Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,374 members, 7,940,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help (2283 Views)

How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / Transfer Of Prepayment Metre / How Can I Recharge My Prepaid Metre Without Visiting Phcn Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help by babeface3: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
I have a prepaid metre and pay 2k every 2 weeks on just small freezer and 63 inch flatscreen tv. I use pressing iron occasionally and no more appliance. I have just 2 energy saving bulbs outside the house. I have averagely 12 hrs of light daily.

I have got an electrician to check if someone is tapping the electric energy but nothing of such. I have lodged complaint at the PHCN Abuja to not avail.

Worst of all, there is this freaking warning sound it makes just after some days of payment signalling low credit which is always waking my child from sleep. I tried disabling it but could not find how to do that.

Someone should advise me before I take legal action against these people.
Re: PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help by libertyfather(m): 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Whts you meter type? I guess you were given one for heavy machine user as in for industries ...how many unit do you get with 2k without paying the once a month fixed charge
Re: PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help by babeface3: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
98. 2 units 01470 . 00c/unit (excl)
libertyfather:
Whts you meter type? I guess you were given one for heavy machine user as in for industries ...how many unit do you get with 2k without paying the once a month fixed charge
Re: PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help by libertyfather(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
babeface3:
98. 2 units 01470 . 00c/unit (excl)

I guess it's ur meter type, you will see that on ur receipt maybe you are using more phase or whatever, mine is R2 single phase resident with that 2k without fixed charge i get 143unit used by 3flat with constant light it last us for like almost 2weeks....

Suggestion first check ur meters type it's on ur receipt if it's more that one phase that a part of the reason, and secondly maybe tariff is higher in ABJ than lag , if you use microwave, electric cooker those appliances mentioned use straw to zip your unit
Re: PHCN Abuja Prepaid Metre: Help by uboma(m): 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
@ op, sorry for passing through this ordeal.

To stop that noise it makes continously that signals your unit is low (from 30 and below), just press any number once on the metre and the noise will cease.

As for the fast depletion of your units, i will say thats how it is programmed.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Note 3 32gb Rom, 3gb Ram / iPhone 6s Plus 64GB 110k Firm - Silver **USA Pre-owned** **SOLD** / ✈✳✅2017 12gb Ram Hp Pavilion 15 Core I7 Touchsmart 1tb Hdd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.