Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,951 members, 7,915,782 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:22 AM

Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend (1303 Views)

14 Signs That You Have A Bad Roommate / A Bad Trend We Need To Stop (my Opinion) / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by Metroman(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2006
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/17102006/madonnas_brings_baby_david_home

I am really concerned that these rich whites that don't know what to do with their money have started something peculiar. They go to Africa to adopt babies. First it was Angelina Jolie, now it is Madonna. YES Africa has a lot of problems but I don't think that going to adopt bbies and attracting so much media attention to the point that the poor kids are more like POODLES (little puppies) is the solution to Africa's problems.

Stop treating African children like animals.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by naijadiva2(f): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2006
i'm with you on that.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by Free(f): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2006
well
am kinda with ya on that too

but we treat ourselves like animals
das why all this is happening

until we learn to do elsewise
this wont stop

Blame our governments
for their selfishness greedyness and carelessness

dey neeed to start doing what they were put into office to do
insted of wasting money on themselves angry angry

ooh Africa god help us oooooo grin
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by kayuze(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2006
stop this nonsense right now. you all shld know better than to fan the embers of racism . what madonna has done is just a symbolic gesture of her good intention to do something positive about the plight of the african child and not 'for' all the suffering children of the africa. you need to open your eyes & take up the challenge. i am battle ready to square up to who ever thinks otherwise including seun osewa
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by naijadiva2(f): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2006
nigga plz
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by kayuze(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2006
hey mac try say something useful not ur nigga plz bullshit ok?
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by shazeez(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2006
Y'all are just being myopic about ds issue.if u're d richest female artiste n u wanna adopt a kid,where else would u go 2 if u wanna make an impact if not africa(d largest concentration of poor people). The dust dt ds madonna issue has generated would ve jeopardised some other lil orphan's chance of a good life cos nobody will want 2 cum ova 2 adopt no more.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by dennylove(m): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2006
SHAZEEZ,you are right,but TIME N CHANCE tell it all,it's jst FAVOUR OF THE LORD 4 the poor boy to experience good thing in life.gooodluck to the poor malawi boy.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by candylips(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2006
people are just overreacting to the kind gesture she has displayed
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by gbadex1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2006
Hmm. . .this discussion is 2-fold kinda. The gesture's may be genuine but sadly ideas like this soon become a trend for showbiz America and before you know it, it soon becomes a "cool" factory for every celebrity in US to adopt african children.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by nilla(f): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2006
Metroman:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/17102006/madonnas_brings_baby_david_home

I am really concerned that these rich whites that don't know what to do with their money have started something peculiar. They go to Africa to adopt babies. First it was Angelina Jolie, now it is Madonna. YES Africa has a lot of problems but I don't think that going to adopt bbies and attracting so much media attention to the point that the poor kids are more like POODLES (little puppies) is the solution to Africa's problems.

Stop treating African children like animals.

true that
and they should stop treating africa like dirt too
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by mamazita1(f): 1:24am On Oct 31, 2006
Metroman,
youre right o! I pity that boy from the bottom of my heart! they are just going to f** up his life! What is a Malawian boy going to do in the wilds of Scotland or where ever the h** Madonna lives, surrounded by people that will look and stare at him as if he is some specimen? The best thing they can do for him is to return him to his country, harsh as it seems becoz money can never make up for identity, culture, being with your people and speaking your language. believe me im talking frm personal experience. if Madonna wants to help she should provide money from him IN his country. PERIOD! Or else he is going to be another messed up, rootless, black man in the western world, not sure if he is African or Black American or West Indian! If u dont believe me, ask the Nigerians that are born abroad and have never been to Nigeria or speak their dialect.
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by trendy(f): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2007
It's a bad trend, if they dont stop it soon africa will be the biggest losers
Re: Madonna And The Malawian Child: A Bad Trend by soulpatrol(f): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2007
haven't we always been? allowing foreigners to take advantage of us for centuries. hiss!

(1) (Reply)

How Osama Bin Laden Died / Why Am I Addicted To Facebook? / The Word "Jazz"(juju) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.