Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,295 members, 7,913,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:00 AM

If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward (793 Views)

Obiano Moves To Solve Electricity Problem, Signs $150m Power Deal / Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo / Solution To Electricity Problem In Nigeria. Take Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by dmark4real: 10:27am On May 26, 2009
Can't anything be done about the Power Problem in this Country?
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by blacksta(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2009
@ the title - Eureka Eureka I Have found it - what a great find.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by AjaraEwuro: 12:19pm On May 26, 2009
whats wrong with the title?
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by Kobojunkie: 12:22pm On May 26, 2009
@Poster, if you bothered to go through at least 3 pages of the politics forum, you would find it littered with topics such as this very one you have chosen to post on here. Why do we need another one of these questions asked? Why? If we say YES, are you going to CHANGE things? If WE say NO, what happens then?
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by dmark4real: 2:20pm On May 26, 2009
I believe we all need to be awaken about this (More than 6 decades problem) electricity. It is really eating the economy of this Great Country. Nevertheless, I suggest if corruption need to be takcled, then the EFCC should start from the PHCN. Nigeria sells power to almost 3-4 African neigbourhood but yet dont have to supply for 'HerSelf' What a pity. Noone knows where the money been collected from the African countries are used for, yet we suffer Transformer, Distributional and Generational Problems in the Power Sector.

The Technology Sector of this Country will Not only grow buy Collapse If the Power Problem is not solved.

All other Sector included. Nigerians let somebody Help!!! There's is Fire on the Mountain and Nobody seems to Help.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On May 26, 2009
@DMark, do you really believe that the present government is going to listen to you? Do you think, at this point, that they really care what you have to say? The reason I ask why the post is because it is obvious by now that we are likely never to get the yar adua government to listen to us and attend to the needs of the people as it ought to. So why do we continue to "PROFER SOLUTIONS" as if to say it is the case that the politicians have no clue what the solution to the many problems that plague that country, is.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by Horus(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2009
dmark4real:

Can't anything be done about the Power Problem in this Country?

Solar energy power is one of the solution, but this form of energy have to be developed by private investors only, not the gouvernment. Dont expect anything from the gouvernment.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by dmark4real: 7:54pm On May 26, 2009
The Solar Solution to the Present Problem. Yes! Solar energy is the next we need to think about abi? since knowone cares if nothing is done to the problem of this country Electricity. But not evrybody can affrod it. Prsently, there's a rumour that the Petrolleum Companies do Bribe PHCN so that there would be more patronage of petro and also that the business men that deals in the importation of Generators also do Bribe the PHCN for more patronage of Generators. When shall all this be stopped?. I think the EFCC need to ans the question.

All the Air Pollution

Noise Pollution

Queue in the filling stations for Fuel

High Prices of Goods and Services

Small Scale Business are Lamenting evry day

I can continue from now, For now Nigeria is Not the Giant of Africa.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by yeswecan(m): 9:09pm On May 26, 2009
Our retarded president complains of sleepless night due to power failure, yet he hasn't done anything about it.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by Jaylon(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2009
yeswecan:

Our retarded president complains of sleepless night due to power failure, yet he hasn't done anything about it.

He is too busy catering to the needs of the north; Yar'adua believes the last 8 years favored the south
heavily so his primary mission as president is to make up for the 'loss'.

While NIPP was put on hold, several power projects were approved for northern states. If i find
the web links, I will post them.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by asha80(m): 9:25pm On May 26, 2009
Jaylon:

He is too busy catering to the needs of the north; Yar'adua believes the last 8 years favored the south

While NIPP was put on hold, several power projects were approved for northern states. If i find

abeg post them.enough of being politically correct.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by MaiSuya(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2009
Jaylon:

Here we go again. . . anyway make I see your 'links' first
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by ModestSam(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2009
Why are you stating the obvious, my brother?
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On May 28, 2009
Jaylon:

if the above is remotely true, what have your senators been doing all this while? It seems the easiest thing to do is blame Yar adua for it all when we have elected members up there supposed to be working on ensuring the president can not get away with most of what he has been able to get away with so far.
Re: If Electricity Problem Is Not Solved. Nigeria Will Not Move Forward by bombay: 3:23am On May 28, 2009
By the end of the year most states in Nigeria will have constant power supply be patient.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scam: Two Held For Duping Man Of Rs 5l - Rebranding Edition / How Many People Think The Cbn Governor Is Rash In Decision Making? / Vp Orders Probe Of Nigeria’s Link To Aircraft Bomb Plot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.