Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,881 members, 7,915,536 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:04 AM

Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation (31342 Views)

Osinbajo, Kyari Meet With Military Chiefs Behind Closed-Door / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by clevadani: 7:00am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Going by your record, you must be the most corrupt Nairalander. Your fondness of defending corrupt officials with twisted logic is legendary. Even Barcanista at his worst is not as bad!
You must be the most stupid nairalander for calling someone corrupt without any evidence to prove your claims.
Even after all the noise on media, Buhari is still setting up another EFCC panel after the blatant failure of the DSS and army's kangaroo panels.Dasuki has already told you he is ready for a public trial. If you claim to have your facts about the case bring it on then!!

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by mazzi: 7:06am On Nov 21, 2015
This is the news you get when ever buhari's popularity starts to go dwindle.is only a fool that will not know that some media houses have been paid in advance to keep white washing the image of this administration.where is the money elrufia earlier told us some former ministers pledge to return? Nigerian make una dey ask question and mopping like awo(frog).

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by handie(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

Rotimi Amaechi was indicted by a judicial panel who were even ready to proceed to court with all their facts but the Buhari government has been protecting him. Buhari however has nothing on Dasuki, and has been running around setting up one kangaroo panel after another all in attempt to manufacture any evidence against him
Oh! How about Dasuki that an interim report of a presidential panel indicates that he has questions to answer? U weren't alive when Rotimi Amaechi went to d House of Senate with a copy of d supposed white paper and challenged dem to point out anywhere he was indicted by this panel? What about ur darling Saraki who apparently committed fraud and perjury while filling his Assets declaration forms?

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by PassingShot(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

You must be the most stupid nairalander for calling someone corrupt without any evidence to prove your claims.
You're well known for your idiotic, stuupid and senseless defense of corrupt people. You're always the devil's advocate. You suck!

Done with you, dolt.

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by sammyj: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2015
I would have tagged you as being silly if not for the respect I have for old people like you grin tongue. However, just because the past clueless president decided to come out publicly to deny the allegation does not make it true. Let provide fact to his claims. I rest my case!!! cool cool .
chukwudi44:

You are just plain stupid!!! If indeed Buhari has enough evidence why is Dasuki and other service chiefs so indicted not yet in court? All we have been reading in the last few days is "this source, that source" !!! Haba for how long? If you think Dasuki or anyone has stolen government money, take them to court!!!.

In all these reports, we are yet to see any concrete proof to back up all this speculations!! Dasuki might have stolen money but until you can prove it just STFU.

The useless army panel claimed GEJ spent $2.2 billion on arms procurement, the man has come out publicly to refute that report and the panel hasn't responded to that refuttal. GEJ even said it wasn't possible to spend that huge amount on arms procurement alone,

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by mazzi: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2015
This is the news you will get when ever buhari popularity starts to go down.is only a fool that will not know that some media houses have been paid in advance to keep whitewashing the image of this administration.where is the money elrufia earlier told us some former ministers pledge to return? Nigerian make una dey ask question and st
op mopping like awo(fLog).

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2015
PassingShot:

You're well known for your idiotic, stuupid and senseless defense of corrupt people. You're always t g e devil's advocate. You suck!
And you are known for hounding political opponents and calling them corrupt without proof so kindly STFU

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by realjoker(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2015
A
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by PassingShot(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

And you are known for hounding political opponents and calling them corrupt without proof so kindly STFU
Oya, go to your Biafrat threads. You're not needed in threads talking about Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 21, 2015
sammyj:
I would have tagged you as being silly if not for the respect I have for old people like you grin tongue. However, just because the past clueless president decided to come out publicly to deny the allegation does not make it true. Let provide fact to his claims. I rest my case!!! cool cool .
The onus is on the kangaroo panel to substantiate it claims that GEJ spent $2.2 billions on arms procurement and not for GEJ to disprove anything. The burden of proof lies on the accuser BTW I do not care about your respect

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Oya, go to your Biafrat threads. You're not needed in threads talking about Nigeria.
Sorry dear but what is biafrat? Is that the name of your local village fraternity?
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by yomalex(m): 7:27am On Nov 21, 2015
Hmm nawa o
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by akwana: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

The onus is on the kangaroo panel to substantiate it claims that GEJ spent $2.2 billions on arms procurement and not for GEJ to disprove anything. The burden of proof lies on the accuser BTW I do not care about your respect

Onus ko anus ni.
See this iyammiri. What matter of Nigeria is of concern to you? Go and join ur Biafra people and protest in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by MyMouth(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2015
Jus thinking......, if Nigeria was China, or north korea, how would this guys be executed undecided
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2015
These are bunch of treacherous swines. Wasting the lives of their subordinates to fatten their pockets. posterity will judge them all.
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by erekoshe: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2015
PassingShot:

I had to quote you to pass a message across.

No doubt these people are corrupt and thieves...(unfortunately, so are all the politicians) But is it right for the government to continuously murder their names on the pages of newspapers they control? Dig, investigate and Drag them to court, if they're guilty, jail them.

APC is in power, investigate, prove in courts or panels and prosecute.. The propaganda and rants on newspaper doesn't make sense to me.

I think APC is in power and still continue with her opposition tactics to soil people's name which isn't right. But again, in Nigeria abnormal is the new normal.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by seunkeji5(f): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by komek(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2015
@OP, look at ur signature.

