Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,186 members, 7,916,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators (30233 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / Militants Back Pro-biafra Agitators, Give FG June 3 Ultimatum: PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ArodeTsolaye: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Shit -eating bird must you disrespect or abuse your elders all the time ? To me, this is the great tragedy of the Igbo race . Well i wish you luck in the pursuit of your neverland Biafra !

But why are you more interested in Biafra when hunger is imminently looming in Osogbo. Aregbe has told your parents to prepare for hunger as he can no longer pay the N18,000 wage, instead of brainstorming on what they'll eat in oduduwaland, you are here breaking hard anti-Biafra palm kernels. Misplaced priority! grin

5 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 22, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=13pt] This is always the problem of the Igbo race. Many of our leaders are sell-outs, each only after his own pocket. You will never see the the Ooni of Ife, Olubadan of Ibadan or Alaafin of Oyo condemn the activities of the Oodua Peoples Congress as long as the activities remain peaceful.
The Sultan of Sokoto has never reprimanded the Arewa Forum, even in their occasional maniacal ranting.
A member of the Boko Haram was seen in the house of Sen. Ali Ndume. What happened to the case? Nothing
Today, Rochas Okorocha is grovelling for the favour of Northerners at the expense of his own people.

IPOB doesn't want war. Only weapon manufacturers ever want war.. All we want is a fair chance at self-expression and progress

I weep for my brothers cry cry
[/size]

What dyu expect from a tribe of sellouts a tribe that worships money, all the leaders don't support biafra , ego is better than biafra.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Did he really say all that!? shocked
I doubt let's watch and see
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by alcuin(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2015
rusher14:

Perhaps experience has taught him a lesson many out of exuberance and adventure cannot understand.

Perhaps he is a lover of humanity who can only see the good in his fellow man regardless of ethnicity, colour or creed.

This disunity you feel so much today has only grown in the last few years.

Perhaps democracy, mobile phones and social media have rather than unified us given us the spirit of discord.

We the youth need to come together in peace and harmony.

There is strength in diversity.

Of course, he is.

As a Grand Master of Freemasonry in Nigeria. He must have learnt compassion and the ecumenism of the human spirit. The basic tenet is a "Brotherhood of Man, under the Fatherhood of God" .

We are all brothers as human. Division is illusory.

Thanks.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by cheruv: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2015
ikechu1278:

A king not listening to the need of his people but rather the need of those that hate him is a big fat f00l. A saboteur. Quote me anyday
You're not talking to an Igbo...that rusher guy is Ofei' undecided
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by gretblue: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Bianunu

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by thoth: 7:24am On Nov 22, 2015
I knew them quite well and i have witnessed an actual sabotage from these guys during the MASSOB era though i have always known their stance with the igbos from buying my first plot in onitsha from an indigene in 1987. Its better they feel discord and achieve their aims rather than having all their efforts sabotaged all in the prospect of friendship which never existed in the first place.
persius555:
You are breeding seed of discord among the igbos. I am very sure that every onitsha man that reads this post will not find your comment pleasing.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Kyase:
The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation ofthe entire south-east regionfrom Nigeria.The condemnation came on the heels of agitations and protests for Biafra nation across parts of the country, especially as the protesters clamoured for the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who had been in detention since October.Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession from the rest of Nigeria.He said that such agitation would only amount to violating the constitution ofthe country and the principles of democracy.The traditional ruler reminded the pro Biafra agitators of the inherent dangers involved in their action, emphasising that Nigeria remained a united and indivisible country irrespective of the numerous challenges.He urged them to channel all their grievances to their elected representatives in the National Assembly for consideration, rather than embarking on violent protests that could result into breakdown of law and order in the region.- TodayNG

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-pro-biafra-agitators.145036/

