Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,710 members, 7,972,620 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:25 PM

Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? (674 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Where Is Dimeji Bankole? / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? by pcicero(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2009
I am asking the above question against the backdrop of how he got into power. He was promoted by the 'integrity group' as an alternative to 'Ettehgate'. But has Dimeji actually lived up to his billings as a beacon of hope to the Nigerian youths who have been subdued by the gerontocrats? Remember his family background. His father has always been a part of the rot. No one has told us how he got (s)elected as a PDP candidate into the house when it was common knowledge that PDP rigged the Southwest in 2003.
I leave the rest to Nairalanders to debate
Re: Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? by moneygurl: 4:00am On May 28, 2009
Dimeji is quite popular in his area, so I can understand him winning the seat.

About him becoming the speaker , I don't think Dimeji himself knows. But it is well known that his father has a lot of Northern connection which were the leaders of the integrity group and he is close to some SW members of the house (e.g., Hon. Gbaja-AC Lagos State).

Here is an article, that "explains" how he got the speaker job

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/4549/1/Bankole-Does-he-want-to-be-governor/Page1.html
Re: Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? by tymoti(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2009
lets face it, anything PDP is not clean.
Re: Is Dimeji Bankole Really Clean? by sbo(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2009
To put it simple - the guy is a disappointment!

(1) (Reply)

Roads Are Abia's Recipe For Industrial, Agricultural Development / Does Kwara State Generate Her Own Electricity / Why Soludo Was Dropped –northern Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.