Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,093 members, 7,890,604 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:49 PM

Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye (1024 Views)

PDP Will Bounce Back-Jonathan / Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Ijawman(m): 5:10am On May 26, 2009
Ajaokuta ‘ll soon bounce back - Adeboye

Johnson Babajide, Lokoja - 25.05.2009

The moribund Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Company, sited in Lokoja, Kogi State, received attention at the weekend, as the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, visited the place.

The cleric, who made reference to the $5 billion steel company established during the second republic without attention from the Federal Government, said he would give the company a priority in his prayers.

Adeboye said this in Lokoja, when he visited the state governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, assuring that the company would soon bounce back to life.

According to him, “I have just been briefed about the situation of Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Company in the state.

“Let me say that I am going to put it as a priority in my prayers and I am sure God will take control.”

He commended the state governor for his love and commitment to the growth and development of the state, while praying that his visit would mark a turning point in the history of the state.

Governor Idris eulo-gised the contributions of the cleric towards the development of the country and he described his visit, which coincided with the one-week seminar of bishops of Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), as a sign of divine visitation to the state.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/25052009/news/news11.html
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Ijawman(m): 5:14am On May 26, 2009
Is Adeboye looking for free spare parts for his aircraft? Someboby please tell him that air planes are made off of aluminum and not steel. His prayer will be a workless one because it is misdirected. He should instead be praying for spiritual intervention in Nigeria's overwhelming corruption (one of the reasons for Ajaokuta's moribund state), rather than this cheap publicity stunt. This one na ''ogbonge'' bishop.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by GettysBurg: 8:49am On May 26, 2009
Ijawman:

Is Adeboye looking for free spare parts for his aircraft? Someboby please tell him that air planes are made off of aluminum and not steel. His prayer will be a workless one because it is misdirected. He should instead be praying for spiritual intervention in Nigeria's overwhelming corruption (one of the reasons for Ajaokuta's moribund state), rather than this cheap publicity stunt. This one na ''ogbonge'' bishop.

What cheap publicity does Pastor Adeboye hope to derive from visiting poor kogi state? For a man with international acclaim, this is a ridiculous comment on your part.

With or without, he is currently Nigeria's greatest legend.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by hollandis(f): 9:15am On May 26, 2009
This is unbecoming of a "man of God".What is the spiritual implication of the steel industry.These so called pastors don't know when it is time to draw a divide between the spiritual things and earthly things.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by asha80(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2009
GettysBurg:

What cheap publicity does Pastor Adeboye hope to derive from visiting poor kogi state? For a man with international acclaim, this is a ridiculous comment on your part.

With or without, he is currently Nigeria's greatest legend.

Men nigerians have been really brainwashed.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by otokx(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2009
Some people like attention
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by romeo(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2009
asha 80:

Men nigerians have been really brainwashed.

Na Today?

The Pastor is a criminal!! what Ajaokuta needs is the right people to take over the place and not cheap publicity seeker that as it seems just woke up from sleep and saw that Ajaokuta has decayed and decided to talk to God about it!! He remembered Ajaokuta while enjoying with another corrupt politician. Please come to Enugu and pray for Coal corporation and the Nigeria Railway cheesy cheesy
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by AjaraEwuro: 11:59am On May 26, 2009
another stupid thread and comments.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by romeo(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

another stupid thread and comments.

Thank God you commented and your comment is really stupid
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by AjaraEwuro: 12:12pm On May 26, 2009
romeo:

Thank God you commented and your comment is really stupid

not as stupid as your butt hole which you honestly need to wipe with sand paper.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Ilelobola: 1:41pm On May 26, 2009
hollandis:

This is unbecoming of a "man of God".What is the spiritual implication of the steel industry.These so called pastors don't know when it is time to draw a divide between the spiritual things and earthly things.

I don't really have any comments with regards Pastor Adeboye's prediction however earthly (physical) things are a confirmation of the spiritual. If Ajaokuta works, people are employed, they spend money , poverty is reduced, economy improves etc.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by zmurda(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2009
gettysburg abi kil o nje.  tongue grin I take exception to you saying  Kogi State is poor. We are no less poor than the rest of Nigeria. The whole of Nigeria is a poor state (no puns here). cheesy
For your information he's not Nigeria's current greatest legend. I think it is a sad day for Nigeria when people like you start calling people who do no contribute anything to the common man's well being as the greatest legends we have. Its a pity we are not counting any scientists, activists, inventors or literary giants as legends. Thankfully a quick google check will return more names for Soyinka, Achebe, Emegweali or even Ribadu!
A seeker of publicity would seek publicity anywhere, irrespective of the state being 'poor' or not. I can only imagine the number of 'ghana-must-go' Adeboye would have loaded into the hull of his aircraft after prayers for the 'heathen' carpenter governor.
If its true he said the governor is doing a good work, then there is one of two things nay three things happening here:
1. He is ill informed about the state of Kogi State, where the governor and his cronies have been robbing the treasury empty.
2. He's deliberately lying to curry more favour from the governor (we all know aviation fuel is expensive!)
3. He has not consulted the Holy Spirit before he made that statement (or the Holy Spirit is no more talking to him)
I think its time this 'men of God' be told to concentrate on the gospel instead of fraternising with power!
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by bawomolo(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2009
Ilelobola:

