Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'? (1011 Views)

10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / Can Man Live Ethically And Morally Without The Guidance Of Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'? by lafile(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2006
Numbers 23:19 explicitly states that God can neither lie nor change His mind.

In 2Kings, God categorically told Hezekiah that He was going to die. However, Hezekiah prayed to God and God 'changed His mind' and gave Hezekiah 15 more years. Considering that it was during this 'extra time' that Hezekiah produced his heir Mannaseh [the worst King in the History of Judah] and entertained the babylonians [resulting in Gods resentment], why did God 'change His mind'? was this not contrary to Numbers 23:19? help me out here.
Re: Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'? by TayoD(m): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2006
Hi lafile,

The scenario in 2 Kings 20 and the scripture in Numbers 23 aren't the same at all. The word REPENT in Numbers 23 means: to be sorry, console oneself, repent, regret, comfort, be comforted

On the other hand, God only informed Hezekiah what will happen to me from the sickness. It wasn't that God condemned him to die. Hezekiah did what he knew to do, Pray. God answered his prayer, healed him and ensure that he lived for another 15 years. This is my understanding of both scriptures and they do not appear to be intertwined at all.

(1) (Reply)

Why Union Bank? / What Is The Fate Of Rev. King / World Coming To An End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.