Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,582 members, 7,937,653 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? (11450 Views)

Vacancy For Energy Officers - Walk-in Interview On 22nd And 23rd Sept, 2017 / Invited For An In Interview / Walk In Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by experimentist: 8:58pm On May 14, 2017
LastMumu:
Looks sure as hell influence applicants success in interviews. Since graduating from school, I have had close to 30 interviews but no job yet. I was bundled out of the last interview room because my interviewer claims I look like a thief. angry
30 interveiws and no job yet?! shocked Ah bwoy, your mumuism must be at a higher level. grin
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 14, 2017
If there is only one vacant space left in a company, then me and Aderola15 go apply
It is 120% sure that they would choose her over me grin grin grin

Gender matters, my broda!
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by monabass: 9:49pm On May 14, 2017
LastMumu:
Looks sure as hell influence applicants success in interviews. Since graduating from school, I have had close to 30 interviews but no job yet. I was bundled out of the last interview room because my interviewer claims I look like a thief. angry
Lwkm

1 Like

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 14, 2017
PaperLace:

Though generally, he says he prefers working with women and gave his reasons...
I prefer working with women too and I have my reasons.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 14, 2017
Emmaesty:

I know you are a Troll.

OMG! My cover has finally been blown open. I feel so empty and useless right now. I might probably deactivate this account now. shocked angry
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 14, 2017
Yes, most especially in my company, you must be fine, tall and good looking if u wana work in my company

1 Like

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by olafunny(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
Chukabiz1961:
Did anybody say you are ugly? Have you not heard about disabled people getting jobs? Just trust in God and do the right thing.
thank you
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by tigertail: 10:47pm On May 14, 2017
HZNjnr:
1. DOES LOOK OR GENDER HAVE...NOT ''HAS''

2. YES

Oga! you didn't not study your Concord in secondary school very well. He is correct. You use HAS for singular noun and Have for plural noun. Since he used OR, you treat them as Singular but if he had used AND you can treat them as plural by using HAVE. E.g Does look and Gender HAVE... (correct).
Does look or Gender HAS... (correct) but

Does look and gender HAS...(wrong).
Does look or Gender HAVE...(wrong).

I hope your pride will allow you to accept the correction. HAppy learning...

1 Like

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Originalsly: 12:05am On May 15, 2017
TMDavidWest:
Good English certainly does. And your topic is faulty.
Why not say what is faulty about the topic?
@topic. ... I'll say yes....right or wrong. .. the reality is looks is a major deciding factor. A pretty , curvy, ehmmm.... well blessed, natural light skinned young lady will 9/10 times be chosen over a dark one... all things being equal. But that shouldn't deter one from being confident in an interview. If the interviewers are really professional.... then the looks wouldn't matter much... personality will. My take.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Emmaesty(f): 6:45am On May 15, 2017
LastMumu:

OMG! My cover has finally been blown open. I feel so empty and useless right now. I might probably deactivate this account now. shocked angry
If you want to kill yourself, please find someone who will invite me for your burial.

We gotta have fun
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Laveda(f): 7:19am On May 15, 2017
LastMumu:

Hahaha gringrin
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Abdstrakt(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2017
Sadly it does.
I had an experience with a startup last year. 20+ people were invited for a sales position, a couple hours later after several interviews and tests, i and a girl made it to the last phase. Now, this girl's​ looks is A1. Tall, pretty and a yellow sisi.
We had to meet with co founders for the final interview. I was called in first, the interview was grueling and it lasted like 30mins and I'm pretty sure i did well. The girl didn't spend 3mins in there. I asked her why she came out so early, and she told me they just asked her 2 questions; Can we meet you? How much would you like us to pay you?
We exchanged numbers and left, she called a week later that she's been offered the job.

I was convinced there's no way in hell that her looks didn't play a pivotal role in her getting the job over me.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:41am On May 15, 2017
LastMumu:

hahahhaahhahahaha

damn

teary eyes

can't stop laughing
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2017
alexiej:
Does Look Or Gender HAVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE Anything To Do With Success In Interview?
kind of confused what is the correct thing to say
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by HZNjnr(m): 9:50pm On May 16, 2017
tigertail:

Oga! you didn't not study your Concord in secondary school very well. He is correct. You use HAS for singular noun and Have for plural noun. Since he used OR, you treat them as Singular but if he had used AND you can treat them as plural by using HAVE. E.g Does look and Gender HAVE... (correct).
Does look or Gender HAS... (correct) but

Does look and gender HAS...(wrong).
Does look or Gender HAVE...(wrong).

I hope your pride will allow you to accept the correction. HAppy learning...

U're a first class fool and an idiot. What concerns pride and my humble correction?

How can u use 'does' and 'has' in the name of concord? Ur English teacher needs to be caned in a public gathering
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by TMDavidWest(f): 9:24am On May 17, 2017
jayloms:

Hmmm... are we to understand there's another form of English - Bad English perhaps?

Should you require to be schooled on this matter, I will advise that you seek knowledge in some "good" books and/or online. Google will certainly come in helpful.
Do have a good day.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by jayloms: 10:06am On May 17, 2017
TMDavidWest:

Should you require to be schooled on this matter, I will advise that you seek knowledge in some "good" books and/or online. Google will certainly come in helpful.
Do have a good day.

How bout a direct schooling from you dear? I could send you a PM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Bans Payment For Recruitment Forms / Calapharm April 2018 Latest Recruitment (15 Positions) / Apply for Mega Graduate and Internship Positions at The Nigerian Army Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.