I don't really have any comments with regards Pastor Adeboye's prediction however earthly (physical) things are a confirmation of the spiritual. If Ajaokuta works, people are employed, they spend money , poverty is reduced, economy improves etc.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Ajaokuta working but what we have here is Attention Whorism by "Daddy". The same guy who dines with corrupt politicians is having meaningless prayers and predictably vague prophecies.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by samorijack(m): 1:03am On May 27, 2009
Adeboye is even more of a politician than most PDP devotees. This man sure knows how to craft his public image! This is the same way he parleyed with OBJ for 8 years and enjoyed very many privileges, which meant he could . I'd bet his organisation has some business interest there. The church has silver an gold that's why it can't say rise up and walk. Dam shame this man's nothing but a cheap dupe, but I respect the hustle though.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by samorijack(m): 1:04am On May 27, 2009
Adeboye is even more of a politician than most PDP devotees. This man sure knows how to craft his public image! This is the same way he parleyed with OBJ for 8 years and enjoyed very many privileges, which meant he could not be objective about Obj's mis rule . I'd bet his organisation has some business interest there. The church has silver an gold that's why it can't say rise up and walk. Dam shame this man's nothing but a cheap dupe, but I respect the hustle though.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by samorijack(m): 1:05am On May 27, 2009
Adeboye is even more of a politician than most PDP devotees. This man sure knows how to craft his public image! This is the same way he parleyed with OBJ for 8 years and enjoyed very many privileges, which meant he could not be objective about Obj's mis rule . I'd bet his organisation has some business interest there. The church has silver an gold that's why it can't say rise up and walk. Dam shame this man's nothing but a cheap dupe, but I respect the hustle though.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by oderemo(m): 1:10am On May 27, 2009
nigerians nigerians why arth thou forsaken me.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Tudor3(m): 3:14am On May 27, 2009
He wants to put ajaokuta in his prayers?
What has his prayers done for this country?
Every goddamn month,they block the expressway praying for nigeria and this country gets worse by the minuite. The only prayer he's an expert is how to acquire a private jet.
Let him quit praying abeg.we're better off.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Abeem(m): 4:28am On May 27, 2009
These people by commission or omission are responsible for our backwardness and the unfortunate thing is that they have a large followership that is more or less docile. The followership will accept their words as law and swallow it hook, line and sinker. They never question the wisdom behind what they say.
How can somebody in his senses say that prayer is the antidote to cleaning the rot that is the Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Mill? Where was he when the Steel Mill was being pilfered and dismantled by the 'do or die politicians"? To be sure, we all need spiritual cleansing and the country is in need of much of it, but prayer should come after the building blocks of reconstruction, re-engineering and re-organization of the Mill have been put in place.
This simply reinforces the fact that Nigerians are always looking for easy way out. Hard work should not be sacrificed at the altar of prayer. Teacher, don't teach me non-sense.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by egin(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2009
I read this and my conclusion is that God is really very patient.
He created the world and gave all of us natural resources which others put to good use for the benefit of their people. What have we done with ours? The steel industry in India, Russia, United States does not prayers from pastors because they know what they want. Somebody please tell Nigeria pastors to stop abusing God.
Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2009
Ijawman:

Ijawman, it may interest you to know that my own private jet is made of WOOD.  All that is required for it to break the bondage of gravity and fly is for the craft to be blessed by a competent practitioner of Jujumotive Aerodynamics, such as Pastor Eunuch.

Piloting my TimberJet4 Interceptor, I have been able to conduct many night-time sorties to deliver missiles and prayer bombs on the heads of infidels with pinpoint precision, before returning safely to base to reload and refuel in preparation for more vicious attacks.

To become the proud owner of a private jet made of steel or even gold, Ijawman, you must first take all your life savings and hand the bag over to Pastor Eunuch for blessing and safe keeping.  Then you must beg for His forgiveness and PAY for his prayers, borrowing that money from a suitable creditor.

Re: Ajaokuta ‘ll Soon Bounce Back - Adeboye by Nobody: 6:16am On May 27, 2009
Jakumo:

Ijawman, it may interest you to know that my own private jet is made of WOOD.  All that is required for it to break the bondage of gravity and fly is for the craft to be blessed by a competent practitioner of Jujumotive Aerodynamics, such as Pastor Eunuch.

Piloting my TimberJet4 Interceptor, I have been able to conduct many night-time sorties to deliver missiles and prayer bombs on the heads of infidels with pinpoint precision, before returning safely to base to reload and refuel in preparation for more viscous attacks.

To become the proud owner of a private jet made of steel or even gold, Ijawman, you must first take all your life savings and hand the bag over to Pastor Eunuch for blessing and safe keeping.  Then you must beg for His forgiveness and PAY for his prayers, borrowing that money from a suitable creditor.

LOL. . .

(1) (Reply)

Villages Are Disappearing From Nigeria. / A Pz Nig Plc Factory Manager Shot Dead Along The Lagos-abeokuta Expressway / N364bn Fraud: Court Defers Ruling On Akingbola’s Bail Till August 30.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.