Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,901 members, 7,952,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? (48973 Views)

Why Muslims Should Visit Cemeteries Regularly - Salihu Ajetunmobi / More Than 130 British Imams Refuse To Bury London Attackers / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by usermane(m): 2:39am On Nov 25, 2015
YakubuA:

The messenger of Allah pbuh was buried 2 days after he passed away. It took the Sahaba 2 days not 1 week to select the Khalifah and after that the messenger of Allah was buried. Under normal circumstance the maximum number of days burial can be delayed is 3 days as established by the consensus of the companions (Ijma'asSahab).

May Allah continue to guide us. Ameen.

Please present evidences from the Scriptures that 3 days is the limit to preserve a corpse before burial. We cannot accept a claim based on opinions(Ijma) of ancient fallible jurists.
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by andy48: 3:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Naff24:

Pls what's gonna be ur next line of action after getting the autopsy result
Is there any antidote to revives d deceased if at all he/she was poisoned
Tor... If there is no means to revives d deceased by any means, why don't you allow him/her to rest in peace
For inalillah wa hina ilaehi rojihun smiley

so if he was poisoned, because the autopsy will not bring him to life they should bury him like that and the killer will be on the loose killing more people why they kept burying them? In that case, you are suggesting that other Muslims killed by armed robbers, and kidnappers or whatever means should not be investigated since such investigation will not bring them back to life.
I've seen case of family that was wiped out by mistakenly eating poisonous mushroom and another family that drank water from poisonous well. It was autopsy that unravel the cause of their death and that prevented other neighbors from drinking water from same well, and harvesting that mushroom...though two separate cases. That is why autopsy is very necessary in some cases. it can save a community from perishing.
Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by usermane(m): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
sexxydiva:
I hv to accept this Islam oath because I want to comments I have bn following this thread from the beginning. I only comment because of you

May I ask you this question

@usermane what is your contributions to this thread instead you only Criticize the OP?

I am a Christian and I knw almost all what the OP said above

I don't believe you Muslims beha

Look, i am a very busy person, i don't have time to be exchanging PM. I am only willing to consider that if the OP is capable of independent research and rational reading of Islamic texts, i don't see that in someone who copy and paste flawed articles.
I am a rational and critical kind of Muslim and as i stated, my major issue with the OP is that she posted an article without clear references from the scriptures. Still, no where in my post did i sound rude or disrespectful to the OP.

Here are some of her claims.

1. It is prohibited to bury a corpse at night.
Here is evidence against this claim of hers:

Sahih al-Bukhari » Book of Funerals
Hadith 140

Aisha said, "I went to Abu Bakr (during his fatal illness) and he asked me, 'In how many garments was the Prophet (ﷺ) shrouded?' She replied, 'In three Suhuliya pieces of white cloth of cotton, and there was neither a shirt nor a turban among them.' Abu Bakr further asked her, 'On which day did the Prophet die?' She replied, 'He died on Monday.' He asked, 'What is today?' She replied, 'Today is Monday.' He added, 'I hope I shall die sometime between this morning and tonight.' Then he looked at a garment that he was wearing during his illness and it had some stains of affron. Then he said, 'Wash this garment of mine and add two more garments and shroud me in them.' I said, 'This is worn out.' He said, 'A living person has more right to wear new clothes than a dead one; the shroud is only for the body's pus.' He did not die till it was the night of Tuesday and was buried before the morning."

Reports abound from traditional Muslim books of Hadith that Muhammad was buried at night and his first daughter was buried at night as well. http://sunnah.com/urn/1803760

2. The OP claimed that delaying the burial to await anyone is not proper and the burial must be conducted immediatey.

Again, see for yourselves;

Shama'il Muhammadiyah » The Death Of Sayyidina Rasoolullah
It is narrated from Imaam Muhammad Al-Baaqir Radiyallahu 'Anhu that Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam passed away on Monday. This day and the day of Tuesday was spent in preparation for the burial. Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam was buried on that night. (The night between Tuesday and Wednesday) Sufyaan who is a narrator of this hadith says:
''Only this has been mentioned in the narration of Imaam Baaqir Radiyallahu 'Anhu''. In other narrations it is stated that in the later portion of the night the sound of spades were heard.

So if it is true that Muslim corpse must be buried without delay, why was Muhammd 's corpse burial delayed? What stopped his companions from burying him as soon as he died, what kind of preparation delayed his burial?

3. The OP claimed that the corpse must be buried where death befell the man andd must not be transported elsewhere

See, how much the OP contradict her own traditions.

Home » Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Funerals » Hadith 153
Abu Umamah bin Sahl bin Hunaif said:
"A poor woman in Al-Awali fell sick and the Prophet used to ask them about her. He said: 'If she dies, do not bury her until I have offered the funeral prayer for her. She died and they brought her to Al-Madinah after dark, and they found that the Messenger of Allah had gone to sleep. They did not like to wake him up, so they offered the funeral prayer for her and buried her in Baqi' Al-Gharqab. The next morning they came and the Messenger of Allah asked them about her. They said: 'She has been buried, O Messenger of Allah. We came to you and found you sleeping, and we did not like to wake you up.' He said: 'let's go.' He set out walking and they went with him and showed him her grave. The Messenger of Allah stood and they formed rows behind him, and he offered the funeral prayer for her, saying the Takbir four times."

We see clearly that this woman 's corpse was transported from her village Al-awali to the city, Medinah on instruction of Muhammad. She wasn't buried where she died and Muhammad was not concerned about this.

If it wasn't bad enough, the writer claimed that delaying the burial actually delays the bliss that await the dead if he lived a righteous life. To the writer, the dead cannot receive his reward till his corpse is buried. This is serious joke, what about those whose bodies were never buried, are they going to miss their reward because of this? I speak from verses of the scriptures(Quran 39:42 and 23:99-100), once a man is dead, there is no relationship or reconnection between his soul and body, the soul is taken to/by God and whether the corpse is buried at the instant of death or embalmed for years, it doesn't change anything. It has no effect on the man, soul or body.

Peace and Have faith

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by Souljaboi1: 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
HAH:
When Prophet mohammed pbuh died he was not buried until a successor khalifa was chosen among his disciple, the process of choosing his successor last one week

@aminat508 what do you say about the above

That is false.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم died on Monday and was buried on Wednesday. Abu Bakr was made Khalifah on Tuesday.

This can be found in the Hadeeth of Abu Bakrah who had accepted Islaam but was on his way to Madeenah when the Prophet died. He arrived Madeenah on Friday, four days after the Prophet had died.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? by drobadebayo: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / Sururat Bello Is Dead (Daughter Of Sheik Muhydeen Ajani Bello)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.