Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,782 members, 7,930,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 03:05 AM

Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. (13597 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / Hilarious Conversation Between Lady & Guy That Broke Her Girlfriend's Heart / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by sistawoman: 5:13pm On May 26, 2009
izeek:

@sistawoman,
what if he suddenly hits the low after u decided to date him?
wud u up and leave then cos u reason for dating is mo longer there?

No because it could happen to me. Things happen all the time esp. in this ecnomic situation that we are in. But i dont think anyone that hits a low like that should be looking to get into a new r/s. Instead they should be focusing on building themselves back up. . . . .at least that is how I operate. But if we are already into a r/s then I already know what the circumstances are around his fall and as his woman, his backbone I am there to help him stand up again and get it moving. But if I find that he prefers to wallow in self pitty then I must move on because that type of behavior will only pull me down.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by SisiJinx: 5:15pm On May 26, 2009
NO! NO! NO! CAPITAL NOOOOOOOOOO!!! angry angry

I don't expect a guy to buy me stuff. . . in fact I abhor it coz it gives them this idea that they've bought you along with the stuff they got for you [size=5pt]useless cretins[/size]. . .but that's another story for another day.   cheesy

Anyway, as I was saying. . . don't buy me anything abeg but please please be able to hold your own.

That's all I ask and it ain't too much to ask, is it? grin
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Igwe9(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2009
y me:

if he his ready to stand up as a man , why not undecided
one thing i know for sure is that
life is gonna knock you down sometimes and that is okay
but what is not okay is if you let life keep you down

My darling y me is damn thoughtful ) smiley smiley
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by C2H5OH(f): 5:26pm On May 26, 2009
Nothing to offer? Why would anyone in his-her right senses marry persin wey get nuthin to offa?
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by PERVERT9: 6:50pm On May 26, 2009
The prik wey him dey give na nothing?abi you think say he dey easy to dig your kind borehole?abeg make we hear word jo
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by patwhizkid(f): 6:51pm On May 26, 2009
U don spoil
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by ammamat(f): 10:41am On May 27, 2009
@ Sistawoman, I feel you
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by ammamat(f): 10:44am On May 27, 2009
I don't expect a guy to buy me stuff
@ sisi Jink, i don't mean dating a guy becoz of what he posses, or to buy u stuff.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by ammamat(f): 10:50am On May 27, 2009
Ok see the difference now, the girl is 26 the guy is 29, the girl is working but she is not earning much, while the guy is not for now,

The girl try as she can to assist him , in giving him small cash as she can afford,
But can they both married
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by SisiJinx: 1:37pm On May 27, 2009
My response "I don't expect him to buy me stuff" was for those who think coz a girl won't go out with a guy who has nothing to offer, she is materialistic.

Like you said, it is not about what he possesses but come on. . .he gotta have something solid to stand right on.

Back on Topic
The scenario you just described still leaves many questions on answered. For instance, what is his attitude like? Is he working hard at getting a job or is he content with the hand me downs? Is there a sense of entitlement to his receiving?

Seriously, If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't marry him. . . just yet.

PS
It's Jinx not Jink wink
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 27, 2009
Can I date one. well, definitely.

CanI marry one? Hell to da no.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by bluespice(f): 1:45pm On May 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

NO! NO! NO! CAPITAL NOOOOOOOOOO!!! angry angry

I don't expect a guy to buy me stuff. . . in fact I abhor it coz it gives them this idea that they've bought you along with the stuff they got for you [size=5pt]useless cretins[/size]. . .but that's another story for another day. cheesy

Anyway, as I was saying. . . don't buy me anything abeg but please please be able to hold your own.

That's all I ask and it ain't too much to ask, is it? grin
this is my answer tongue
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by C2H5OH(f): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2009
Dating someone that has nothing to offer.  What a waste.  I wouldn't date anyone that doesn't have anything to offer me.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by PERVERT9: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

Dating someone that has nothing to offer. What a waste. I wouldn't date anyone that doesn't have anything to offer me.
especially prick grin
patwhizkid:

U don spoil
na wetin?abi your friends in the evil forest don dey disturb you? tongue
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by frank317: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2009
Mony Mony Mony, it is always all about what the guy can give. women!!! At the end of the day u allow your selves to be decived. every body wants mony and where he/she can be comfortable. But please if dont have anything to give, dont judge those who dont have.

