Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,585 members, 7,914,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! (968 Views)

Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning / "No, Mend is Not Terrorist a Group " - EU. / Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by AjaraEwuro: 12:04pm On May 26, 2009
Seems Nigerians are happy at the activities of MEND over the years! Can someone explain to me what Nigerians are realy made of? A group is destroying the entire fabric of a nation of 120 million or more and all the people can do is to look on and agree to the activities of these few all in the name of fighting for their rights?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by lannre(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ Ajaraewuro

Ask what the Militants have given back from all the ransoms they have been collecting "on behalf" of their people. If try to fight injustice through illegal means,cant you brand it by making people happy. I am not justifying the negligence of the Government. But I believe Nigeria cant continue like this when some people will hide under fighting for justice and enrich themselves. Politician inclusive they are worse than the Militants.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2009
The reason is simple!
Nigerians are tired of Nigeria as is. They are tired of self serving politicians and Northern Oligarchs.
Anything that would change the status quo is welcome.
MEND is changing the status quo. They are proving that while the government oppresses the people, they can assist the people in oppressing the government!
Without question, the reason a MEND exists in the first place is because the federal government has failed on all fronts, be it security, justice, economics, management or whatever. The FG has failed. So MEND is a reaction to Government's failure.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by agabaI23(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
lannre:

@ Ajaraewuro

Ask what the Militants have given back from all the ransoms they have been collecting "on behalf" of their people. If try to fight injustice through illegal means,cant you brand it by making people happy. I am not justifying the negligence of the Government. But I believe Nigeria cant continue like this when some people will hide under fighting for justice and enrich themselves. Politician inclusive they are worse than the Militants.
The militants are sponsored by politicians who gain from their activities. Somewhere IBB was fingered as one of the backers. Even OBJ was hobnobing with them.[quote=http://progressnigeria..com/2009/06/niger-delta-how-fg-made-tompolo-obj.html#links]see here[/quote] and some other posts in nairaland here.

It boils down to our leaders destroying the country and they will stop at nothing to exploit system.

The MEND of a thing is actually a smokescreen. The main players are the big generals and politicians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by lannre(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2009
yes the Government has failed,agreed MEND can rescue the whole Nation by sincerity of purpose. Disassociate themselves from Militants and pursue their agitation by involving other groups.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by lannre(m): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ agaba123

You cant be far from being right. We need to tell Yar'Adua to stop telling us same,he should just go ahead and name them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by Litmus: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2009
AjaraEwuro wrote:

Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me!

Some are not Nigerians
Some not full Nigerians 
Some are Nigerians married to white people
Some opportunist (locust types) who benefit from African wars wherever it pops up

Some are ethnicists who would not be happy even if Nigeria prospered because what they really want is tribal homeland.
Some are genuine but misguide Deltan-Nigerians embolden by the negative tripe continually spewed out by some Nigerians in the diasporas.
Some are pan-Africanists who see Nigeria as a major obstacle to their vision of one Africa because many of their members are tribalistic Nigerians who use Pan-Africanism to disguise their agenda.

What Delta needs, are advocates to champion the idea of selecting the aria for federal government development. Moreover, a groundswell of opinion aimed at making Shell liable for damages to the environment. We in the Delta do not need militants. Even with the best intentions, militants can never bring about change for the better. If MEND is allowed to go on, in the next five years, they will start to rape women, kill old people and chop off the hands of children just as rebels did in Sierra Leone. When this occurs, those people crowing support so loudly now will not feel sorry or regret, instead they will turn around and say that the people of Delta deserved to have their women raped and the hands of their children chopped off because Deltans were too stupid too afraid to rise up and help MEND. If you doubt me, see how rabid they already are and how utterly drunk and irrational their mad statements.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by ifele(m): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2009
Litmus yu wrong. Yu dey say MEND go begin rape and murders becos das what yu wan dem to be doing.

Dem no rape or murder yet but yu wan them to start. Di truth be say na Nigerian Army and Navy weyy dey murder

and call am "collateral damage". Wat we need is MEND-style operating armed groups in SouthWest and East to

paralyse the oppressive Nigerian system. But the problem is FEAR people FEAR too much becos they believe they

gonna die not that they don kno how to fight but na FEAR catch dem. Wen we eliminate di FEAR things will be ok.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by davidif: 2:06am On Jun 12, 2009
Some are Nigerians married to white people

litmus,
what are you? a racist. what does marrying oyinbo have to do with the problem. Geez, instead of focusing on the problem at hand, you are focusing on people marrying oyinbo's. Just wonderful.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Happy That Mend Is Destroying The Country? This Baffles Me! by Bialegend(m): 2:10am On Jun 12, 2009
The only people in nigeria that are not supporting MEND are the Yorubas and the awusas, and it's no coindidence that they are the only benefactors from the sufferings of the people of the Niger Delta. The creator of this thread and the first poster are all Yorubas, so no surprise about their comments.

(1) (Reply)

At Last, Jonathan Is Acting President! •says, I’m Humbled By This Call To Duty / Yar’adua Loyalists Threaten To Kill…as Ministers Consider Invoking Section 144 / No Hope Again - Bizman Jumps Into Raging Fire, Dies In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.