Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted (832 Views)

Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. / Military: New Chibok Girls Video ‘concocted’ Propaganda Tool / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by FreeGlobe(f): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has denied a report attributed to him extolling the virtues of a former governor of Lagos State and chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress, Bola Tinubu.

A recent online report had quoted Mr. Soyinka as admiring the former governor’s maturity and political sacrifice for “saving Nigeria from the danger of falling into one party state”.

The online report also quoted Mr. Soyinka as saying, among other things, that Mr. Tinubu had “nurtured many renowned national successors” and surrendered his ambition for President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Political juveniles believed that APC won because of the votes from the North. No!!!, APC’s victory was cemented the day Muhammadu Buhari and Asiwaju Tinubu resolved to work together,” the false report said.

According to the concocted report, the Nobel Laureate said, “Tinubu has the option of joining the PDP elites to hold us hostage for another decade but he gave his all to the masses to dethrone the elites.”

But Mr. Soyinka, a professor emeritus, in an e-mail sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday, refuted the entire report, saying he had never said what was attributed to him.

“It is difficult to prescribe for the sort of mind that finds itself so inadequate that it must foist its opinions on others, and with such confident sense of impunity. Kindly assist me in letting the public know that I am not in anyway connected with the publication that has just been forwarded to me…

“I can only yet again recommend my recent “occasional” publication – The Republic of Liars – to the public as a cautionary tract, while the growing population of victims await the routine descent of the full operational wrath of Internet policing on all impudent impersonators,” Mr. Soyinka said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193974-soyinka-denies-eulogizing-tinubu-says-tribute-concocted.html

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by FreeGlobe(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
arresa, aresa or whatever he calls himself must be behind that statement.. APC and lies are Siemens twins. Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by tafabaloo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ok now
Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by tafabaloo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
arresa, aresa or whatever he calls himself must be behind that statement.. APC and lies are Siemens twins. Lalasticlala

Olodo! Isn't it better to keep mum and watch than criticising unjustifiably?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by Tundenoni(m): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
No! It's Samsung twins.
Wayray!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by Mogidi: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
“I can only yet again recommend my recent “occasional” publication – [size=13pt]The Republic of Liars [/size]– to the public as a cautionary tract, while the growing population of victims await the routine descent of the full operational wrath of Internet policing on all impudent impersonators,” Mr. Soyinka said.

The Republic of Liar Mohammed indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by teeboila(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Siamese not Siemens
Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by kingdompropty: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
I didn't bother opening the said report talk less reading it. We are in an administration of 98% lies and 2% truth.

Lie Mohammed have taken lies to the next level.

Welcome to APC Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Eulogizing Tinubu, Says Tribute Concocted by PedroJP(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
What will it benefit them to use lies even amongst themselves. It is genetical, right from the father of all liars down to his descendants and it continues. No surprises

West and propaganda, i tire.

(1) (Reply)

Why APC Is Right On Kogi Politics! / Fuel Scarcity Will End In A Few Days – Lai Mohammed / The Nigeria Judiciary Cried Out Loud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.