Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,531 members, 7,881,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

Black Friday Sales In Africa... Stupidity Or A Joke? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Black Friday Sales In Africa... Stupidity Or A Joke? (473 Views)

JOKE: When Bloggers Just Ate Noodles / .com.ng for N1,150 - Black Friday deals / What Are The Best Black Friday Deals 2017 For Bloggers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Friday Sales In Africa... Stupidity Or A Joke? by nayture(f): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Black Friday was supposed to be a big sales where every shops, e-commerce sites reduces their price to a 70 or 90% off.
Well the "Black Friday" sales started in the US since at least 1930s. Now many countries are joining in for the big event of the year...

e-commerce sites in Africa have joined the race of the Black Friday event, to give we Africans a good deal of 70 to 90% off of any purchases being made.

But the question here is; are they truly giving 90% off of purchase being made? or are they fooling their selves just to get traffic to their site?

Okay, i was excited about the Black Friday deal, so i waited for the D-day so i could buy an LG Home Theater system. On one of the top e-commerce site here in Nigeria, electronics was suppose to be 40% off. which means if the Home theater is worth 50,000 the 40% discount would make it 30,000, right?

But to my surprise, the site was selling the Home Theater 50,100. They added 100 to its normal sales... why would you sell the electronic for 50,100 naira when the actual price is 50,000 naira. Where is the discount added?

Now this got me wondering, is black Friday for real in Africa or is JUST another stupid way for the e-commerce sites to get more traffic?

Source: http://forum.onenaijablog.com/entertainment/black-friday-sales-in-africa-stupidity-or-a-joke/
Re: Black Friday Sales In Africa... Stupidity Or A Joke? by godzwilla: 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
There aint no black friday here in Nigeria!! Its a pathetic case of online shopping sites calling us fools, if not how else can you explain an item costing same or even more on a black friday as compared to other days. I guess the pathetic excuse they will come up with is that it was only fod selected items, well selected items my azz!!

(1) (Reply)

Vibergist.com Site For Sale (with Or Without Adsense) / Get A CHEAP World Class Business Website / ...........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.