Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,034 members, 7,903,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary (1226 Views)

Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Shot Dead During Trump's Solidarity Rally(pics) / SHOCKING! Kogi Lawmakers Give Buhari Ultimatum, Request Immediate Action / Burial Of Pro-Biafra Shot Dead During Protest In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by tempest01(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
Modified: i was trying to look up the implication of Audu dying

Section 36 of the electoral act states that
(I)
If after the time for the delivery of nomination paper and before the commencement of the poll, a nominated candidate dies, the Chief National
Electoral Commissioner or the Resident Electoral Commissioner shall, being satisfied of the fact of the death, countermand the poll in which the deceased candidate was to participate and the Commission shall appoint some other convenient date for the election within 14 days.

I am not around to follow up events and wasn't aware audu voted today, so I edit this post.

From my understanding of the electoral act quoted above, the people of kogi Will be able to vote for A dead man during the supplementary elections.

As long as the election process started and he was still alive, he is a valid candidate. And he should still go into the supplementary.

If APC happens to win, his deputy should be sworn in.
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by merry02(m): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
Senseless thread...didnt u see him vote?

10 Likes

Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by StOla: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
I believe certain degrees of stupidity should be made a crime.

Was the candidate not seen to show up for accreditation and did he not vote on election day?
Audu is a Muslim, atleast I expect you are not too daft to comprehend why his burial is hurried as planned.

This is how idiots just go about propagating conspiracy theories with the hope of causing anarchy.

8 Likes

Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by gwmlogistic: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
Tempest or what do you call yourself, think before you type.
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by mazzi: 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
Is this a toilet roll(thread) or what? Didn't you see him vote?

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by tpiadotcom: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
hm
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by tempest01(m): 12:26am On Nov 23, 2015
gwmlogistic:
Tempest or what do you call yourself, think before you type.

There is a way to point out an error without being arrogant.

I am not in the country and wasn't aware he voted. I wrote that up based on information I had. It's modified now. Cheers.
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by tempest01(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2015
merry02:
Senseless thread...didnt u see him vote?

Modified....wasn't aware
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by tempest01(m): 12:33am On Nov 23, 2015
StOla:
I believe certain degrees of stupidity should be made a crime.

Was the candidate not seen to show up for accreditation and did he not vote on election day?
Audu is a Muslim, atleast I expect you are not too daft to comprehend why his burial is hurried as planned.

This is how idiots just go about propagating conspiracy theories with the hope of causing anarchy.

Stola....I gave my opinion with information I had then...would have taken your correction If not the insults.

Let me just refrain from replying you in the same manner
Re: Shocking: Kogi might vote the dead during supplementary by StOla: 12:45am On Nov 23, 2015
tempest01:

Stola....I gave my opinion with information I had then...would have taken your correction If not the insults.

Let me just refrain from replying you in the same manner

Noticed you've edited your post.

I was certainly pissed off with the original post, please ensure you have all information available before you make conjectures and hypotheses in the future. Information spreads like wild fire these days, especially false information. I thought you to be a deliberate mischief maker who was being economical with information, so as to deliberately pollute unsuspecting minds to react in a calculated manner.

Also elections in this part of the world have a tendency to easily transform into crisis if wrong information is put out there.

For my harsh words, I sincerely apologise.

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Finally Speaks On Biafra Agitation. / Buhari's Rejection Of Social Media Bill-The Intrigues.. / PPPRA Template Shows N6.45 Petrol Subsidy Despite Kachikwu’s Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.