Obi of Onitsha is mad, stup!d, and mu-mu. Give them Biafra or death.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 22, 2015
AdaNri1:
Nonsense. The only thing I condemn is the violence and protest that has been attributed to IPOB. A group of people can decide if they want to be together in a country or not. If Britain agreed for Scotland to have a referendum on independence why should it be denied people in the south east if that's what they want. Give them referendum and if they vote to go it's goodbye Nigeria. I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yourubas have for Igbos. If this much hatred exists then it's folly to want to share a country.
I can understand a Ghanian's hatred for a Nigerian, at least they don't share a country but hating on a fellow Nigerian because of tribe is confounding.
shut the Bleep up. dont they have representatives in the government? why cant they move the motion? if your senators, rep and governors move the motion the the federal government will know that you people are serious not some tout gathering and causing trouble around.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 22, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=13pt] This is always the problem of the Igbo race. Many of our leaders are sell-outs, each only after his own pocket. You will never see the the Ooni of Ife, Olubadan of Ibadan or Alaafin of Oyo condemn the activities of the Oodua Peoples Congress as long as the activities remain peaceful.
The Sultan of Sokoto has never reprimanded the Arewa Forum, even in their occasional maniacal ranting.
A member of the Boko Haram was seen in the house of Sen. Ali Ndume. What happened to the case? Nothing
Today, Rochas Okorocha is grovelling for the favour of Northerners at the expense of his own people.

IPOB doesn't want war. Only weapon manufacturers ever want war.. All we want is a fair chance at self-expression and progress

I weep for my brothers cry cry
[/size]
shut the Bleep up. OPC is not an antic government group, it is not a violence group like urs,let that stick to your skull. dont compare you people to OPC

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ExInferis(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
like his northern collegues; he supports them secretly and opposes them publicly..

Are you nuts?!

Who the hell in the north supports biafra?

We quashed it before, and we'll do it again.

Idle girl.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Talking about voting for a presidential candidate from my region,don't forget that Nigeria is designed by the British and military to favor the North.With their 19 States and our 5 States,I don't see an Easterner becoming a president of Nigeria and that's not my problem.My only problem is freedom.
12inches1:

Even here in the U.S, there is "hatred" or "competition" among the various tribes (latino americans,blacks, those from the south, immigrant americans etc) If America can still manage to survive as one great country despite the diversity which even seems to exceed that in Nigeria in my view, then Nigeria can certainly survive. Igbos should be wise and position themselves for the next election rather than breaking bonds and alliances that could help to win elections. That is what is called politics and democracy. Soon 4 years will come and with all the endless agitation from your region, you will expect Yorubas or Hausas or middle beltans to vote for a presidential candidate from your region.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Abugab(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, I hope this Igwe of a guy is not intellectually handicapped. In fact, the constitution guarantees the freedom of expression. In addition, agitation for self-determination is a vassal of democracy which Nigerian constitution upholds.

The Igwe made reference to the constitution based on the way and manner they are going about the protests. Self determination is everyone's right but using the right channel and approach is what the Igwe is saying. He advised them to use their elected representatives and not by violent protests.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 22, 2015
This Boko Haram ravaged almajiri is even talking.Dirty things!
ExInferis:

Are you nuts?!

Who the hell in the north supports biafra?

We quashed it before, and we'll do it again.

Idle girl.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Ndmichaels(m): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2015
I'm a full-blooded Ibo;Imo state,to be exact.In as much as i don't support Biafra (yet) or their agitation whatsoever,i still decry this mode of 'eye-service'!
Believe it or not,this greedy fellow is just bent on what his pocket stands to gain from Nigeria! If not,what else do you expect from a south-easterner who has just been made a chancelor in an institution in the north?!
Ada abi Obi of Onitsha,we know a genuine fellow when we see one.
#F*cknPervert.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Delafruita(m): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2015
AdaNri1:
Nonsense. The only thing I condemn is the violence and protest that has been attributed to IPOB. A group of people can decide if they want to be together in a country or not. If Britain agreed for Scotland to have a referendum on independence why should it be denied people in the south east if that's what they want. Give them referendum and if they vote to go it's goodbye Nigeria. I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yourubas have for Igbos. If this much hatred exists then it's folly to want to share a country.
I can understand a Ghanian's hatred for a Nigerian, at least they don't share a country but hating on a fellow Nigerian because of tribe is confounding.
you people always quoting the Scottish referendum don't even understand how the united kingdom works.the Scots even though part of the united kingdom have their own seperate devolved government from that of England just like Wales and Northern ireland.scotland has always had its own unicameral legislature which makes most of its laws without any input from westminster.scotland has always elected a first minister who oversees the running of the country assisted by cabinet secretaries and ministers.Alex Salmond promised more jobs,better healthcare etc if Scots voted Yes for independence but a majority of Scots just couldn't see that to be true since the scottich government always has a wide range of powers to get those things done.just like the southeast states already have governors.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2015
AdaNri1:
I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yorubas have for Igbos.
So the saints called Igbos don't hate on other tribes abi. Clap 4 your-self.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ProudOlodo: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2015
AdaNri1:

