Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,123 members, 7,973,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:58 AM

Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa (785 Views)

Psquare - Bring It On (Official Video) Ft. Dave Scott / Reason Why Many Nigerian Artistes Shoot Their Videos In SA. / Naijarock "nepa Bring The Light" What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by RSA(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2009
Nigeria’s Asa hits all right notes
25 May 2009
Edward Tsumele

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Content
Africa Day to celebrate culture

Africa Day celebrations have come and gone with sterling performances from the Parlotones, Soweto Gospel Choir, Asa of Nigeria Awadi, Benin’s Gang’be, Gang of Instrumentals and Yuri da Cunha of Angola, who really had female fans under his spell.

Parents came along with their children in their thousands to celebrate the event, which was a resounding success.

Sponsored by the City of Joburg and the Department of Arts and Culture, new Minister of Arts and Culture Lulu Xingwana and her deputy Paul Mashatile joined the throng of revellers who celebrated the event by dancing the night away.

But the main drawcard appeared to be the Paris-based artist Asa – who enthralled the crowds with her socially conscious lyrics.

Some took advantage of the occasion to show off their outfits. Dianne Regisford, former M-Net corporate executive, lived up to the spirit of the event when she pitched up in attire that must have had South African designers thinking twice.

She and her partner’s outfits were something else. I was not quite sure whether she was trying to outdo everyone else when it comes to representing Africa.

Was it Rastafarian or what? It left me asking a lot of questions.

Anyway, she and her partner made a fashion statement and really managed to turn a lot of heads.

http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1006221
Re: Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by mbulela: 10:28am On May 25, 2009
Eish!!! i heard this show was the bomb.
respect to Asa for representing.
RSA, mfana!!! howzit?
howz Cape Town?
Re: Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by RSA(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2009
Cold,Ntwana!!! where you watching the Indian Premier League final in Joburg?the closing ceremony with Akon?Damn I wish I was in Jozi this week everything was happening there cry
Re: Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by mbulela: 10:46am On May 25, 2009
Jozi always rocks.
i am presently out of Mzansi at present but i am missing it big time.
nothing like the sistas.
you know what i mean
Re: Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by chrisical(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2009
Asa for real
Re: Asa Bring The House Down @africa Day Celebration In Sa by dammizz(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2009
Asa representin,
When is Asa releasing her next album? I cant wait o

(1) (Reply)

Vector: "freedom From Thirst" Now Everywhere! / An Album Or Selection, Which Do U Enjoy? / Fela Kuti On Broadway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.