Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,668 members, 7,979,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 04:42 AM

17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) (43928 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 01, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
You have no idea.I am not teasing you bros.When you wake up I'll be waiting.I need am pass Buhari no joke.Just give me the task.

Lol I'm no ritualistic naa so it's kinda hard to electronically dish out assignments.

I usually employ helps every now and then for short term contracts to monitor my business charts. So physical presence is usually required at such times.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Obiwiz(m): 7:18am On Dec 01, 2015
brainbucks:

I was a 200L UniJos student before I switched to Covenant. Just saying...
Okay. And what course were you studying at unijos, and what course did Covenant university offer you?
Secondly jos is a crisis-prone place. So, just like FUT Yola, UniMaid, ABU zaria, & most northern schools, it doesn't fit into my own definition of "good federal university" right now. Security is a strong factor too.
I bet if you were able to secure a place for a nice course in say, maybe, Uniben, unilag, unilorin, unn, uniport, oak, futa, futo, etc you likely wouldn't have thought of going to Covenant university.
My reasoning though.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 01, 2015
Obiwiz:

Okay. And what course were you studying at unijos, and what course did Covenant university offer you?
Secondly jos is a crisis-prone place. So, just like FUT Yola, UniMaid, ABU zaria, & most northern schools, it doesn't fit into my own definition of "good federal university" right now. Security is a strong factor too.
I bet if you were able to secure a place for a nice course in say, maybe, Uniben, unilag, unilorin, unn, uniport, oak, futa, futo, etc you likely wouldn't have thought of going to Covenant university.
My reasoning though.

Jos was not always what it is today. I went in in 2000, and the only major crises then were useless ASUU strikes.

I may not agree with all their methods, but the quality of teaching/education and the meticulous attention to every detail at Covenant make it insane for me to even entertain the thought of sticking with the likes of institutions you mentioned.

Not even my Masters study sojourn in the United States can compare to the sense and feeling that someone actually and genuinely gives a damn about you and your future as is obtainable at Covenant.

While the schools you highlight may be good in their own right, they all operate in environments susceptible to strikes, cultism, unchecked crime, poor sanitation, inadequate security of lives and property, infrastructural neglect etc.

Covenant countered all those vices for me. Again, I may not agree entirely with their methods. But if my kids had to school in Nigeria, I could bet my life that they'll be well taken care of at Covenant.

So, my simple answer is an emphatic NO. I would never trade Covenant for those others. And I bet you'd share that sentiment if you experienced Covenant as a student for only one singular hour.

PS : Unijos "offered" me banking & finance. At Covenant I got to choose what I really wanted to study, since I qualified in every respect.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by powerblaze(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2015
brainbucks:

Tsup.

Well I ain't no tech addict so I really neither can tell the LCDs and stuff nor does it make a difference to me in terms of budgeting.

A kinda exact replica of what's in the photo is just about all I wanna set up in my home for my business.
Just a rough estimation of likely cost would be appreciated.

Good morning.

hello,
Based on that pic, its most likely at least 2 workstations, and extended desktops across several LCD screens. You can switch screens/pcs using a port switch.

Specs depends largely on taste. But You'd get a top quality model for 300k. (2 core i5 workstations, port switch, 2 LCD screens, wireless mouse & keyboard..)

That said, i can relate to the post.. Was in the 3rd set.. Some moments felt like jail time really..
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
powerblaze:

hello,
Based on that pic, its most likely at least 2 workstations, and extended desktops across several LCD screens. You can switch screens/pcs using a port switch.

Specs depends largely on taste. But You'd get a top quality model for 300k. (2 core i5 workstations, port switch, 2 LCD screens, wireless mouse & keyboard..)

That said, i can relate to the post.. Was in the 3rd set.. Some moments felt like jail time really..

oh shoots that sounds good

but wait o...is the 300k you quoted per piece or for the entire workstation as depicted, please?
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by ichommy(m): 9:19am On Dec 01, 2015
You will get nice LCD PC for $160 X 6
@ Amazon *cheap price*. You will get a nice Mifi/wifi from 4Glite, MTN, spectranet. And Inverter. $2000 should be OK. I hope this help?
brainbucks:

Tsup.

Well I ain't no tech addict so I really neither can tell the LCDs and stuff nor does it make a difference to me in terms of budgeting.

A kinda exact replica of what's in the photo is just about all I wanna set up in my home for my business.
Just a rough estimation of likely cost would be appreciated.

