Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) (66904 Views)

Nigerian Awake Someone Somewhere Is Monitoring Your Calls. Photo Proof / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls / We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by solidifi: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nice one, but I don't believe it.

There's no way a guy addresses or calls his girl friend by her last name.
Instead it should have been 'Meg' and not 'hello'.

Think about it.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Oruemu:
Hiya! So sweet.
Yet ladies go say men ne dey try
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
hooged:
stop spreading wrong information

Thank you my brother. Google gave a different version
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by freshcvvs: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
This as since be proven to be an hoax, Don't just believe anything you see on the internet.

And you want me to believe what this one too said?
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by sagir1994(m): 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
that is not true... 'hello' is credited to Edison who misheard Alexander graham bell for 'Ahoy'. is a long story shaa
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:

And you want me to believe what this one too said?
Decode the sarcasm bro, We all know Abraham Lincoln didn't said that.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Dexema(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
pple should research well before posting anything on NL, well done and thanks for taking time out to debunk the hoax. @idrismusty
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by mohemos: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
This nar bigggggggggg lieeeeee, why people no dey research before them dey post rubbish.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by jackobi(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hmmmm....as from today its no longer "hello" from me but "Chidinma" smiley.....yeye no be small
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by oz4real83(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
hooged:
No. This is a popular hoax on internet.

Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876.

Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you."

The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:
Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.
u are 100percent right. I was about saying the same thing before I saw your comment so I just had to agree with u. Edison heasr wrongly and created a wrong impression. Most people still continue with that wrong history of "hello" when u can get the right info by simply google.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Visocrate(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
henceforth I will be using or saying Ngozi or Princess because that's her name I mean my would be . grin
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by RexTramadol1: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
In the last days.............people will invent new lies to suit their stupidity

The story doesn't follow @all

Only in the last days!
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by awesomet1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
allanphash7:
Pix

[size=28pt]HOAX[/size]
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by frob0genius(f): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
allanphash7:
Pix

Olodo... How can you post such and still call yourself educated? cry
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by freshcvvs: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Decode the sarcasm bro, We all know Abraham Lincoln didn't said that.

You meant"didn't say"?
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Segadem:
It means hell No grin

Chinese don't say hello, it's only some countries who follow British blindly that dhey do copy copy.
Perharps let's use as an experiment. For example I call and say Segadem bring my moni sharp sharp
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by OtreasureD(f): 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
Why Say 'hello' On Lifting The Telephone? by Officerricky (m ): 11:26am On May 09 , 2013 Nearly every person on this planet, irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, nationality, language, status or position in society on picking up a phone will first say ‘Hello.’ Have any of us ever wondered as to why we say ‘Hello’ on lifting a phone? It may be re-called that it was Alexander Graham Bell, who first invented the telephone way back in March, 1876. Was he then the person who first coined the word ‘Hello?’ There are no such records in history verifying that he was indeed the person to coin the word, and one also tends to wonder about that because the word ‘Hello’ has been used for ages, even when people met each other face-to-face. There is even a hoax mail circulating online about ‘Hello.’ It states that there was a girl called Margaret Hello and she was supposed to be the girlfriend of Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of telephone. And from her name the word originated. It goes on to add that in life we may forget the name of the great inventor Graham Bell but never that of his girlfriend, who was his true love. However, the fact is that Graham Bell never had a girlfriend name Margaret Hello; he had a wife whose name was Mable Hubbard Bell. And the sad irony was she could never be able to use a phone because she was deaf. Also in reality, the word used by Bell after inventing the telephone was Ahoy! It was actually Thomas Alva Edison who first used the word ‘Hello’ on mistakenly hearing a ‘Hullo.’ One finds the word "Hello" as an acceptable form of greeting between people of all levels and strata of society, whether it be your closest friend or the President of the United States or Queen of England or any ordinary person. It would still be an acceptable form of greeting either while talking face-to-face or after picking up a phone. Once this aspect of the word “Hello” was realized, people started to pick up on it and now it is just a custom and to a great extent an unconscious habit. Without a shred of doubt it can be said that "Hello" is the most common word used by every one world over, once they pick up the phone. You can even check for yourself and note this. Also next time, when your phone rings and you say a "Hello" do ponder over it, before you start a conversation. Tring Tring Tring .... Hello...Hello.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by lawrenceunaa: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Old pics . were is ur sauce
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by professore(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nice to know this
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Foreign lie! If true, His name must be Graham Bell "Hi"
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kudos
Your brain and surfing net is passing knowledge
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by jamace(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
Wow! shocked shocked
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by anibirelawal(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
ireplacable:
interesting
super story.....
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
for real?
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by brainbox2014(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
We mostly digest what we see on the internet hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by donpap: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
And people actually blve dis scrap?
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by charlsecy(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
allanphash7:
Pix
That is not true...
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Candybob(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
This is the hand work of illuminati!
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by ZiggyMr(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Waow!!! Fantastic
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Lovine: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
We say 'OUI' we) hallo
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by greatsodade(m): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Findings shows this: Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876. Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you." The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Was "Hello" the name of Alexander Graham Bell's wife?
Re-Ask

This is a popular hoax on internet.

Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876.

Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you."

The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:
Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.

Here are some interesting sources you may refer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/0...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Your Mtn Sim Eligible For Mtn N200 For 1gb / How To Add More Fonts To Infinix Devices / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.