Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father (2354 Views)

Umuahia Youth Movement Gives Ikpeazu 24Hours To Dethrone Nnamdi Kanu's Father / Israel Okwu Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Father Speaks On Call For His Son's Re-Arrest / Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by ABACITYBLOG: 6:27am On Dec 01, 2015
So they said blood is thicker than water and Snake can’t bear what is not long, Activism they say, runs in the family of the traditional ruler of Afaraukwu in Umuahia, the Abia State capital. From the monarch himself, His Royal Majesty, Eze Sir I. O. Kanu, Eze Ikputu of Afara Ukwu Ibeku in Umuahia, to the least of his children, it’s all the same blue blood of activism permanently glued in their veins. In the early 1990s, Nnamdi Kanu’s younger brother, Emmanuel, spearheaded the agitation for the reduction of school fees. Now Nnamdi, is leading a group to demand the freedom of Biafra.

Daily Sun interviewed HRH Eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu’s father, he revealed that it was activism that made him represent his area three times as Councillor, said he was ready to abdicate his throne over the course for which his son is being detained; see the interview excerpt below:

How do you feel concerning your son appearing in court last week?

I’m very happy that he was brought to court on Monday (last week). From what I heard, as I was not able to go because of my health, I was impressed at least my family members were able to see him.

You may have had high hopes your son would be released last week, but he was not. How do you react to this failed expectation?

Well, it’s true that his release has taken time, but every Biafran in Abuja, I learnt, was protesting that he be released. Even those of them that were not on their Biafran uniform later changed to it, flying their flags and also chanting that he should be released. It made me sad that he was not released because I expected them to release him on that very day, but it didn’t come through, instead they adjourned the case.

Do you think it is just for him to continue to be in custody?

..........Read more on==>>http://abacityblog.com/2015/12/exclusive-im-ready-to-renounce-my-throne-for-biafra-freedom-eze-kanu-nnamdi-kanus-father/

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by lolaxavier(m): 6:32am On Dec 01, 2015
And so what?
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Pavore9: 6:34am On Dec 01, 2015
Every man has his conviction.
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by mazzi: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2015
No wonder
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by trapQ: 6:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Then so be it, providing Biafra knows its boundary. The SS can never be Biafra. saying that the SS must do a referendum reeks of stupidity. The SS never supported the biafran agitation and should not to compelled to perform a referendum.

Biafra starts and ends in the SE. anything other than that will see a repeat of 1966, and we know that history will repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Tunami(m): 6:43am On Dec 01, 2015
in bob marley's voice everyman has the right to decide own destiny
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by kossyablaze(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2015
Tunami:
in bob marley's voice everyman has the right to decide own destiny
some people here don't believe in that

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:46am On Dec 01, 2015
trapQ:
Then so be it, providing Biafra knows its boundary. The SS can never be Biafra. saying that the SS must do a referendum reeks of stupidity. The SS never supported the biafran agitation and should not to compelled to perform a referendum.

Biafra starts and ends in the SE. anything other than that will see a repeat of 1966, and we know that history will repeat itself.
if only you channel this effort to osun the state wouldn't have been a failed state

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by ubah84(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2015
who even recognise ur throne in the first place

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by cyberdurable(m): 7:10am On Dec 01, 2015
love....... Eze may you live long..... Ibeku Ukwu Ogurube!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by size40: 7:11am On Dec 01, 2015
If ur ready then pull off ur regalia and wear ur war Armor. Let's show u d difference btw a football captain and a military captain. Instead of placing his Ofor on d table the Eze is placing his mobile phones.
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Geraraheremehn: 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm Eze easy oo
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 01, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 01, 2015
Back from another lalasticlala ban...

Ndi Nkem, unu dikwa mma?

We dey Abuja oh

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Samirana360(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2015
heart of a loving father

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by kingzizzy: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2015
This is what I call a man with conviction! Not like the so called Igbo leaders who can't speak out for Biafra because they fear persecution or for selfish interests. Eze Kanu is willing to give up his throne for his son and people, I congratulate him for this noble gesture.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by kingzizzy: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2015
trapQ:

This guy is funny. First he accuses the Igbos of grabbing the lands of the Southern minorities into Biafra but he has no problem grabbing the lands of more than 30 ethnic groups including indigenous Igbos into his phantom 'SS' that is not even recognised in law.

I laugh in Swahili

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by dsolutions: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2015
ok
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by LoveMachine(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by Kestolovee95(f): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
That's a real man. Meanwhile IPOB is set to write to every US senator and congressman individually on the goings-on in the zoo. They only need ONE US senator to bring the Biafran issue to the fore. Just one.
Re: I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father by neolboy(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
do it now

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Judge Who Nullified Wike's Election, Promoted To Supreme Court / Ben Murray-bruce Comes For Buhari In New Facebook Post / REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.