Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,877 members, 7,962,851 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Think Positive - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Think Positive (334 Views)

BREAKING: Nigerian University Workers End Positive Meeting With Govt‎; Strike C / Opinion Poll: Has ASUU Strike Yielded Any Positive Result? / Youth As An Agent Of Positive Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Think Positive by Tosdam(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
THINK POSITIVE

Positive thinking deals with good thinking, leads to logical and constructive planning. Positive mind is a healthy mind which envisages successful result. Its frequently reduces tension and breakdown nervous. Positive mind helps to fight “worry” which is the greatest enemy of man.

I recently had a spy on why poverty extremely sticks with the poor and makes them poorer. The poor live amidst or evolve round poverty because they give room for anxiety which create the questions “how will tomorrow be?” “Yesterday was bad; hope tomorrow is not at blink?” They quickly forget that there is no tomorrow, the future is today and nothing to worry about tomorrow. They ignore fighting for today; they careless and shut off about today and deeply worry of the day yet to witness. I have heard numerous of scholars talked about “tomorrow” and I can say Dale Carnegie was highly on track when he said “the best possible way to prepare for tomorrow is to concentrate with all your intelligence, all your enthusiasm, on doing today's work superbly today. That is the only possible way you can prepare for the future”.

The chief difference between positive thinking and negative thinking is the result. Negative thinking is the chief actor of hypertension, crime and poor health. I have heard report of students that commit suicide because they have carry over in their courses but I don’t believe until a comrade in the university looks into my eyes and tells me blatantly “I will commit suicide; my CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) is nothing to write home about”, initially, I felt it was a joke until she identified me in the usual manner “Bro. Tosin” have a look at the drug the doctor prescribes for me, I quickly used my pharmaceutical experience to glance through and it was Lexotan 3mg, I was shocked and nodded with pity. On that spot I concluded this is as result of negative thinking. She has cast her hope in certificate, she is worried of tomorrow and she has concluded within herself that all hope is lost.

Jesus Christ knew man’s mind when he said asks for daily bread. He knew man’s curiosity about tomorrow would bind him with tension. Thinking is the exercise of the brain and positive thinking does enhance positive result. Positive thinkers think on how to create, how to solve the problem of the negative thinkers and how to effect changes in their world. Negative thinkers never stop concluding “I will kill myself” “I will break bank to have money” “I won’t mind doing ritual” “It is impossible”, there result is crowned with impossibility.

Change your world; break yourself from the chain of thinking negative. Believe me, it is a negative thinking to think “Nigerian can never be a better place”, “I don’t think I can win just let me try”. Break yourself from the “world of can’t” and invest in “can” because life is not meant for cowards.

IYIOLA OLUWUTOSIN. D

(1) (Reply)

Print Your Project Or Report At N20/page! / How Can I Be More Grouded In My Courses In Medical School / Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital 2015/16 INTERNSHIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.