NOTE: One broke woman is ten time worse than 5 broke men.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2009
My response "I don't expect him to buy me stuff" was for those who think coz a girl won't go out with a guy who has nothing to offer, she is materialistic.

Like you said, it is not about what he possesses but come on. . .he gotta have something solid to stand right on.

Back on Topic
The scenario you just described still leaves many questions on answered. For instance, what is his attitude like? Is he working hard at getting a job or is he content with the hand me downs? Is there a sense of entitlement to his receiving?

Seriously, If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't marry him. . . just yet.

PS

Couldn't agree more!!! Let me add to those questions . . .

How is his thinking faculty like?
How disciplined was/is he in and out of school and as a person?
Is he very very comfortable receiving from you?
Does he make a lot of promises he never fulfills; even the ones you did not send him to make?

Let no one deceive you that poor boys would treat you better. You will find the same category of men in the rich and in the poor.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2009
@Topic/ Poster.
Answer given by ibkaye. cool
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by lannre(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2009
Life will not tell you what you will get in future,you always seek and seek. Most Men are with their 2nd child and living happily when the Miss looking for Mr right then still searching. You better pray and belive. Not all that glitters are gold and not all gold glitters. It depends on how you view it.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Secretz(f): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2009
The question is a bit ambiguous. . . , . . . .

Nothing to offer? NO WAY!

Nothing to currently offer financially, then yes.

I'm afraid though, his age, circumstance, and background will definitely be my ultimate deciding factor in deciding whether that 'yes' would be a solid yes!

I don't need him to buy me things or anything like that, but would be nice to know that he can take care of himself. Don't really want him asking me for money or things either, especially things of no relevance in aiding him to get to a better place financially. grin
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by ammamat(f): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2009
@ secretz
I'm afraid though, his age, circumstance, and background will definitely be my ultimate deciding factor in deciding whether that 'yes' would be a solid yes,

As per bacground, according to him, nothing oh, his Dad na pastor, but poor and broke pastor, his age, as i was saying his 29 and as per before he was making it. but he had problem in his work place, i know he has the potentials if only he will use it well,

OTHER ASPECT HIS OKAY
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by amebono11: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2009
sorry but i definitely wouldnt date a guy with a torn trousers pocket and little coins falling off it

he shouldnt be too rich but atleast they should be sthg in there
call me materialistic, dont care
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Sasha009(f): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2009
To be honest with ya, No, I cant

I'm not materialistic or vain, but at this stage in my life. I don't need a 'Manny' that I can boss around, feed, and control. Men who are not doing well financially are either very lazy, procrastinators or not educated. I would not feel too comfortable with the relationship. I like men who re very independent, successful (equal as me or more) and very social-conscious. a man who has nothing to offer will always feel intimidated by you, sometimes jealous of you, and they will be too easy to control.
You truly cant choose whom you fall in love with, but in the first place, a guy who has nothing to offer wont be attractive to me. some men re lazy bums and they re only after women who have money or are successful. Cant be bothered!
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2009
everyone has something to offer, you just have to look pass the material image.
you can meet many men that are financially wealthy and yet have absolutely nothing to offer other than money.
yes, some people out here believe that money would make their lives better but money with no substance is worthless.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by argent(f): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ post

Yes as long as his having 'nothing to offer' is not due to laziness.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Doncharlie: 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
Rome,they say was not built in a day.
The true worth of a man is not what he is today
but what he will make himself to be in future
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by Kx: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2009
Assuming the question was " would u support ur sis dating a guy with little or no
education,no job and parents dependant',am sure the answer would be clearer.

