Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning (48068 Views)

Eid-El-Kabir: FG Declares Friday & Monday As Public Holidays / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Tomorrow-Sahara Reporters / Echocho Concedes As Wada Wins Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by zudozz: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2015
na dat yellow teenager wey e go marry kill am.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by biafranrealson: 5:53am On Nov 23, 2015
What is d case of that little girl child he married few months ago. Na fresh widow be that ooo oya family boys over to una
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by hugafella(m): 5:54am On Nov 23, 2015
Oya oooo. I hope the virgins are being prepared. I heard dead Muslims keep blipping on the other side forever.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by graceadama3(f): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2015
so what will one gain in killing another? undecidedso what will one gain in killing another?
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by kaslaw: 6:11am On Nov 23, 2015
"politics in Nigeria is a do or die affair''_obj a country dat an incumbent will be saying I rather die than give power to elected. well to me this Audu of a man those not even looks healthy in the pics I have been seen of him. RIP to Prince audu
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by graceadama3(f): 6:19am On Nov 23, 2015
na wa o for my people in kogi o so una fit just end one life just because of politics[color=#770077]
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by ebira12345: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2015
All living things shall no d taste of dead, it's happen to b his turned may his soul R I P (amen)
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by stchinedu: 6:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Ayanko:
What God do not give, you can't have.
Gbam!!!
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by gidjah(m): 6:47am On Nov 23, 2015
Hmmmmmm we are nothing but pencil in the hands of the creator.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Ossai325(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2015
na wow oooo

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by juman(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2015
Really, the man died?

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Trioxocarbonate: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2015
Optional2:
huh!
7days 4 waitin na IsIs kill am even d pple wey Isis kill 4 paris no get more than 3days to mourning them. 7days mourning as if na wan kinda hero die.

Abegi

Announcement for Everyone
After d buriel there will b party to celebrate Late Prince A. Audu.

Plenty rice, Amala, obiyolo, okro soup, egusi soup, different drinks will b available cum nd rejoice wit d family of late Prince Abubakar Audu.
There will b waka well 4 all the student of KSU nd FPI 4 they are writing exam now nd wil b lazy to cook so cum nd eat for free. 4 d COE Ankpa student wen u resume after ur Teaching Practice u wil b given urs.

U are all invited.
Tnk u.

Will they be oburukutu (obioyolo okoliko), oje abasha kpe obobo okpeye?
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by juman(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2015
His death is lesson to all. Life is just touch and leave. All soul would surely die at their appointed time.

Anybody can die anytime.

Making account of our actions on earth is waiting for us after death.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by pmatiu: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2015
Wat do I av to say. After all my espectations if Prince become Governor. Rest in bossom of d Allah Adoja!!!
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by billyG(m): 7:11am On Nov 23, 2015
Busolami2015:

Cc lalasticlala

Compiled by :http://streetgist.com/abubakar-audu-to-be-buried-monday-as-wada-declares-7-day-mourning/
I suspect he stepped on a lethal charm laid specifically 4 him in his voting unit.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Ujupsy: 7:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Wait ooo just like that terrible things happening daily, when we lose site of the Almighty
wait oooo where the small girl that just hook up with him for money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by joeyekembele: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2015
gomina001:
Igala ppl bad sha sad

You had better reasoned before you talk. How would u make such a comment on a people? What makes d Igala bad? In what way are your people any better than the Igala?
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Jonwesley(m): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2015
What happens to his young wife, the 23 years old girl or so that he married? A widow at this age. Mbanu, kwa our ladies will not stop their nose from the smell of money. Sorry to the Igalas. RIP Audu.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by sharon395(f): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls o dey should not postpone my exams because of mourning o. Even if nah him establish ksu.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by billyG(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

Will they be oburukutu (obioyolo okoliko), oje abasha kpe obobo okpeye?
Agba oo!Oma attah igala!
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by yjgm(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2015
The constitutional brouhaha or imbroglio we have at hand is no doubt a curious one. Never in our history have we ever envisaged such to happen, but it has happened. Audu is gone in the midst of an inconclusive election.
Here though is the take of Festus Keyamo on the imbroglio and I know other legal luminaries will have different view on it.

