Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,854 members, 7,906,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:19 AM

Do Hawkers Really Live Off Their Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Hawkers Really Live Off Their Business? (364 Views)

5 Ways Small Medium Enterprise Can Market Their Business / I Need Hawkers For Products I Import From Uk / 5 Young Nigerians Below 30 Who Against All Odds Excel In Their Business (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Hawkers Really Live Off Their Business? by kstadaura: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hello Fellow Nairalanders i believed that its not only me that have this type of question whenever i see someone selling something that is less than two or five thousand on the street, i use to wonder how much is he/she going to get as profit and are they reallyon depending that business for food,clothing,accomodation,? and some of them have children to send to school all with that small business. Is it that these type of people are more contented with the small money they have or they have other sources of income?
Re: Do Hawkers Really Live Off Their Business? by ayodele123(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
I used to wonder as well
A typical woman hawks sachet water which was purchased at a bag containing 20 sachets for N50-N60.00/bag
She sells at N5.00 each which translates to N40.00 profit per bag
How long does it take to sell one bag in view of other competitors around her?
How many bags can she sell daily in that location?
How much will be her total profit for the day?
If she sells 5 bags, she earned N200.00 profit for the day
If she has kids at home, i wonder how far N200.00 can go

(1) (Reply)

How Having School Management Software Brings School Growth / Naira Drops To 251/dollar -PUNCH / Lagos State Governor: Ambode Doesn’t Want Igbo Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.