If hatred from another tribe is ur excuse for Biafra, u need to stop being delusional. Biafra is not going to be a utopia where igbos are going to be living in absence of hatred from within...trust me. And u mentioning hatred for igbo like igbos are the only victims of such hatred is cheap and unfair. Igbos don't fare better at hating other tribes. Ask a yoruba or hausa person with similar experience and I bet the story wldnt be any different

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by poryby: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ExInferis(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2015
mykel231:
This Boko Haram ravaged almajiri is even talking.Dirty things!

smh undecided
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by stonemasonn: 11:54am On Nov 22, 2015
theshield:

hehehe the Obi of Onitsha is a Yoruba man grin
theshield:

hehehe the Obi of Onitsha is a Yoruba man
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Lawsa101(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
we igbo we are acephalous in nature ...no idiot can dictate for us....obi of onisha should go to hell....bcus he has soiled his hands with the zoo govt...but on thing is sure...biafra must come...no idiot can stop us....iseeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Lawsa101(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
we igbos we are acephalous in nature ...no idiot can dictate for us....obi of onisha should go to hell....bcus he has soiled his hands with the zoo govt...but one thing is sure...biafra must come...no idiot can stop us....iseeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by masseratti: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
AdaNri1:
Sorry we Yorubas don't hate Igbos or anyone but we pay back double if you turn against us,re read the threads where you think Yorubas hate Igbos and find out who cast the first stone.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by igboboy3(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
rahazaqa:
shut the Bleep up. OPC is not an antic government group, it is not a violence group like urs,let that stick to your skull. dont compare you people to OPC
OPC is an ethnic militia that is prone to violence. They are a group armed with weapons which is why they can claim defence contracts. Where have you read IPOB being violent? We are the ones being shot at by army and tear-gassed by police.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by InHim4Him(m): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
"Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession"

He that pays the Piper.................
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ODUBEZE: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Kyase:
The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation ofthe entire south-east regionfrom Nigeria.The condemnation came on the heels of agitations and protests for Biafra nation across parts of the country, especially as the protesters clamoured for the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who had been in detention since October.Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession from the rest of Nigeria.He said that such agitation would only amount to violating the constitution ofthe country and the principles of democracy.The traditional ruler reminded the pro Biafra agitators of the inherent dangers involved in their action, emphasising that Nigeria remained a united and indivisible country irrespective of the numerous challenges.He urged them to channel all their grievances to their elected representatives in the National Assembly for consideration, rather than embarking on violent protests that could result into breakdown of law and order in the region.- TodayNG

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-pro-biafra-agitators.145036/
What do you expect, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has just being employed! he is only doing the biddings of his paymasters!
---
Does he care about millions of youths who are unemployed?
---
Before now, I would have listened to his like but not anymore because as soon as money has exchanged hands, these people simply do not care about anyone but themselves!
---
The Lord himself will pick his MOSES for us until then, my fellow Biafrans you are OYO. Do what you know is best for you because these leaders simply do not care about U.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ProudOlodo: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Lawsa101:
we igbos we are acephalous in nature ...no idiot can dictate for us....obi of onisha should go to hell....bcus he has soiled his hands with the zoo govt...but one thing is sure...biafra must come...no idiot can stop us....iseeeeeeeeeeeee

Are u sure u know what that fully implies?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by step272: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Continue to hold Igbo's means that without Igbo's Nigeria is nothing and nothing more.why still begging for Igbo's not to go.why
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
masseratti:
Sorry we Yorubas don't hate Igbos or anyone but we pay back double if you turn against us,re read the threads where you think Yorubas hate Igbos and find out who cast the first stone.
yes, you don't hate igbos but everytime someone does something wrong you first of all find his tribe before determining if it was right or wrong. That's prejudice mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Explosions Reported In Kano! / Breaking News!!! Bomb Blast In Kasuwa *monday Market Maiduguri* / BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.