Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Do You Learn From This Conversation? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Learn From This Conversation? (595 Views)

Best Ways To Politely Shut Down A Conversation During Work Time / Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. / 4 Big Career Lessons Managers Can Learn From Mourinho And Chelsea Slump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Learn From This Conversation? by menzo4u: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
My article "Education beyond certificate" [https://www.nairaland.com/2765442/education-beyond-certificate] was posted on the frontpage today, and a particular guy challenged the area where I said "Most school dropouts make world's richest".

I couldn't reply him on what I actually meant, but someone replied on my behalf in a very inspiring way, which I think it's worth sharing.

Here is their conversation:

Horayce:

How did you reach this conclusion that dropouts make up the world's richest? That's untrue. Generally, entrepreneurs who go to college usually out-earn entrepreneurs without a college education. You also have to wonder why so called entrepreneur "dropouts" like to go to the best schools to pick the best students.

emmanuelewumi:

I guess, it is because the best students will definitely make the best employees.

What do you learn from this conversation?
Re: What Do You Learn From This Conversation? by sammyscholar(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2016
menzo4u:
My article "Education beyond certificate" [https://www.nairaland.com/2765442/education-beyond-certificate] was posted on the frontpage today, and a particular guy challenged the area where I said "Most school dropouts make world's richest".

I couldn't reply him on what I actually meant, but someone replied on my behalf in a very inspiring way, which I think it's worth sharing.

Here is their conversation:

What do you learn from this conversation?
Even a successful but not so educated entrepreneur would not employ uneducated fellow to a position that is better filled by learned person. Microsoft is the brain child of Bill Gate but would have gotten no where without the learned fellows as employees.

Drop outs? Why were they in school in the first place? Or what tells us that one cannot venture into business or follow his passion after his education? I will only take this serious when I see dropouts (bill gate, mack, et al) employing dropouts to run their businesses.

Last bullet:
That some of the droppers became successful after dropping from school is not enough ground to celebrate the act. Doing so is tantamount to celebrating indiscipline. You have all time to pursue any dream after your "four years in the four wall"

(1) (Reply)

2016 Techwomen Emerging Leaders Program For Women In Tech To Study In The USA / Bank Of America Merrylinch Summer Intenship Application / MTN Whatsapp Chat Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.