Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,086 members, 7,919,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:53 AM

Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? (997 Views)

Video Of "Strange Ghost" At Entrance Of Synagogue Church Sent To TB Joshua / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews / Pastor Sent To Prison For Sleeping With Prophetess And Her Daughter (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by madjnr: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2015
was specifically sent the lost sheep of Israel only, so it seems the Bible is in contradiction with it self and that some Biblical authors wanted to evolve Jesus' character, let us read Matthew 15:24:
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
How more clear can it become? So the fact is Jesus said he sent to the lost sheep of Israel, not the world, so this is a problem the Christians have to settle.

'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 10:5-6) "
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2015
Christians, muslims, and those that believe in the true God are the sheep. The lost sheep are people like you that can never say a word without insulting people, I wonder if that's what your imam and sheikh teach you at jumaat.
You are not even near a real muslim. If given a chance, you Jihadist with what I have seen here will be a follower of Islamic State and their notions. Mark ma word.
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Scholar8200(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2015
madjnr:
was specifically sent the lost sheep of Israel only, so it seems the Bible is in contradiction with it self and that some Biblical authors wanted to evolve Jesus' character, let us read Matthew 15:24:
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
How more clear can it become? So the fact is Jesus said he sent to the lost sheep of Israel, not the world, so this is a problem the Christians have to settle.

'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 10:5-6) "

1. John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2. John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

3. John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

4. Luke 2:10,13,14
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

5. Genesis 22:18
and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
(God speaking to Abraham)

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by madjnr: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Scholar8200:

1. John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2. John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

3. John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

4. Luke 2:10,13,14
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

5. Genesis 22:18
and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
(God speaking to Abraham)
that's cunning... what you posted were not the word of Jesus... so it means there's a contradiction... while Jesus unequivocally said he was sent to the Jews you're quoting what other people said not Jesus himself
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
madjnr:
that's cunning... what you posted were not the word of Jesus... so it means there's a contradiction... [b]while Jesus unequivocally said he was sent to the Jews [/b]you're quoting what other people said not Jesus himself

This proves you don't know what you saying.

Jews practise Judaism and they worship yaweh. Their own prophet is Uzair.

Jesus is known to Christians. And he's our messiah coming again to save the world. And lead his children home. Jews do not pray to Jesus. Get your facts right.
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by madjnr: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
gimakon:

This proves you don't know what you saying.

Jews practise Judaism and they worship yaweh. Their own prophet is Uzair.

Jesus is known to Christians. And he's our messiah coming again to save the world. And lead his children home. Jews do not pray to Jesus. Get your facts right.
known to christian? Jesus has never even heard of the word Christian throughout his whole life... why don't you tell me where Jesus unequivocally said he's for the world not just the lost sheep

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
madjnr:

known to christian? Jesus has never even heard of the word Christian throughout his whole life... why don't you tell me where Jesus unequivocally said he's for the world not just the lost sheep

You say one thing and say another. Confusing yourself and others. Why wouldn't I say he's known to Christians. Allah for one I know, is worshipped by muslims
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Scholar8200(m): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
madjnr:
that's cunning... what you posted were not the word of Jesus... so it means there's a contradiction... while Jesus unequivocally said he was sent to the Jews you're quoting what other people said not Jesus himself

Go find out Who spoke in John 3:16 and John 10.

Besides Who is the Seed of Abraham that will be a Source of Blessing to all nations of the world (genesis 22:18)? And of course His ministry started with the Israelites but it was not to end there:

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem
Luke 24:5-47

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:11,12
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Scholar8200(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
madjnr:

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name[size=13pt] among all nations[/size], beginning at Jerusalem
Luke 24:45-47

Show us ONE verse where HE sent them to only Israel after His resurrection.
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by madjnr: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
Scholar8200:

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name[size=13pt] among all nations[/size], beginning at Jerusalem
Luke 24:45-47

Show us ONE verse where HE sent them to only Israel after His resurrection.
Re: Was Jesus Only Sent To The Jews? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
gimakon:

So you worship a Jewish reject?

(1) (Reply)

Is Paying Tithes Compulsory For Christians? / Unbelievable Church Sign Posts That Will Get You Loughing. (photo) / Operation Compel Them To Come 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.