Source: Tinubu newspaper the nation

Names mentioned: Only Dansuki others are Top Nigerians without a name. 2 Isrealis with out names.
Nigerian journalists are really in a sorry state. They are losing respect and regard on daily basis because of the type of one sided report they give just to satisfy their pay masters...SMH
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Emokai3(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2015
Lies every where..this government has noting offer
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2015
all the monies recovered should be used to better the lives of Nigerians unlike ABACHA loot
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by MrDavidson: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2015
I hope this government will bring to pass shortly, its promise to make corrupt people an example for others to learn from. I'm (im)patiently awaiting many so-called bigwigs of former Service Chiefs, Govs, ministers, current Senators, etc - having 'small' jail terms of 25 years and above.
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Frankiss44(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2015
Another news to keep fools praising this clueless government for 2 weeks while the country is in shambles...

Soon the ex service chiefs will come out to deny this... Anyway, they don't even need to deny it as no name was mentioned

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by Adminisher: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

You are just plain stupid!!! If indeed Buhari has enough evidence why is Dasuki and other service chiefs so indicted not yet in court? All we have been reading in the last few days is "this source, that source" !!! Haba for how long? If you think Dasuki or anyone has stolen government money, take them to court!!!.

In all these reports, we are yet to see any concrete proof to back up all this speculations!! Dasuki might have stolen money but until you can prove it just STFU.

The useless army panel claimed GEJ spent $2.2 billion on arms procurement, the man has come out publicly to refute that report and the panel hasn't responded to that refuttal. GEJ even said it wasn't possible to spend that huge amount on arms procurement alone,

GEJ was either lying or completely clueless about what was happening under his regime. There was an annual budget of close to N1trillion ($6bn) per annum on defence and security, actually expenditure was almost double that if you include soldiers allowances , fuel for operations , payment of mercenaries etc.can
The allegation was referring to capital expenditure going over several months. We apparently did not get deliveries for most of them. A procurement of second Alpha jets alonemail was going to cost Nigeria N 460million through Arthur Eze. A lot of people commenting on Nairaland don't know what is happening in government or have not worked before in a big institution so over simplification is a rule rather than the exception.
At a time during the Boko Haram war , the pressure was so much I think Jonathan and his security team just decided to start chopping money. Everything will be recovered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by PassingShot(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2015
erekoshe:

I had to quote you to pass a message across.

No doubt these people are corrupt and thieves...(unfortunately, so are all the politicians) But is it right for the government to continuously murder their names on the pages of newspapers they control? Dig, investigate and Drag them to court, if they're guilty, jail them.

APC is in power, investigate, prove in courts or panels and prosecute.. The propaganda and rants on newspaper doesn't make sense to me.

I think APC is in power and still continue with her opposition tactics to soil people's name which isn't right. But again, in Nigeria abnormal is the new normal.
You're wrong! News media are in business for tge purpose of scooping news and so will do everything to unearth certain news and bring to the public domain. It's their business 24/7 of 365 days. And some news deliberately released by the government is necessary for people to understand the story behind some of their actions. For example, if the FG had not told us that Dasuki is prevented from traveling because of his other cases, many might still continue to sympathize with him and erroneously believe that he is being witch hunted.

Now that we know the govt has many other cases against him, his arrest has been ordered (even though it's deliberately not effected yet for some technical reasons), and soon he will be taken to court. So, no one is trying them on the pages of newspapers. For the enlightened, they know that it takes huge amount of time to put evidences together before someone is taken to court. If not properly done, you'll lose your cases and nothing you can do thereafter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by biotechshola(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

Rotimi Amaechi was indicted by a judicial panel who were even ready to proceed to court with all their facts but the Buhari government has been protecting him. Buhari however has nothing on Dasuki, and has been running around setting up one kangaroo panel after another all in attempt to manufacture any evidence against him

thank God av met wt a many igbos, if not av u av tot an average igbo man is corrupt minded nd an enemy if progress cos dat just wat u represent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by thundafire: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2015
then bring him 2 book nt reading information of hear say,credible source nd i trust na sahara news dy give una information sai dullard is goin 2 Iran 2 stabilise gas y BH is still a disease a,developed country leader will nt embark on such journey rather 2 stay nd put things in order at home dts y dy have representative i weep 4 nigeria
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by dokunbam(m): 8:23am On Nov 21, 2015
seawoman:
The wicked must not go unpunished.
Let justice prevail.

Yeah, let justice prevail. Its may be slow but we will get there.

They have to nail them with enough evidence in court, else they will fight back.

Make dem gather enough evidence before going to court oo
Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by biotechshola(m): 8:23am On Nov 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

thank God av met wt many igbos, if not i wud av tot dat an average igbo man is corrupt minded nd an enemy of progress cos dat is just wat u represent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation by gabbytabby: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2015
handie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/arms-deal-ex-military-chiefs-offer-to-refund-contract-sums/

what is it with this jewish/isreali connection in countries crippling fraud. UK, USA, West indies, Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Receives Dele Momodu In His Office In Abuja (photos) / 60th Independence Speech: Buhari Makes U-Turn, To Deliver Address Via Broadcast / Support My Father - Tinubu’s Daughter, Folashade Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.