Good morning.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2015
ichommy:
You will get nice LCD PC for $160 X 6
@ Amazon *cheap price*. You will get a nice Mifi/wifi from 4Glite, MTN, spectranet. And Inverter. $2000 should be OK. I hope this help?

oh for sure, thanks!

but where and how exactly did Inverter factor into the equation? Cos the regular inverter set up at my house cost like 350k altogether...inverter 150k and battery 50k X4
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by ichommy(m): 9:35am On Dec 01, 2015
Lol You will get a nice inverter for 60K that will power whole work station. Till you back up d power station. You won't use table o grin a nice manufacture frame will be better and AC to cool d room.
brainbucks:

oh for sure, thanks!

but where and how exactly did Inverter factor into the equation? Cos the regular inverter set up at my house cost like 350k altogether...inverter 150k and battery 50k X4
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2015
ichommy:
Lol You will get a nice inverter for 60K that will power whole work station. Till you back up d power station. You won't use table o grin a nice manufacture frame will be better and AC to cool d room.

oh k if I catch your drift you're saying this 60k kinda inverter will be strictly for the workstation, yea? plz have you an idea how much time that kinda inverter lasts without central power? plus when you say manufactured frame, is it something I can talk to a carpenter or welder about?
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Ranchhoddas: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2015
brainbucks:

Lol I'm no ritualistic naa so it's kinda hard to electronically dish out assignments.

I usually employ helps every now and then for short term contracts to monitor my business charts. So physical presence is usually required at such times.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 01, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
When next you need to employ someone please let me know.I believe I can get to your location.I promise to be a loyal and faithful employee-your consigliere.I seriously need the money.Thank you in advance.

Ha. My guy is still on this matter.

Did you finish from Covenant? If yes, you already qualify and there'll be no need to drop a CV. If not, send your CV to brainbucksfx@mail.com

I'll look at it and maybe it might come in handy at some point. Maybe. Thanks
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Ranchhoddas: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2015
brainbucks:

Ha. My guy is still on this matter.

Did you finish from Covenant? If yes, you already qualify and there'll be no need to drop a CV. If not, send your CV to brainbucksfx@mail.com

I'll look at it and maybe it might come in handy at some point. Maybe. Thanks
Copy that!
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by ichommy(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2015
The capacity of the inverter depends on the KVA. She d pictures of the Frames work fits
brainbucks:

oh k if I catch your drift you're saying this 60k kinda inverter will be strictly for the workstation, yea? plz have you an idea how much time that kinda inverter lasts without central power? plus when you say manufactured frame, is it something I can talk to a carpenter or welder about?

Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2015
ichommy:
The capacity of the inverter depends on the KVA. She d pictures of the Frames work fits

Gaddem they're beautiful. Dem suppose dey market as is naau...I'll find them.

Many thanks!
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by ichommy(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Am glad u like it. So u be #eagle wink
brainbucks:

Gaddem they're beautiful. Dem suppose dey market as is naau...I'll find them.
Many thanks!
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by powerblaze(m): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
brainbucks:

oh shoots that sounds good

but wait o...is the 300k you quoted per piece or for the entire workstation as depicted, please?

Sorry for replying late.. Busy Day.

Yes, the entire package
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by dexla(f): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:

Yea you probably do. I came back there with anger and resentment. Sneaked outta school DAILY to go smoke lots of weed and sip some. Still kept a steady head in class sha and got out with a 2:1. And then on graduation day they had the effontry to feature me in the graduation program for an award I won elsewhere...using me to shine.

Such a politicized religious institution in the end!

Gnyt bro

not a bro
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
dexla:

not a bro

ah! you owe me an apology naa

I would never have gone into all that detail if I knew you weren't a bro

anyways I'm consoled by the knowledge that I'm not the first to have made that assumption here
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by dexla(f): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:

ah! you owe me an apology naa

I would never have gone into all that detail if I knew you weren't a bro

anyways I'm consoled by the knowledge that I'm not the first to have made that assumption here

lol!

Haven't thought of editing my profile since I joined NL. The gender still remains anonymous and I seem to like it.

Don't like the way NL guys bash on ladies here. Just wondering what difference it will make if you revealed tmi to a guy/lady.

btw, was I right about the college, I mean CBS and wow! a 2.1 with all you went through. congrats man.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
dexla:

btw, was I right about the college, I mean CBS and wow! a 2.1 with all you went through. congrats man.

thanks. hmm yea I see you dangling that bait etching me toward an admission/revelation.

hahaa e no go work!
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by dexla(f): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:

thanks. hmm yea I see you dangling that bait etching me toward an admission/revelation.

hahaa e no go work!

lol! I can tell who you are tho, just don't have that time investigating.

Its just a matter of one or two calls to the pioneer set. another option will be to go through the final year booklet of 2007 graduating set, all I need is a matric number that seems odd.

your case was very popular back then, the search happened over the weekend. I think on a sunday while Fadugba was acting like he wanted to address everyone at the chapel.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
dexla:

lol! I can tell who you are tho, just don't have that time investigating.

Its just a matter of one or two calls to the pioneer set. another option will be to go through the final year booklet of 2007 graduating set, all I need is a matric number that seems odd.

your case was very popular back then, the search happened over the weekend. I think on a sunday while Fadugba was acting like he wanted to address everyone at the chapel.

I'm glad you're waaaaay off - almost on all counts.

PS: Don't let that dude hear you o... I think he officially quit bearing that name siiiiince 3003BC.
Re: 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) by dexla(f): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:

I'm glad you're waaaaay off - almost on all counts.

PS: Don't let that dude hear you o... I think he officially quit bearing that name siiiiince 3003BC.

Even if I was right u will still deny. Its CST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Considers Shifting January 18 School Resumption Date / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.