Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,758 members, 7,979,600 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB (603 Views)

I Will Vote For An Igbo Presidency In 2019 – IBB Declares / PDP Must Win In 2019 - IBB / Babangida: "I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 If I Find One" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by holysina(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2015
Ibrahim Babangida, former military president, says he is ready to vote for an Igbo president in 2019. In a chat with The Interview, a magazine focused on leading professionals and politicians, IBB, as he is fondly called, described the agitation for Biafra republic as a distraction.
“We do not need this distraction now,”

he was quoted as saying, adding that, “I will vote for an Igbo president in 2019, if I find one.” He also revisited one of the most controversial issues involving him – the death of MKO Abiola, acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993 election. He said he recieved the news of his death with shock but without regret. Responding to the question whether he believed that Abiola died of natural causes, Babangida said:

“I should know? I didn’t serve the tea!”

According to Azu Ishiekwene, managing director of The Interview, the retired general also spoke on his relationship With President MuhammaduBuhari, Vasta Mamman, IBB’s childhood friend who was executed on his orders, and Sani Abacha, former military ruler. Ishiekwene said in the magazine, which will be out next week. Babangida was also said to have revealed how Orji Uzor Kalu, former governor of Abia state, arranged a meeting between him and Buhari in 2006.
“One thing you guys in the media want is for us to be exchanging words with each other each time we see,” he reportedly said. Ishiekwene added that “Babangida spoke on the two ‘most traumatic’ coups during his eight-year regime – the Mamman Vatsa and Gideon Orkar coups – revealing, for the first time, a meeting he had with Vatsa before his trial began. “The interview also covered Dele Giwa and the C130 Hercules plane crash in Ejigbo, which left 150 military officers dead.” A statement issued by Ishiekwene, revealed that Femi Falana, notable human rights lawyer, also spoke with The Interview. “In the same edition, frontline lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, spoke on why he was dropped from the ministerial list, while the new President of Mauritius, Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, gave African leaders some homework to do,” the statement read. “The edition also features interviews with leading South African Editor-In-Chief of City Press, Ferial Haffajee; young prodigy and Bill Gates scholar at Oxford, Ify Aniebo; and the D-G of NIMASA, Haruna Baba Jauro, with an extended version of Interview Confidential, the inside news in whispers.”

thecable.ng
SOURCE: http://www.afikpochicupdates.com/14286

Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by surestsam(m): 9:13am On Nov 29, 2015
we don hear
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by vanbonattel: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2015
Thank you for your magnanimous offer of "dashing" us your support, but the matter on the table is bigger than the Igbo presidency rubbish. Nigeria of today is so bastardized that every president of the country of will fail, like Buhari's current failures.

Push for restructuring of the country instead , instead of setting up an igbo man up for failure and then blaming him for every single problem of Nigeria, including the mismanagement of oil windfall during the first Gulf war grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by Samirana360(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2015
it's 2 late....IBB hold ur vote
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by hexy40: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2015
Hahahaha, will vote for igbo president if
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by morereb10: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2015
This ones are the owners of Nigeria

Make una they enjoy, am coming
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by tos4u(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2015
Tell IBB to do that in BIAFAUD, instead of him to beg God for long lyf......
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by salisy: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2015
Consider it waste of vote
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by benedictnsi(m): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2015
So what's special about your vote
Re: I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 – IBB by Mynd44: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2015

(1)

Kogi Apc Crisis Loading / Bayelsa: How PDP Plot To Rig Election 120million Voted For Civilian Coup. Tom / 11 Years After, Senate Urges Buhari To Reintroduce Toll Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.