Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,141 members, 7,880,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:30 PM

My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up (636 Views)

Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / Woman Dives Into A Deep Lake To Save Her Iphone 5 Which Fell Inside (photos) / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
It fell inside water and stop booting up... What could have gone wrong with it.
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by dakarman(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
HEMBELEMBE put it inside fire. because water dey quench fire and fire dey dry water
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
Hello am not joking, what could be wrong with it
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by sasural: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2015
OP, you are an idiot.
You honestly think the best place to ask this kinda question is nairaland?
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
sasural:
OP, you are an idiot.
You honestly think the best place to ask this kinda question is nairaland?
sasural you are an imbecil.e, an ultra moronic sycophant, if your mother didn't teach you manners don't come and display your folly here..
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by sasural: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tosinex:
sasural you are an imbecil.e, an ultra moronic sycophant, if your mother didn't teach you manners don't come and display your folly here..
LOL
Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by clayrealty: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Don't try to switch it on because doing so will make some circuit spark which may damage the circuit.

Buy about 6 cups of rice, preferably Ofada rice and place the Ipad in the middle of the rice, such that the rice would cover all parts of the gadget about 2inches on all sides. Let it stay in the rice for about 48hrs, the longer you allow it to stay in there, the more your chances of reviving it. After some days, pull out the device from the rice pack and power it on. If it powers on, then you're good to go. If not, then the water must have damaged some parts in the device. Please don't ask me why rice. Hope it helps you.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by Baroba(m): 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
A man come to a tech page to seek info someone calls him an idiot, Nigerians are surely a special breed...

Bros, the motherboard has obviously short-circuited due to the minerals in water.. Try not to switch on hence you will be sending more current stored in the battery to the device..

If you can get isopropyl alcohol,at least 99% purity, dip the whole thing inside and leave it for three days. Then dry it out. The idea is for the solution to absorb all the minerals that triggered the short circuit and evaporate them out of the board.. .. It's 50 /50 depending on the level of damage, but it's worth trying..it saved my note 2 three years ago.. It's best to get the device opened. Good luck.. The rice option is equally good, but isopropyl has saved a lot of water damaged devices. If all fails, am afraid na new logic board be that...

1 Like

Re: My Friends Ipad Fell Inside Water And Its Not Powering Up by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Baroba:
A man come to a tech page to seek info someone calls him an idiot, Nigerians are surely a special breed...

Bros, the motherboard has obviously short-circuited due to the minerals in water.. Try not to switch on hence you will be sending more current stored in the battery to the device..

If you can get isopropyl alcohol,at least 99% purity, dip the whole thing inside and leave it for three days. Then dry it out. The idea is for the solution to absorb all the minerals that triggered the short circuit and evaporate them out of the board.. .. It's 50 /50 depending on the level of damage, but it's worth trying..it saved my note 2 three years ago.. It's best to get the device opened. Good luck.. The rice option is equally good, but isopropyl has saved a lot of water damaged devices. If all fails, am afraid na new logic board be that...
thanks brother, you've been very helpful, the iPad(Apple) is not mine but I've the responsibility to fix it, I perceive the mother board has gone faulty too, I've tried to revive it but it's not just powering up, if I may ask do you have the idea of how much it will cost to fix a new mother board to it.

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Hot 2 Now Running On Marshmallow / Help!! Blank Screen / Marshmallow Andriod6.0 Ported To Infinix Hot Note 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.