Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,244 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:43 PM

Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! (971 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / South African President Commits Xenophobia Against An African Man (photo) / Breaking News Former President Is Boko Haram Backer – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2009
Embattled SKorean ex-president jumps to his death

… By JEAN H. LEE, Associated Press Writer Jean H. Lee, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 25 mins ago
SEOUL, South Korea – Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun — whose hard-won reputation as a corruption fighter was tarnished by bribery allegations that drew in his family and closest associates — jumped to his death Saturday while hiking in the mountains behind his rural home. He was 62.

After leaving his family a suicide note, Roh threw himself off a steep cliff around 6:40 a.m., police and lawyer Moon Jae-in said in the southern port city of Busan.

"I'm indebted to too many people. Too many people are suffering because of me," Roh wrote in the note left on his computer. "Don't be sorry; don't blame anybody. It's destiny." He asked to be cremated and a small gravestone erected in his hometown.

A self-taught lawyer who lifted himself out of poverty to reach the nation's highest office in 2003, Roh had prided himself on being a "clean" politician in a country with a long history of corruption. Recent allegations that he accepted $6 million in bribes from a Seoul businessman were deeply troubling to the ex-leader.

"I have no face to show to the people. I am sorry for disappointing you," an emotional Roh said last month before turning himself over to Seoul prosecutors who grilled him for 13 hours about the allegations.

His suicide — the first in South Korea by an ex-president — stunned the nation. South Koreans nationwide huddled around TV screens watching news broadcasts. Supporters flooded his Web site with condolences.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090523/ap_on_re_as/as_skorea_obit_roh
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2009
i wonder when past nigerian leaders will toe this line to show remorse. undecided
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by blacksta(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

i wonder when past nigerian leaders will toe this line to show remorse. undecided

Me self i wonder - makin them start jumpiung from zuma rock in abuja.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by olanajim(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2009
This is a bad news. I will not pray for corrupt Nigerian Leaders to jump into lagoon. We are unfortuntely empowering their progenies to have free access to the loot. Afterall Abacha dead in power, but his loot was left to his family to sustai them for life!

Let us wish or corrupt leaders good health and long live as long as it is spent behind the bar or in penury!
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by jimmysho(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2009
this is "medicine after death" his actionj can return the loot to the govt covers
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by AjaraEwuro: 3:59pm On May 23, 2009
start from yourself, for every bad thing you have done in this world, hit your head on the wall, lets see if you will be a living soul when you finish.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by lepashandi: 4:28pm On May 23, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

start from yourself, for every bad thing you have done in this world, hit your head on the wall, lets see if you will be a living soul when you finish.

Great point.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by desgiezd(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2009
Life had become unbearable and "too many people are suffering because of me," Roh wrote in a note found on his computer, police said. "What's left for me for the rest of my life is just to be a burden to others," his note said. "Don't be too sad. Aren't life and death both part of nature? Don't feel sorry. Don't blame anybody. It's destiny. "I feel ashamed before my fellow citizens. I am sorry for disappointing you,"

What a way to end a life that was lifted from rags to riches!! If only our looters leaders could always have this at the back of their minds. The holy scriptures say vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. This is a lesson for us all.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by Eziachi: 7:50pm On May 23, 2009
What a stupid man! Killing yourself because you are accused of corruption? When you should have moved to Nigeria, because in Nigeria you would have been given as many chieftaincy title you are willling to take and corrupt university chancellors will be sleeping on your doorway begging you to come and take as many doctorate as you wish. You will be one of the big board of trustee member of the PDP or open your own political party.
In your next life,ask God to to drop you in Nigeria. What a waste!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by asha80(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2009
Eziachi:

What a stupid man! Killing yourself because you are accused of corruption? When you should have moved to Nigeria, because in Nigeria you would have been given as many chieftaincy title you are willling to take and corrupt university chancellors will be sleeping on your doorway begging you to come and take as many doctorate as you wish. You will be one of the big board of trustee member of the PDP or open your own political party.
In your next life,ask God to to drop you in Nigeria. What a waste!!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by rasputinn(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2009
If corruption was viewed and punished in Nigeria the way it's done in South Korea and some other Asian countries,then so many former first ladies would be widows by now
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by chidichris(m): 11:20pm On May 23, 2009
when is obj jumping to his death?
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by blacksta(m): 11:45pm On May 23, 2009
chidichris:

highly unlikely.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2009
chidichris:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2009
chidichris:

He jumped and death rejected him grin
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by MrCrackles(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2009
Topic

shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by wagbaje: 10:09pm On May 25, 2009
na wow o, a man can be poor and yet be the candidate of Heaven. Now, where are you.
this man's death has been predicted before, go and check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVk5Byxojk
i promise you, it is very interesting  cool
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by vikiviko(m): 11:02pm On May 25, 2009
from all indications i think OBJ will make heaven, i saw a revelation , the man against all odds could make heaven ooohh.
smiley
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by wagbaje: 1:10pm On May 26, 2009
vikiviko:

from all indications i think OBJ will make heaven, i saw a revelation , the man against all odds could make heaven ooohh.
smiley

being poor does not mean that you have to commit corruption. God may take His time to answer your prayer in order to strengthen you for the challenges ahead, which you may not know cheesy so, it is a pitty for him to commit suiside sad terrible. why should we make our own heaven when God has provided a room for us there by His grace grin maybe that is not revelation that you saw but your sense-knowledge wink let us examine everything in the light of God's Word before we come to a hasty conclusion.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by sleekp1: 1:23pm On May 26, 2009
Knowing Babangida I think he would love to jump as long as a parachute was given to him, so he can descend like a messiah.
Re: Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2009
sleek_p:

Knowing Babangida I think he would love to jump as long as a parachute was given to him, so he can descend like a messiah.

grin grin grin grin grin grin LMAO

(1) (Reply)

Niger-delta Governor Should Stop Deceiving Themself And Look At Kano State / Your Top 5 Nigeria,s Public Enemies / What A Grand Plan, It Worked Out Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.