Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,580 members, 7,885,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:20 AM

Very Urgent!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Very Urgent!!! (1248 Views)

Very Urgent / Please Treat This As Very Urgent!!!! / ETX-NG Firm ( Very Urgent ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Urgent!!! by serah88: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
My immediate younger sister just received an SMS from Goldmine which reads: You are hereby invited for an interview at Goldmine Liberty Concept, (377A, Omofade Cresent Omole Estate, Phase 1, Ojodu Berger) tomorrow 21 November by 10am. Guys, is this company real? Why would a company chose Saturday for interview?
Re: Very Urgent!!! by tosinmania: 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Got the same message and was confuse
Re: Very Urgent!!! by tosinmania: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
They are on 102.3fm now So check
Re: Very Urgent!!! by Craven: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but confirming if companies are real is something you should be able to do yourself.

Whenever you receive texts like these, you only need to ask yourself a few questions;

- Did I apply to this company? - Some people receive text messages inviting them for interviews, and because are agitated, they forget to question whether or not they applied to that particular company. There is no reason you should be receiving texts from a company you did not apply to. This is the first rule.

- Is the company real? - Google is always there to confirm the existence of a company or if they are genuine. If they are, it is most likely they will have an online presence; a website, and social media accounts.

- Why an interview on a weekend? - It isn't unlikely to receive interview invites on a weekend, but if any organization should invite you for an interview, either on a weekday or a weekend, they will have sent you a notification a few days before the interview date, not a day before. Only sloppy organizations will not give you proper time to prepare for an interview; sloppy organizations or scammers.

- Why text messages and no emails? - This another way to decide how serious a company is. Some companies will take the time to compose emails with interview invites, other companies will send emails and texts notifying you that you have an invite in your inbox. Other companies just send texts. These are the lazy companies and most likely scammers.

- Do these company have contact details? - Sometimes you find a phone number in the text messages received. You should call that number to speak with whoever sent the text. Speaking with them is a good way to tell if the company is a big deal. Sometimes, an indian answers the phone and complains that he isn't aware of any company recruiting anyone and that his phone number is being used by scammers to carry out recruitment exercises; other times, people with poor communication skills answer at the other end. And that begs the question; what kind of serious organization has an illiterate as a call centre representative?

If after asking all these questions you aren't convinced the company is genuine, then avoid attending the interview.

I hope I have been able to be of help.

3 Likes

Re: Very Urgent!!! by tosinmania: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
Its a skill acqusition centre. They are into trainings and other. Am out
Re: Very Urgent!!! by serah88: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
Craven:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but confirming if companies are real is something you should be able to do yourself.

Whenever you receive texts like these, you only need to ask yourself a few questions;

- Did I apply to this company? - Some people receive text messages inviting them for interviews, and because are agitated, they forget to question whether or not they applied to that particular company. There is no reason you should be receiving texts from a company you did not apply to. This is the first rule.

- Is the company real? - Google is always there to confirm the existence of a company or if they are genuine. If they are, it is most likely they will have an online presence; a website, and social media accounts.

- Why an interview on a weekend? - It isn't unlikely to receive interview invites on a weekend, but if any organization should invite you for an interview, either on a weekday or a weekend, they will have sent you a notification a few days before the interview date, not a day before. Only sloppy organizations will not give you proper time to prepare for an interview; sloppy organizations or scammers.

- Why text messages and no emails? - This another way to decide how serious a company is. Some companies will take the time to compose emails with interview invites, other companies will send emails and texts notifying you that you have an invite in your inbox. Other companies just send texts. These are the lazy companies and most likely scammers.

- Do these company have contact details? - Sometimes you find a phone number in the text messages received. You should call that number to speak with whoever sent the text. Speaking with them is a good way to tell if the company is a big deal. Sometimes, an indian answers the phone and complains that he isn't aware of any company recruiting anyone and that his phone number is being used by scammers to carry out recruitment exercises; other times, people with poor communication skills answer at the other end. And that begs the question; what kind of serious organization has an illiterate as a call centre representative?

If after asking all these questions you aren't convinced the company is genuine, then avoid attending the interview.

I hope I have been able to be of help.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I had made frantic effort at confirming the company's authentic before putting it up here. I did try to access their website but it wasn't opening. According to her, she just applied today and got an invite from them today.

I listened to them on the radio. I would rather advise her to take advantage of the free skills acquisition program that they are organising instead of honoring their interview invite. Thanks all
Re: Very Urgent!!! by Craven: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
serah88:
Thanks for the enlightenment. I had made frantic effort at confirming the company's authentic before putting it up here. I did try to access their website but it wasn't opening. According to her, she just applied today and got an invite from them today.

I listened to them on the radio. I would rather advise her to take advantage of the free skills acquisition program that they are organising instead of honoring their interview invite. Thanks all

You are welcome. Tell your sister I said good luck. smiley

(1) (Reply)

AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment - 27 Jan, 2016 / Operations Supervisor And Sales Person Needed-ond Holders, Ikorodu / Vacancies For Thursday, March 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.