Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria (36145 Views)

World's Most Dangerous And Peaceful Countries Revealed On Map, See Nigeria(Photo / Map Of Most Dangerous Countries To Travel To In The World, See Nigeria's Place. / 5 Fascinating Attractions In Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
ofofoCEO:
4. Akwa Ibom International Stadium

The Akwa Ibom Stadium meets world standard in respect to its sleek design and the array of facilities it has been equipped me. I can boastfully beat my tiny chest anywhere and say this Stadium can go head to head with other critically acclaimed stadiums across the globe. It is of the same high standards as the Old Trafford, San Siro, Alianz Arena, Camp Nou to mention but a few.
I'm sorry to break ur heart, it cannot host any international competition cos it does not av a media stand.
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by kudumopol(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by jamela(f): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
Cavenchy:
The people you are trying to impress by showing these pictures live in places like the ones (pictured below - the last one is South Africa). So how do we expect them to care about Nigeria's infrastructural development?

We need to be truthful about the situation, during independence we were tipped as the Giant of Africa, just like the U.S.A for the American continent, the China for Asia, the Russia for Europe, the Dubai for the Middle East. However, we don't seem to have done much to live up to the expectations, I have been to many of these places and sometimes I wish the leaders who mismanaged our resources due to greed would all line up and tender a heartfelt apology to the people.

How can we after 55 years still be complaining about steady power? or portable water?

Nigeria needs to invest in massive infrastructural development at least continuously for the next 30 years, countries that got independence long after we did, seem to be way ahead.

Black people complain about racism all around the world yet the world's most populous black nation can't seem to save the black race from this quagmire. If Nigeria became what it was meant to be early enough, no single black man/woman would be anywhere else speaking about racism.

God save the people of Nigeria!

Very True. The bolded part amazes me too.
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
not bad, nice scenery. the outside eyes don't see the beauty of the nation, they only focus on the dark cloud. you feculent, wash yourself why you're stagnant. leave my nation alone, increase the growth and the betterment of my nation, just do that and u will see d change of Nigerians. thank u
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
Dahveydson:
Op you're hilarious. You post edited pictures and you want our views about Nigeria to change.

Why don't you go to the south south and take pictures of oil spills? Or to the north to show us how BH have ravaged that area.

showing us silly pictures like Nigerians are not suffering in those areas. Show the pictures to your American friends if you have, not to us Nigerians.

Like the silly pictures will salvage our economic situation.
I witness to all the pix abt ABUJA
#IWishICanLiveInAbj
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
sukkot:
sai change

sai buhari
Buhari didn't contribute a dhme of sand to the development of the above LANDMARKS.
BUT GOODLUCK CONTRIBUTED TO THE UYO PROJECT
and
Further the development of ABUJA
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
ofofoCEO:

The Akwa Ibom Stadium meets world standard in respect to its sleek design and the array of facilities it has been equipped me. I can boastfully beat my tiny chest anywhere and say this Stadium can go head to head with other critically acclaimed stadiums across the globe. It is of the same high standards as the Old Trafford, San Siro, Alianz Arena, Camp Nou to mention but a few.
pls remove allianz arena and san siro, i thankgod u didn't add the santiago bernaebeu. Add the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK, EMIRATES AND ETIHAD STADIUM. Add king power stadium, wait o what do u even mean by allianz arena. Compare dat stadium with st. James park instead. Can nigeria even build parc des princes? Or vicente el caderon? U knw what lets jst manage it as best in africa dnt cross d border because imagining d stadiums u mentiond, dis own is a parking lot, no offence o. Jst hallucinating
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by cronsberg: 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nope, it didn't change my view of Nigeria. Petrol in filling stations is still above 200 naira a litre, power is still shamefully unreliable, bh is still killing people, police still collect bribe at checkpoints, I still don't have a job, maybe you rarely read about armed robbers but they still rob people on the highways, e.t.c e.t.c
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by blimeyVic(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
Fascinating Shots indeed. However,these are just few things we definitely should have out-achieved for the length of time Nigeria as a country has existed,No thanks to our 'very wise past and present leaders',not politicians. Well to say less,until an average Nigerian can turn the tap in their house and gain access to public-run water system,then our civilisation is yet to be 'civilised',yes,because neatness is next to 'godliness',or is that not why an average police corporal in the UK looks better than his Nigerian counterpart. Lol!!. Nigerian Society Of Engineers engineering Us to nowhere since 1992 when our Tap stopped rushing.
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by calista1234(f): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
ofofoCEO:

this are what d church build not d govt
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by peleson: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
ofofoCEO:
3. Christ Church Cathedral in Marina, Lagos

The Cathedral Church of Christ is the oldest Anglican Cathedral in Nigeria. The church construction was completed in 1946 and is still well maintained till date. Did I hear someone say Nigerians lack a maintenance culture? Husssssh please.
Not the oldest, the oldest Anglican church is in bonny st.stephens built in 16th century
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Farnsworth: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
jhidey08:
I'm sorry to break ur heart, it cannot host any international competition cos it does not av a media stand.

A media stand will restrict it from hosting a international game? that's funny, BTW how does it not have a media stand? the architects did not foresee the need for section of the stadium which has become standard requirement in football stadiums world wide?
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Technocrat1759(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
Mr op i must reveal this, i an Abja resident and i tell u those estates are mostly empty, with a majority of d people living in d slums. Thats d bitter reality!
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by ofofoCEO(f): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
peleson:

Not the oldest, the oldest Anglican church is in bonny st.stephens built in 16th century

Wow, now I know, thanks hun kiss

1 Like

Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Dahveydson(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
nextstep:

All I'm saying is if all we see about New York in Western media are the good parts, then why complain when we show only the good parts of Lagos in our media? If you want to be fair, demand, and publish the bad parts of the Western world too. Nobody denies we are not in the same league, but to constantly insist we should show the bad is not good for morale.

On the other hand, by showing the good, you encourage us, and visitors, to see the country in more balanced light...

What concerns me with the western world? I am in Africa for crying out loud, you think posting good pictures will automatically erase our problems?

1 Like

Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by jhidey08(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Farnsworth:

A media stand will restrict it from hosting a international game? that's funny, BTW how does it not have a media stand? the architects did not foresee the need for section of the stadium which has become standard requirement in football stadiums world wide?
a stadium without a media stand cannot host any international match. U can make ur research to prove me wrong sha
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2015
Views from the 6ix..

Never change sha
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by gracile(f): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2015
where is kura falls jos?never seen a place like it.It's epic!!
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by KimnanaTweety(f): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2015
ptchewww. endtime biafra
Justicealh3:
Biafra...
Re: 5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
How does this rubbish pic put food on my table or fuel my car. Mtcheeeeew! fake posters eveywhr

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Corper Shares Her Experience With Max Air / Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria / Driver Falls Off Ogudu Bridge In Lagos After Horrific Motor Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.