was appointed in a hurray to achieve some objectives i.e to impeach fayose and swore in the deputy but it went the other way round ,the speaker was interested in becoming a governor.
our federal govt the executive could not have seen any thing wrong if the house had impeached fayose alone,
they are now crying for lagality of law when the are actually disobeying the law if they obey laws while will efcc had to arrest state assembly members before thay could sit up to compile impeachable offences to remove the governors.
what i am saying in essence is that our federal govt have shown on so many occasion that some group or act of individuals are above the law.
Now if we really wish to stand up for the rule of law. all members or state asembly,national assaembly ,the executives at both state and federal level ,political appointees at both level are to be charged to code of conduct buaruau tribunal for either false enrichment thr award of contracts to friends , over declaration of assets to enable them root, or percentage kick back and front, over valuation of contracts etc.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by BigB11(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2006
You guys must be very careful, the same law that is being abused might affect every one of us in the long run.

This is democracy and we must respect the law, period.

Abuse or degrading of the law should not be tolerated under any circumstances; and trust me, this is the only way to move a country forward effectively.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2006
this is a criminal act and the main actors should be brought to justice.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by jaso1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
thesame illegality applied for ladoja impeachment, guys you need to know the level of corruption in this nation, at this stage is too late to comply with rule of law in the process of impeachment for ifayiose caliber. with what is happening now in the nation seem to energize revolution that will put an end to all the trash in the country,
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by lewa(m): 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
I  grin grin this thresd is subject for another day.Ekiti people have just rid of themselves a bipolar malfeasance in the person of the soon to be convict.They should think of rebuilding their state and not look back.Dariye, Yerima NEXT
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by otokx(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2006
its people like lewa staying in "chicago" that cause problems for us in this our country, they just talk and talk and talk.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Odeku(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2006
Its funny when big man goes down we complain of rule of law and violation of the constitution. lets take it back one step what was the reason we got here in the 1st place? corruption right. Who was the master mind of corruption in this country? who open our eyes to corruption? who introduced 419? Innocent people are getting violated daily on the street no one cares just because they don't have the status of a governor, or a renowed politician. If the money this country made from golf war $12 Billion was properly administer toward infrastructure and development, education, will we be having this discussion today? if the governor never involved himself in scrupulous activity we wont be talking, so let him hang if he stole, and get the next one and the next one, that is a clear message for all criminal in pretense you can hide but we will nail and jail you once you are expose. Nigerians need to come together at all level and fight against bad leaders and corrupt leaders, we need to stop looking at this folks as heros or action governors. make them accountable
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by lewa(m): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
@ Otokx,
Thanks for the compliment grin. IWO NKO?(What about yourself) grin grin
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Odeku(m): 2:07am On Oct 18, 2006
Otokx abeg no talk about CHitown we love it
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by otokx(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2006
hate it or love it - its a free world.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by lewa(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2006
Chitown 4life grin grin
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Danmasani(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2006
I think it is high time we realised that what has happened in Ekiti state is a charade. First, there are presently three people claiming to be governors, two Attorney-General's and people from all sides for and against the impeachment with some saying that the constitution has been breached and others saying it is in good faith.
I guess the federal governement, that is Olusegun Obasanjo using his powers of intimidation via EFCC has landed Ekiti state in a pot of hot soup. Soon, bullets will start flying in that place if something is not done. I think a State of Emergency will be needed if this whole imbroglio is not solved, may God help us!
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by jaso1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2006
Danmansani you got it willfully wrong. the efcc does not meant for what you inscribed it. is a tool meant for tackling selfish citizen like ibb and co. for you saying the body has caused chaos in ekiti i disagree with you if the ekiti parliament does not know what and how to re-instal there constituency is left for them and i suggest Mr incumbent crook should apply a drastic measure so as to allow the acting Governor and and CJ which was appointed by the ekiti house of rep performed there duty.
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Danmasani(m): 1:23am On Oct 19, 2006
jas_o:

Danmansani you got it willfully wrong. the efcc does not meant for what you inscribed it. is a tool meant for tackling selfish citizen like ibb and co. for you saying the body has caused chaos in ekiti i disagree with you if the ekiti parliament does not know what and how to re-instal there constituency is left for them and i suggest Mr incumbent crook should apply a drastic measure so as to allow the acting Governor and and CJ which was appointed by the ekiti house of rep performed there duty.

I am not against the function or creation of the EFCC. I think it is one of the greatest things ever to happen to Nigeria. However, when it is been hijacked to intimidate opponents and settle scores, then it becomes a problem. EFCC has closed on both sides- those OBJ loves and hates, no doubt. But it has closed more on his opponents. It is all just a smokescreen.How about Mantu? Why hasn't he been impeached in the face of various allegations against him from Dariye, El-Rufai, Atiku and so many others. How about Olabode George,Tony Anenih and all other sycophants known to have looted and still are looting from Nigeria's lean purse.
Secondly, let it be clear that i am not in favor of Fayose or any other culprit, infact i hope the LEGALLY impeach Dariye at the end even if he has a day left in office, but let the contituition dictate the clear means to carry out impeachments and it must not be violated.Bayelsa and Oyo did theirs and followed due process, why use clear intimidation and circumvent laws becuase you want your opponent out by all means.

Actions like this do not affect the politicians involved alone, it affects the fabric of the Nigerian society and the sooner we call Ekiti state to order, the better for us!
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Odeku(m): 1:55am On Oct 19, 2006
SO let me ask you dude, did the EFCC ask or put a gun to this governors head to steal? or involve himself in murder? people really need to start thinking before you comment. its statements like that that give people like IBB the courage to want to come back to rule Nigeria. Why is this innocent governor in hidding?
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by Danmasani(m): 4:49am On Oct 19, 2006
Odeku:

SO let me ask you dude, did the EFCC ask or put a gun to this governors head to steal? or involve himself in murder? people really need to start thinking before you comment. its statements like that that give people like IBB the courage to want to come back to rule Nigeria. Why is this innocent governor in hidding?

Odeku, see it is people like you that dont read post first, dont think and just jump into conclusions anyhow. Where in my post did you see me saying that Fayose is innocent or that corruption is good? All I said was that due process must be followed. It is all the rush-rush business that has landed Ekiti now in a mess with three people claiming to be Governors. If only EFCC and/or the legislators had given time for the whole Chief Justice situation to get resolved before proceeding against impeachment,things would've been clearer. No one is supporting Fayose here, not saying he shouldn't be persecuted. But let there be a benchmark, the constitution must be obeyed. If we keep breaching it to achieve certain aims, no matter how important or popular they may be will only make our laws nonsense and the guidelines useless!.
I think everything has crumbled already and a State of Emergency must be imposed if the Federal Governemnt can't bring order back to that state
Re: Illegality And Abuse Of 1999 Constitution In Ekiti State. by jaso1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2006
damaturu, there is nothing like three or two governor, fayose was no where to be found and you are saying you have governor somewhere. stop obfuscating issue.

(1) (Reply)

Truth & Reconciliation / Boko Haram - Osama Bin Laden Singled Out Nigeria! / I Need To Know The Actual Population Of Lagos State And Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.