Until u meet a guy dat does not take his life serious,u wont appreciate
what the line "nothing to offer" means.
I cant date a guy dat have nothing to offer if i were a girl.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by sistawoman: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2009
Doncharlie:

Rome,they say was not built in a day.
The true worth of a man is not what he is today
but what he will make himself to be in future

But at some point in your life that is just not good enough any more. You can get away with that before 25 maybe even up to 28 but after that it is not going to work anymore.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by chukz4real(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2009
Ladies, do you all also know that some ladies are potential hinderance to their guys success? Ok, there was this married man in Ph who was wallowing in poverty with his wife, 3 kids and 2 younger sisters. After about 2 years of being in this condition. The wife packed out of the house leaving every other person on board. Months later, d guy picked up an employment with SPDC. The woman now called beggin not to come back oooo, but to pay visits for the sake of her kids!

You care for another example?

A secondary school teacher of mine was dating one of my classmate when we were in SSS3. He was in his final year in the university then. He continued with this classmate of mine even after his NYSC. Every Nigerian undergraduate schooling in Nigeria always has it at the back of their mind to work within the oil sector after their youth service. Sorry enough, my teacher couldn't even find a groundnut oil company for that matter. He landed in one textile coy along Apapa/Oshodi expressway for as low as N7K a month.  The girl (then in one of the eastern polytechnic) took to her heels. Breakthrough came upon my man and we are currently working together in one Integrated Oil and Gas Plant. Though he sees himself not to be rich, but very comfortable.

Having nothing to offer today does not mean the will certainly not have tomorrow. My girl kept supporting me even when I had none, gives me money, encouragement, etc. Today, we are comfortable and by God' grace we are ok,though not rich! lipsrsealed.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by sistawoman: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
Again i state that is fine when you are young but at my age the man I would date, if i was still single, are older than me and should be established by then.

I have been there done that, stood by my first husband, brought him along, helped him build his career, helped him stand on his two feet and he was doing very very very well. We seperated and divorced, his career went to hell and he started dating a watress with no dreams or asperations now he works at home depot with no career in site.

A good woman will push her man to the moon but a lazy one will hold him back with her.

A good man will push his woman to the moon but a lazy one will her back.

If both are hard workers with dreams and motive they will both make it. But if you have a lazy partner they will just pull you down because dragging dead weight around will get to you in the end.

You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by chukz4real(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2009
Sasha009:

To be honest with ya, No, I cant

I'm not materialistic or vain, but at this stage in my life. I don't need a 'Manny' that I can boss around, feed, and control. Men who are not doing well financially are either very lazy, procrastinators or not educated. I would not feel too comfortable with the relationship. I like men who re very independent, successful (equal as me or more) and very social-conscious. a man who has nothing to offer will always feel intimidated by you, sometimes jealous of you, and they will be too easy to control.
You truly cant choose whom you fall in love with, but in the first place, a guy who has nothing to offer wont be attractive to me. some men re lazy bums and they re only after women who have money or are successful. Cant be bothered!

Well said. If any of u ladies here happens to be happily married to a guy who once had a lot, so much to offer and eventually has none for now. What happens? I know of many NNPC/KRPC retired guys that were living in luxury before they left service in 2004 with their wife' and kids shuttling overseas as if they are moving from Mile 2 to Iyana Isolo but today can hardly afford to put their jeeps on the road. Anyway, maybe they have a lil to offer u may say! lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by chukz4real(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2009
sistawoman:

Again i state that is fine when you are young but at my age the man I would date, if i was still single, are older than me and should be established by then.

I have been there done that, stood by my first husband, brought him along, helped him build his career, helped him stand on his two feet and he was doing very very very well. We seperated and divorced, his career went to hell and he started dating a watress with no dreams or asperations now he works at home depot with no career in site.

A good woman will push her man to the moon but a lazy one will hold him back with her.

A good man will push his woman to the moon but a lazy one will her back.

If both are hard workers with dreams and motive they will both make it. But if you have a lazy partner they will just pull you down because dragging dead weight around will get to you in the end.

You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.

Good one my dear. But who then is a good woman/man?
Re: Can U Date A Guy That Has Nothing To Offer. by tope5000: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2009
When i was young n studid-yes,lol but now its depends, if l know the guy has good prospect n very ambitious then yes i can but if he is just a lazy asshole, mba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex With Condom Or Sex Without Condom. Which Do U Practice Most??? / “when You Collect Good Preek, You’d Just Be Blushing Like An Idiot” - Lady Says / Something Bigger Than Love(true LIFE STORY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.