Sunday, November 22, 2015.

PRESS STATEMENT ON THE REPORTED DEATH OF PRINCE ABUBAKAR AUDU AND THE LEGAL IMPLICATIONS.

The reported death today, Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, of the APC candidate in the Kogi State Governorship elections, Prince Abubakar Audu, is extremely shocking and sad. I would like to express my condolences to the entire family of Audu and to the people of Kogi State.

However, the real question agitating the minds of everybody is the legal implication regarding the inconclusive Governorship elections at the time of his demise. To state it correctly he was said to have died AFTER the announcement of the results by INEC and after INEC had declared the elections inconclusive. Admittedly, this is a strange and novel constitutional scenario. It has never happened in our constitutional history to the extent that when an election has been partially conducted (and not before or after the elections) a candidate dies. What then happens?

This is a hybrid situation between what happened in the case of Atiku Abubakar/Boni Haruna in 1999 and the provision of section 33 of the Electoral Act, 2010.

In the case of Atiku Abubakar/Boni Haruna [which is now a clear constitutional provision of section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended)] the Supreme Court held, in effect, that “if a person duly elected as Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with the approval of a simple majority of the house of Assembly of the State”.

In the case of section 33 of the Electoral Act 2010 it provides, in effect, that if a person has been duly nominated as a candidate of his party and he dies before the election then the political party has the right to replace him with another candidate and not necessarily the Deputy Governorship candidate.

Now, does the Kogi situation fit into section 181(1) of the Constitution as quoted above or section 33 of the Electoral Act mentioned above?

My simple position is that the Kogi situation fits more into section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and as such James Abiodun Faleke automatically becomes the governorship candidate of the APC. This is because even though the election in inconclusive, votes have been counted and allocated to Parties and candidates. As a result the joint ticket of Audu/Faleke has acquired some votes already. James Abiodun Faleke is as much entitled to those votes already counted as much as the late Abubakar Audu. He has a right to cling to those votes going into the supplementary election.

There is only one problem, though. Who nominates Faleke’s Deputy? Unlike section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution, he cannot approach the House of Assembly of the State to approve a nomination by him of a Deputy. This is because, in reality, he is not duly elected yet. Therefore it is only reasonable to conclude that it is APC (Faleke’s political party) that should submit the name of a fresh Deputy Governorship candidate to INEC for the supplementary election.

This is the only position in this situation that accords with reason and good sense.

FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
London, 9:40pm

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Ademusiwa1a: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2015
[size=38pt]May his soul rest in peace.

His heart bump too much blood because of the joy. Which is responsible for the blood coming from his mouth.

The valve of his heart most have given out causing the blood to flow to his month.

I will say. I believe from written what is said online, my conclusion is that he had previous history of heart high blood pressure , which was not treated.

He should have taken medication before the election.

Basically excessive bumping of blood by the heart was responsible for the blood coming out of his heart.and mouth

High blood pressure kills. And can cause brain damage and stroke.

He die of over joy

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by pus96: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by ransomed: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2015
flylykace:
Sources said he was vomiting blood at some stage, but was stabilised by doctors around him.

However his condition worsened this morning, culminating in a massive stroke.

His opponent at the polls, Idris Wada who is incumbent governor of the state has declared
seven days mourning for the late Audu.

They kills @ night and mourns in the morning
::-- Are you insinuating that African Remote Control (ARC) was used on him? Chineke! Politicians are wicked.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by aniblue(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2015
Its a sad news. This is what happen when the elderly ones refuses to give youths the chance in governance, politicians are always funny. At that age with his health condition, he should'nt be stressing himself. I see ppl trying to amend the electoral act in order to suit their interest.
R.I.P
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Kbs468(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2015
godoluwa:
muslims wit their funny rites, let them conduct autopsy on Audu corpse b4 dem go bury am
Ofcourse you are even funnier by not using God in your moniker as you use god instead to show respect to the IMMORTAL BEING. By the way, would an autopsy ever bring him back to life if conducted? If it were to be conducted and His death is proven to be through poisoning, from who would that have been? Or where you expecting him to dine and whine with the opposition camp during the electioneering period? Or would his Wifes and family be jealous of him becoming Governor , hence the poisoning? MKO Abiola of blessed memory, of what use is the result of the autopsy conducted on his corpse till date? Didn't that amount to waste of resources? Don't you know that it's this kind of comments that breeds fundamentalism because it amount to an insult on every muslim irrespective of age, status or gender? going by the use of the plural 'muslims'? Brother may GOD ALMIGHTY FORGIVE YOU because I know that christianity also acknowledge that 'THE LORD GIVETH AND THE LORD TAKETH' meaning GOD doesn't consult anyone before giving and before he takes
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by adeoba2008(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2015
Oluwa! Ogo de emi pin ma ma je o to si mi ati gbogbo nairalander patapata to nfe temi.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2015
yjgm:
The constitutional brouhaha or imbroglio we have at hand is no doubt a curious one. Never in our history have we ever envisaged such to happen, but it has happened. Audu is gone in the midst of an inconclusive election.
Here though is the take of Festus Keyamo on the imbroglio and I know other legal luminaries will have different view on it.

PRESS STATEMENT ON THE REPORTED DEATH OF PRINCE ABUBAKAR AUDU AND THE LEGAL IMPLICATIONS.

The reported death today, Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, of the APC candidate in the Kogi State Governorship elections, Prince Abubakar Audu, is extremely shocking and sad. I would like to express my condolences to the entire family of Audu and to the people of Kogi State.

However, the real question agitating the minds of everybody is the legal implication regarding the inconclusive Governorship elections at the time of his demise. To state it correctly he was said to have died AFTER the announcement of the results by INEC and after INEC had declared the elections inconclusive. Admittedly, this is a strange and novel constitutional scenario. It has never happened in our constitutional history to the extent that when an election has been partially conducted (and not before or after the elections) a candidate dies. What then happens?

This is a hybrid situation between what happened in the case of Atiku Abubakar/Boni Haruna in 1999 and the provision of section 33 of the Electoral Act, 2010.

In the case of Atiku Abubakar/Boni Haruna [which is now a clear constitutional provision of section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended)] the Supreme Court held, in effect, that “if a person duly elected as Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with the approval of a simple majority of the house of Assembly of the State”.

In the case of section 33 of the Electoral Act 2010 it provides, in effect, that if a person has been duly nominated as a candidate of his party and he dies before the election then the political party has the right to replace him with another candidate and not necessarily the Deputy Governorship candidate.

Now, does the Kogi situation fit into section 181(1) of the Constitution as quoted above or section 33 of the Electoral Act mentioned above?

My simple position is that the Kogi situation fits more into section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and as such James Abiodun Faleke automatically becomes the governorship candidate of the APC. This is because even though the election in inconclusive, votes have been counted and allocated to Parties and candidates. As a result the joint ticket of Audu/Faleke has acquired some votes already. James Abiodun Faleke is as much entitled to those votes already counted as much as the late Abubakar Audu. He has a right to cling to those votes going into the supplementary election.

There is only one problem, though. Who nominates Faleke’s Deputy? Unlike section 181(1) of the 1999 Constitution, he cannot approach the House of Assembly of the State to approve a nomination by him of a Deputy. This is because, in reality, he is not duly elected yet. Therefore it is only reasonable to conclude that it is APC (Faleke’s political party) that should submit the name of a fresh Deputy Governorship candidate to INEC for the supplementary election.

This is the only position in this situation that accords with reason and good sense.

FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
London, 9:40pm

Cc: Lalasticlala

This makes a lot of sense. I concur. They can't cancel d elections and start again. If they do, apc will demand for more time for campaigns, which will make d incumbent overstay as governor, which is a constitutional issue.

The constitution section 181 is more applicable here Dn d electoral act. Constitution deals wt "upon completion of elections", the electoral act deals wt "before d elections". Well in this situation d election was 80% completed so it tips d scale to d 181 side.
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by Herbeolar(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning by FOLLEY20(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2015
hijacke:
Strange
but real. It's just a step btw life & death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Blesses Artiste Who Was Arrested After His Return From Spain. Photos / Anambra Man Celebrates APGA Victory With His Fowl (Photo) / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.